Indian Special Forces

Fire and groove

Country flag
Honestly don't start this nonsense again.

There's nothing unique or special about PARA (SF), the top units in the world with almost endless resources induct such equipment, it's insulting to PARA (SF) to make these arguments like they don't need top of the line equipment.
They don't. Binods get the job done pretty well and they don't cost a fortune or weigh as much. Quads are for those situations where you exclusively expect CQB or in operations with a short battle clock. Anything extended beyond that and it's just a massive pain lugging your neck.

Fire and groove

Country flag
They literally jumped from no NVGs to quad NVGs. Good for them. They are a young unit, so they dont carry the pride and arrogance a certain sf unit carries. They might be more willing to learn from foreign units.
You do realize you're talking about the premiere Instagram SF...

Fire and groove

Country flag
You do realize you're just another Keyboard Commando on a Forum, who I doubt can go through even 1 day of probation...
1. You literally know nothing about me.
2. I say it as it is. It's not surprising that an SOF recruiting from civilians with little oversight and protocol has massive opsec issues that dwarfs even the Paras, despite little reason for such leaks to exist.
3. Did I hurt your fee-fees? Suck it up.

SGOperative

Country flag
2013 Chattisgarh helo crash, pathankot, operation in July 2018 where two of them died while netting two insurgents
2013 Helo crash was because of Insurgents shooting 15 bullets at the Heli. Bro are you even serious.
During Pathankot where 1 Garud was KIA they achieved their objective of securing the IAF Assets and Later the NSG took the lead in that op.
During CI/CT ops casualties have been with Para SF too. A 7.62 bullet can kill anyone.

Scramjet

Country flag
They don't. Binods get the job done pretty well and they don't cost a fortune or weigh as much. Quads are for those situations where you exclusively expect CQB or in operations with a short battle clock. Anything extended beyond that and it's just a massive pain lugging your neck.
Thats why in US, only tier 1 SOFs use them

Fire and groove

Country flag
2013 Helo crash was because of Insurgents shooting 15 bullets at the Heli. Bro are you even serious.
During Pathankot where 1 Garud was KIA they achieved their objective of securing the IAF Assets and Later the NSG took the lead in that op.
During CI/CT ops casualties have been with Para SF too. A 7.62 bullet can kill anyone.
Yeah, and then they abandoned a guy in the helo looking for "help", who then had to be rescued by the CRPF later, no thanks to those guys.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles