Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

rkhanna

Country flag
@rkhanna I heard SAS and SBS is having financial troubles too? I am aware about their recruitment levels falling down but Heard alot of operators are leaving to join PMCs around the world as they pay so much better

No Idea. but all Western Forces have shorter terms of their commision/mil contract and Most look to go private and some will go career. Dont think there is anything special about today's "situation".

NOBODY joins Official Military SOF Units for Money.

airborneCommando

Country flag
View attachment 252714

Can we say Rangers == Ghatak ??
Nope, Ghataks are platoon sized formation within Infantry Battalions whereas Rangers are a separate regiment. Ghatak Plt is more of shock and awe force with mobility (heliborne, vehicle-mounted) somewhat comparable to para.
Ranger regt on the other hand is more comparable to our Para SF in terms of charter, firepower and capabilities, the difference being para SF's War Establishment is more on the lines of Brit SAS/US Army SF i.e Team -> Troops based upon Specialization (i.e CFF, Boat, Mobility) -> 6 Man Squads/HIT (composed of personnel on the basis of individual specialization). [roughly]

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles