Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
They will ans they do. Akshardham Temple Seige. 2002

View attachment 244517
Let’s be real-this is nonsense. Imagine having to take casualties because you’re conducting a tactical op in bare feet. Broken glass, shrapnel and blood are clearly a great mix.

would hope in 2024 Indian public aren’t retarded enough to not respect the well being of the guys that are willing to run towards the enemy for them but I don’t know. This is the same country that’s virtue signalling with all female ‘commando’ units

rkhanna

Country flag
Let’s be real-this is nonsense. Imagine having to take casualties because you’re conducting a tactical op in bare feet. Broken glass, shrapnel and blood are clearly a great mix.

would hope in 2024 Indian public aren’t retarded enough to not respect the well being of the guys that are willing to run towards the enemy for them but I don’t know. This is the same country that’s virtue signalling with all female ‘commando’ units
lol in Today's enviornment? We will send our Children out to die with substandard kit and superstition and then turn them into Martyr and worship them.

IndiaRising

Country flag

Sir what is a complex operation for you that Paras currently cannot conduct?

Jedi Operator

Country flag
lol in Today's enviornment? We will send our Children out to die with substandard kit and superstition and then turn them into Martyr and worship them.
I want you to listen comedian Troy Bond, he sums it up perfectly here

armyofhind

Country flag

It's the same country which didn't allow SG to blow holes in the Golden Temple's walls to keep surprise. Forced them to use the main entrance, which was already covered by an MG by the Khalistanis.

So I think not, most likely.
Best case, the possible commander on the ground keeps an erect spine and refuses to let his boys go in without proper PPE.

rkhanna

Country flag
It's the same country which didn't allow SG to blow holes in the Golden Temple's walls to keep surprise. Forced them to use the main entrance, which was already covered by an MG by the Khalistanis.
well just 1 nuance to take note of- the Khalistan movement was already drawn on Religious Lines with the larger population while not supporting the violence was definetly sympathetic. So the GT was as much symbolic of the Religious Struggle ( in their minds) as it was a venue for their last stand.

So not real Apples to Apples but fair point. That being said:

During the 1979 Seige of the Grand Mosque, the assault force was given freedom to operate as was neccacry by Religious Decree. (Islam forbids any violence in the Grand Mosque - including uprooting of trees)

Similar example of Religious Decorum being abandoned in Pakistan when the SSG retook the Lal Masjid?

armyofhind

Country flag
Most of the men themselves are very religious be it the NSG or any component of armed forces/police.
Being religious, and letting that get in the way of one's professionalism towards discharging one's duties properly are two very different things.

Just imagine the scenarios of going in barefoot into a siege/hostage rescue environment where there can be anything from booby traps to IEDs.

I'm not denying that it is valorous, for sure it is. But IMHO, it just adds to the long lists of things that can go wrong in an already complex situation.

Kumaoni

They did this in bluestar 1984, and we all saw the relentless khalistani propagnda after.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles