Indian Special Forces

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Non of the pkm's in the Indian army were purchased. Believe it or not every PKM that you see are captured enemy weapons from various engagements and most of them are of chinese origins AKA Norinco.
Not true we did purchase from Romania and a few scavenged from old T-55 but yes we do use lots of captured ones.

Though the situation is pathetic if we consider that armed forces of India till 90s and early 2000s were using rifles machine guns etc captured from terrorists naxals and enemy.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

Gears of CRPF commandes have improved...
Wrong thread, and in what way? The only new things are few newish Arsenal Bulgarian AKs and newish bikes, other than that they’re the same underequipped force they largely are with no ballistic protection of any kind. Though I have more confidence in them modernising relatively faster.

Flying Dagger

Country flag

Gears of CRPF commandes have improved...
Well good thing is they get individual budget to buy for themselves .

Bad news is many buy substandard products to save cost.

But if you look around in recent videos pics of last few years... The INSAS is being phased out and arsenal /OFB AKs are everywhere now.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
PLR makes them here so a fairly reliable option as against piecemeal import of sights from US.
It’s not a piecemeal import, atleast in PARAs, the Eotechs came with the M4 SOPMOD Block 1 package where we selected Eotechs and Comp M4s. Though few Ghatak units and some RR battalions have purchased few using commanders funds.

aditya g

Country flag
I’ve noticed that SPG are using a mix of their traditional Motorola bone conducting comns (black cables) and the conventional transparent headphones with a PTT mic seen with most CP units in the world.

I wonder what the reason for this could be, it’s not like they are short of money, maybe different comns networks?

View attachment 146266
Got a better picture of that patch?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles