Indian Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Kurdish counter terror. I don't know why modernization is such a puzzling concept in Para.
Or is it just sheer "chalta hai, why upgrade" ?
View attachment 205428
False Bravado.

Very common in fighter pilots and SF operators particularly in Asian countries.(south asian)

Flown with UK Navy pilots and had a drink with Marines but never found them to be so cocky like our officers.

No experience with Americans.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Hate to tell you this but that aint modernization, thats called anabolic steroids.
Just pointing out that even Syrians understand the need for modern plate carriers and knee guard inserted crye like pants. Leaving the steroids, what's stopping us from mass adopting some of the useful kit here ? Why are Para still strutting around with those awful load bearing vests and M1974 or patka helmets ? I've yet to see PARA use suppressors even.

abingdonboy

Country flag
They shouldnt post such things and damage their credibility.I am shocked how it hasnt been edited.
The chicks couldn’t even properly manage the recoil of a Glock

it’s abundantly clear they are around purely to tick a box and aren’t even integrated into frontline NSG units but at the same time it’s pretty unprofessional of the NSG to not even train them to a decent standard. It shows how unserious they are about having female ‘commandos’, expect the same of the PARA SF, Garud and MARCOs female ‘operators’.

A complete waste of everyone’s time and money

abingdonboy

Country flag
False Bravado.

Very common in fighter pilots and SF operators particularly in Asian countries.(south asian)

Flown with UK Navy pilots and had a drink with Marines but never found them to be so cocky like our officers.

No experience with Americans.
the difference between larpers and pros

For all the noise you hear about ‘battle hardened’, the Indian military is incredibly peacetime accustomed. COIN/CT are not the kind of combat militaries are meant to do and it’s a responsibility that long since should’ve been handed off to CAPFs/state police

in the last 30 years US/U.K./NATO have launched 3 large scale conventional assaults (gulf war, Bosnia, 2003 Iraq) and 1 semi conventional (Afghanistan) on top of their interventions in Mali,Syria, Nigeria etc

Western militaries are far more high tempo and training to fight than the Indian military despite the China/Pak threat that india faces which is pretty insane. Just looking at some of the exercises that the Indian military conducts (especially the IA) I really hope for peace in the region.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Thats sad thing.. lets take this topic elsewhere. India's enemies are using and shall be using .5 front within to the hilt before opening any hostilities. The subfurtage done 80 years back shall now become hot potato in the plate. Any way its all OT
Off topic yes but last point- I was listening to a podcast discussing the rise of CAPFs/internal security dynamics of India in the last 3 decades and a stat that stood out to me as I’d not really known the historical trends- in much of the 20th century the CAPF:Indian military ratio was in the range of 1:10-1:6, today it is not far off 1:1.5 and the gap is only going to shrink as CAPFs are actively still expanding and the armed forces leaned out.

yes a LOT of this is because of state govt failures on LE roles but such capacity building within MHA means roles that MoD has had to occupy for much of the last 75 years are bound to be handed off and there’s plenty of evidence for this within the last 3-5 years.

I doubt that 5-10 years from now you’ll have much Indian a military deployments for internal security other than RR and AR or even non combat Ops like area domination/engineering support/disaster relief; the fastest growing units in MHA are RAF and NDRF in terms of % change in size. Both are growing >25% within the next few years.

Now if the Indian military can successfully re-orient into an external centric fighting force is a completely separate matter

Jedi Operator

Country flag
India really needs a proper marine infantry force
And that issue has been raised multiple times even during the Naresh Chandra Committee .
Their was to be an Integrated Commando Command, under CDS. That is where this Marine Brigade would come under, and based at Port Blair. MARCOs, being the Navy's elite SF force being used for these kind of activities doesn't make sense. Again, mandate. That's the question to be raised.

abingdonboy

Country flag
And that issue has been raised multiple times even during the Naresh Chandra Committee .
Their was to be an Integrated Commando Command, under CDS. That is where this Marine Brigade would come under, and based at Port Blair. MARCOs, being the Navy's elite SF force being used for these kind of activities doesn't make sense. Again, mandate. That's the question to be raised.
The lack of seriousness displayed by the civilian and military leadership alike is genuinely disturbing at times. These clowns keep floating the idea of spending billions on LHD/LPD but without the necessary assets (infantry, combined arms, aviation etc) to go with them. Easier to be seen to do things (ribbon cutting/keel laying ceremonies) than do the ‘unsexy’ stuff

as described above the kind of detachments that supposed ‘SF’ are being used for are what any other capable military/navy uses their marine infantry for.

of confide when you see MARCOs training with Royal Marines you know how messed up Indian ORBAT is, as usual.

Articles