Indian Special Forces

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
from indo china thread.... Can this be a proper use-case of our SF elements. Have read a lot about sensitive equipment retrieval operations conducted by JSOC elements and even UKSF in certain places.
How do you propose SFs retrieve a 5-ton heli through a mountainous terrain to the nearest road ?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Assuming airframe is not fly worthy, retrieve sensitive equipment and then controllably destroy the airframe
Airframe is being said to be airworthy (at least by pilots), also pilots escaped unharmed which makes sense, it was not a "crash", but an emergency landing.

Ground crew is evaluating whether the hepter can be flown back after repairs or they need to dismantle the airframe to carry it chunk-by-chunk.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Assuming airframe is not fly worthy, retrieve sensitive equipment and then controllably destroy the airframe
Can't go in the exact details but they will remove both the chunky engines, rotors and tail rotors and exposed sensors which can be damaged during airlifting and stub wings too!

Then a Chinook will lift it to the nearest airstrip(can't tell) and then all will be packed and loaded in a C-17 and off to HAL or Pathankot!

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Send me the link if you don't mind I have most clips vut still missing a few

Iske channel pe miljayegi, other than that their were other cool videos which are nowhere to be seen now

airborneCommando

Country flag
I said "if you had seen pics from other angles" not saying see this pi form different angles!

There's nothing about 29th Inf Div, SF squads keep rotating and the closes SF squad to the scene is rushed!

From the same encounter!

Their is a vid but I can't send videos on here

View attachment 247693
1 para's kit at display last year, pl do cross-check bhai. Have seen them with new OpsCore helmets during excercises as well. Anyways, 1 para seems to be adopting an NSG like approach in overall trg and stuff. Next to 9 para, Ive only seen 1 para using uniformly decent kit during some operations.

IMG_20240409_215941_854.jpg

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
1 para's kit at display last year, pl do cross-check bhai. Have seen them with new OpsCore helmets during excercises as well. Anyways, 1 para seems to be adopting an NSG like approach in overall trg and stuff. Next to 9 para, Ive only seen 1 para using uniformly decent kit during some operations.

View attachment 247730
What's the first thing on the table?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles