Indian Special Forces

Kumaoni

Agreed. And especially, more and more servicemen, officers need to come out with their experiences and discuss all facets of service life in their own ways. And people from CAPFs, state police too.

The rich discussions that can be had with people who have actual experiences is very enriching and exciting! In fact, it even motivates and spreads positivity among all. Else we have all kinds of things happening haha.
Sainik Samachar articles of the 1990s are golden for this. They have many battakion stories from former officers who served in 65, 71, and various COIN operations or border operations, I wish we could access those articles, very enriching

Whatever

Country flag
American SF is well trained, highly motivated, and has the experiences doing actual operations. Unlike Europoop “SF” which just hides behind america and won’t send a single soldier to fight for Ukraine despite their tough talk
There was a hostage situation of foreign tourists in Kashmir back when terrorism was at its peak. Polish as well as British citizens i think so they sent their very professional Sfs for recuse ops because they didn't trust us. Polish Sfs were sent officially and there was also brit Sfs unofficially i have read somewhere.
Tey tried bhery bhery professionally but at last a few dead bodies were recovered and they gave up and returned 😂 Indian forces killed all the terrorists involved. Don't remember the exact details of the incident if someone does please share.

There is also a conspiracy regarding this event that Indian intelligence knew the location of the hostages beforehand but didn't give the information so that India can use this incident to show radical terrorism in Kashmir.
But all in all eurofags returned empty handed 😂

Kumaoni

There was a hostage situation of foreign tourists in Kashmir back when terrorism was at its peak. Polish as well as British citizens i think so they sent their very professional Sfs for recuse ops because they didn't trust us. Polish Sfs were sent officially and there was also brit Sfs unofficially i have read somewhere.
Tey tried bhery bhery professionally but at last a few dead bodies were recovered and they gave up and returned 😂 Indian forces killed all the terrorists involved. Don't remember the exact details of the incident if someone does please share.

There is also a conspiracy regarding this event that Indian intelligence knew the location of the hostages beforehand but didn't give the information so that India can use this incident to show radical terrorism in Kashmir.
Oh yeah, they claimed we do a false flag to hide their patehtic failures. Europoops at their finest.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Not polish Norwegian fsk came official

Waanar

Country flag
Not polish Norwegian fsk came official
Pisses me off to no end that foreign troops were allowed to conduct any operation in our land.

Should've been lead to a minefield and just went "oops, must've been the pesky terrorists" while returning their dead bodies.
I have nothing against Europeans but I HATE the idea of allowing their troops to do anything here other than train.

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Pisses me off to no end that foreign troops were allowed to conduct any operation in our land.

Should've been lead to a minefield and just went "oops, must've been the pesky terrorists" while returning their dead bodies.
I have nothing against Europeans but I HATE the idea of allowing their troops to do anything here other than train.
It is also rumoured that Delta and SAS were in Kashmir hunting for OBL at start of GWOT, It's a news report from the telegraph i think (not so credible)

ShoorVeer

Country flag

Pretty sure they were not allowed. They were acting secretively.

The 90's were a wild time in Kashmir and anything and everything was happening there. In fact, some of my known relatives served during that time. It was totally wild.

We were a spy agency playground during those times sadly.

Waanar

Country flag
It is also rumoured that Delta and SAS were in Kashmir hunting for OBL at start of GWOT, It's a news report from the telegraph i think (not so credible)
Rumors are probably rumors but either way.
I wish death on any foreign troops entering India.
Pretty sure they were not allowed. They were acting secretively.

The 90's were a wild time in Kashmir and anything and everything was happening there. In fact, some of my known relatives served during that time. It was totally wild.

We were a spy agency playground during those times sadly.
I've heard a different story where the Paras were made to stand down and the retards who assumed they know the mountains better than the brown man spent a few days getting lost in the mountains before coming back empty handed. All the hostages were beheaded later.
NATO supremacy FTW.

Whatever

Country flag
Results speak for themselves, you can go have a fuc*ing honeymoon with your bae in Kashmir because of the intelligence netwrk spread by the same forces and the effective counter terrorism done in Kashmir. After every killing of security personnels or KPs in Kashmir the attackers are identified and neutralised mostly within a week.

Whatever

Country flag

I've heard a different story where the Paras were made to stand down and the retards who assumed they know the mountains better than the brown man spent a few days getting lost in the mountains before coming back empty handed. All the hostages were beheaded later.
NATO supremacy FTW.
Yes i have read the same that Indian agencies were made to stand down, even the intel provided by us was ignored mostly.

ShoorVeer

Country flag

NATO supremacy FTW.
Oh is it? I am not aware about the hostage crisis first hand, so cannot say much on that. I was simply guessing as whatever literature I have read, it points to the fact that lots of such covert ops were active at that time. Not sure how much overt or covert support and understanding we leant.

Kumaoni

Oh is it? I am not aware about the hostage crisis first hand, so cannot say much on that. I was simply guessing as whatever literature I have read, it points to the fact that lots of such covert ops were active at that time. Not sure how much overt or covert support and understanding we leant.
Indian army was mainly doing cordon ambushes on the border and killing Jihadis in encounters. Matter of fact 94 and 95s KD ratios were the highest in that decade, and are the highest till this point I believe.

Kumaoni

If our intel agencies really did what they are being accused of then its pretty sad but badass 🙃
Big move
It’s westoid cope. They failed against a ragtag B grade Militia called “Al Faran” which was nothing but a splinter group of Harkat ul Ansar, which was dismantled by Indian intelligence the previous year with the arrests of both Sajjad Afghani and Masood Azhar (Soviet Afghan war veterans)

Waanar

Country flag
Indian army was mainly doing cordon ambushes on the border and killing Jihadis in encounters. Matter of fact 94 and 95s KD ratios were the highest in that decade, and are the highest till this point I believe.
GWOT overcame and widened the gap considerably in terms of equipment and training pipelines and infrastructure, otherwise, dare I say us Indians and Israelis were the top dogs getting regular exposure to both COIN ops and conventional wars.

As US winds down its overseas military commitment, I guess it'll fall back to the old status quo.

Unless US attacks Iran. That'll be a kick in the baby-makers.

Last edited:

ShoorVeer

Country flag
Yes I am aware. One of my close relatives was in the police there as an officer in training for a brief 3 months period. So I am aware of the kind of ops that we were doing.

Results speak for themselves, you can go have a fuc*ing honeymoon with your bae in Kashmir because of the intelligence netwrk spread by the same forces and the effective counter terrorism done in Kashmir. After every killing of security personnels or KPs in Kashmir the attackers are identified and neutralised mostly within a week.
Agreed. It was a crazy time, Punjab insurgency, political upheavel, PM assainated, us losing villages in Kashmir, using tanks and BMP, losing the other side of Dal lake, RR getting formed, North East insurgency, us going bankrupt! etc etc Man, what a decade that was hahaha.

From then to here, we have created credible, well functioning and efficient institutions in Kashmir now. Certainly something to be proud of.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles