Indian Special Forces

kaboom

Country flag
will MARCOS use the recently inducted MH 60r helis for maritime operations or its just for anti submarine warfare ?
It won't be dedicatedly used as it is for a special purpose and is too costly to loose , but still if it is the only available means on the craft they might.

Man it would have been rad if we had Blackhawks in service ....

jai jaganath

Country flag
will MARCOS use the recently inducted MH 60r helis for maritime operations or its just for anti submarine warfare ?
Yes
If I remember correctly
Parth sir reported or informed that 4 out of 24 helis won't have the segment for sonobouys this resulting in space so can be used for spec ops

kaboom

Country flag

Hydra7.62

Country flag
I read somewhere MARCOS demanded V22 osprey for maritime operations but their demands were denied. I hope they recieve few MH 60 helis just for themselves untill imrh enter production.

Jedi Operator

Country flag

Some great clips do Paras train for embassy evac? I doubt marcos do that for we even have our sf present in other countries?
1 Para was involved in embassy protection in 1987, prior to Op Pawan. MARCOS also actually did an operation like that

Indian Navy's offical account says:
"In November 1988, the Presidential elections in Sri Lanka posed a new contingency - the safety of President Jayawardene in case his party lost the election. As a precautionary measure, Operation Jupiter was planned to evacuate the President and his immediate family to safety. The Navy positioned at Tuticorin a Seaking-capable frigate, INS Godavari (and later INS Taragiri), with an IMSF team (MARCOS) embarked. They would also conduct an embassy evacuation if needed. As it happened, the President's party was re-elected, and Operation Jupiter never needed to happen"

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
1 Para was involved in embassy protection in 1987, prior to Op Pawan. MARCOS also actually did an operation like that

Indian Navy's offical account says:
"In November 1988, the Presidential elections in Sri Lanka posed a new contingency - the safety of President Jayawardene in case his party lost the election. As a precautionary measure, Operation Jupiter was planned to evacuate the President and his immediate family to safety. The Navy positioned at Tuticorin a Seaking-capable frigate, INS Godavari (and later INS Taragiri), with an IMSF team (MARCOS) embarked. They would also conduct an embassy evacuation if needed. As it happened, the President's party was re-elected, and Operation Jupiter never needed to happen"
That's awesome Now I wonder they train for so much and do so much but in the end every show has beach landing and para drops that's it even for Paras they do para drops that's it.

rkhanna

Country flag
this recklessness is why ex seals make shit instructors no offense
Recklessness is part of it. The foundational org structure is another part. Army SOF personel spend time in normal infantry units/Conventional combat units before going Para/Airbone and then SOF and then Tier 1. Navy guys go straight BUDS and then are obsorbed. They make great Assaulters, shit infantry men.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles