Indian Special Forces

mcpo117

Country flag
Members may curse me, mera kuch nai jata ( iam lying, dil dukhta hai not because you may curse but that our men attained veergati, saving a life even if that life is of a soldier should be a aim for the army iam not against army, never will be still...)
but I will still say, they were consumed by their own hubris. Cavalier attitude nai chalta yaara har jagah, they were splendid men the bravest but their little callousness cost them.
They should atleast wear whatever gear they have got, however shitty it is but they must wear it.
Also the men who do such ops should report their problems to higher ups and insist on such gadgets as mentioned by users like @mcpo117( new friend and memeber ) and @Tactical Doge ( the bone nibbler doge )
If marcos who in my opinion face far less ops than para sf can get better gadgets then why can't para (SF ?) .
If the gung - ho rambo attitude is there in jawans too than gawd save us.
enemy will not be considerate, atleast prepare against them as best as you can
I am really shocked to learn that some of those martyred men were part of the surgical strike team. which begs the question whether they went helmetless in that op too?

Zoid Raptor

Country flag
I am really shocked to learn that some of those martyred men were part of the surgical strike team. which begs the question whether they went helmetless in that op too?
I wouldn't doubt the courage of these SF units but given how pathetic our planning, SOPs and operational tactics are even during major incidents like Balakot, I doubt if our planners and intel agencies can coordinate an effective surgical strike. It feels like GoI faked it to calm down commoners that attacks on our men have been avenged

AnantS

Country flag
I wouldn't doubt the courage of these SF units but given how pathetic our planning, SOPs and operational tactics are even during major incidents like Balakot, I doubt if our planners and intel agencies can coordinate an effective surgical strike. It feels like GoI faked it to calm down commoners that attacks on our men have been avenged
Kuch bhi???

IndiaRising

Country flag
Nahi bhai 10 ke 10 ko marna chahiye tha. tu hi ladh le jake.
5 mar gaye hain without any single casualty to PAFF. Isi mein khush raho. Major Mohit Sharma went down fighting with 7 of his boys, but took out 17 jihadis in the process. That’s the difference.

IndiaRising

Country flag
Which surgical strike? 2016? Lol most of these guys were young except for the Havaldar.

IndiaRising

Country flag

This will remain forever in RFI like every single request by Para SF to upgrade their inventory. People here wrongly blame the units and their commanding officers when the real culprits are senior leadership of the Armed Forces and the brainless MoD babus who treat Paras as just another infantry battalion that will be sent as cannon fodder!

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Bruh they released the footage from the soldier's helmet cameras for surgical strikes. Anyway, it's more straight forward to carry out a planned offensive operation after choosing a time and place of attack, and preparing for weeks, than it is to maintain SOP and tactics at all times in order to defend effectively against a surprise attack. The latter is where our SF and infantry as a whole seem to be lacking.

Last edited:

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Recommend some good special forces Novels folks
SF books are also vast in genre, I've read alot of them and here's my best pick:

For getting an insight into life of an SF operator:
* Warrior's Soul by Chuck Pfarrer
* Fearless: Adam Brown by Eric Balham
* The Mission, The Men & Me by Pete Blabber
* The Shooting Gallery by Gaz Hunter
*Solider - "I" by Pete Winner
*Mob VI by Justin K Sheffield (recently B Grunty/ Warmonger took a hit on him, saying he scalped people and is a war criminal but anyways)

Best Combination of Real & Fiction
* SEAL Target Geronimo by Chuck Pfarrer
* Savage Hills by Major Abhay Narayan Sapru
* Rogue Warrior by Richard Marcinko

Best Leadership book
* Rogue Warrior's Strategies for Success by Richard Marcinko
* The Common Sense Way by Pete Blabber (haven't finished this one yet, it is kinda geeky, good for my taste. Dude talks a lot about evolutionary biology)
* Leadership Strategies & Tactics by Jocko Willink

Books on Failure of Leadership
* India's Special Forces : Past Present & Future by Lt Gen PC Katoch (I read it in bits, so havent gone through the entire book)
* Code over Country by Mathew Cole
*The Circuit by Bob Shepheard

Best books to Understand what are Special Operations?
* Relentless Strike by Sean Naylor
* Delta Force by Col Charles Bekwith (most of the time, he talks about how he started Delta, and how important it was to have such a unit, I wish our senior leadership reads it)

Others if you want to give it a read:
* No Hero, No Easy Day - Mark Owen
* Unafraid by Eddie Penny - only the stories about training and combat were interesting.
* SAS: Are Your Tough Enough by Barry Davis (there was a show also, same thing)
* Maj Abhay Narayan Sapru's short stories (btw I cant find his website, has he taken it down?)

rkhanna

Country flag
SF books are also vast in genre, I've read alot of them and here's my best pick:

*Mob VI by Justin K Sheffield (recently B Grunty/ Warmonger took a hit on him, saying he scalped people and is a war criminal but anyways)

Best Leadership book
* The Common Sense Way by Pete Blabber (haven't finished this one yet, it is kinda geeky, good for my taste. Dude talks a lot about evolutionary biology)

* India's Special Forces : Past Present & Future by Lt Gen PC Katoch (I read it in bits, so havent gone through the entire book)

* Delta Force by Col Charles Bekwith (most of the time, he talks about how he started Delta, and how important it was to have such a unit, I wish our senior leadership reads it)

* Unafraid by Eddie Penny - only the stories about training and combat were interesting.
* Maj Abhay Narayan Sapru's short stories (btw I cant find his website, has he taken it down?)

Throw Some Andy Mcnabb and Chris Ryan in there as well

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Best Leadership book

Thanks man That was a comprehensive list

And Major Sapru's website was still up and running last time I checked

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Throw Some Andy Mcnabb and Chris Ryan in there as well
Na! only Andy Mcnabb book I liked was Sorted! The Good Psycopath's Guid To Bossing Your Life. Also Ryan and Mcnab spat lies in their autobiography and were heavily criticised by a lot of ex-SAS guys

And If I were to Add one more book that is Nims Purja's Beyond Possible and Rusty fermin's 15 years in the SAS, the fromer explains SAS Jungle training and E&E in depth. Mike Day's Perfecty Wounded was also good

rkhanna

Country flag
And if you like balls out shooting and Zombies: There is no Better ZA+SOF content outthere- any forms of media: If you have prime you can download on kindle for free

Same guy also has 2 fiction stores around Delta

Jedi Operator

Country flag
U got a link for this one?
yeah will share it on DFI if you guys want. It's an open source learning platform so why not? Anyone has that India's Most Fearless Part 3 and Tim Kennedy's Scars & Stripes so pls send that, wasnt able to find a PDF for them

Attachments

Kumaoni

yeah will share it on DFI if you guys want. It's an open source learning platform so why not? Anyone has that India's Most Fearless Part 3 and Tim Kennedy's Scars & Stripes so pls send that, wasnt able to find a PDF for them
I have this (Indias most fearless part 3) but I brought it on Amazon kindle. I’ll need to ask my dad for the password because we are on family plan lol.

DIE UwU

Country flag
Bhai kuch zyda ho rha hai ab,tham ja thoda
Surgical Strike indeed took place just not the way it was shown in movie.

armyofhind

Country flag

Best Leadership book

Adding Recce by Koos Stadler to the list.

Good insight into the SOPs and Tactics of the South African Recces and also detailed info on FireForce tactics

Global Defence

New threads

Articles