Indian Special Forces

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Eggcellent camo.
But Why kneepad awkwardly placed

View attachment 81071
That's the issue with old knee pads & elbow pads. They keep changing position while running.
25994801_2073655412858029_3049333909878416584_n.jpg

That's why some soldiers prefer only one they are comfortable with, because another one irritates if the position is changed.
1355475.jpg

Notice 3rd guy from left
Some soldiers just keep it down once op is over
IMG_uddxvt.jpg

New integrated pads don't offer as much protection as these but they are surely more comfortable.
But again there are some soldiers who prefer nothing even if they have both options available.

12arya

Country flag
I don't know where else to ask and this might come off as a silly question.

Can't we use our SF personnel (ideally) to counter the psy ops and riots organized on daily basis? If we have the Intel, shouldn't we use our SF to remove these individuals causing the threats to the nation? Or is this too violent for a democracy?

Apparently china uses its SF to create division among groups fighting for HK democracy or those who speak out against ccp. Pakis also do the same in Kashmir and now in KL, Bengal etc.

If we do not want to deploy our SF abroad, at least we can use them to protect our own lands, right?

Spindrift

I don't know where else to ask and this might come off as a silly question.

Can't we use our SF personnel (ideally) to counter the psy ops and riots organized on daily basis? If we have the Intel, shouldn't we use our SF to remove these individuals causing the threats to the nation? Or is this too violent for a democracy?

Apparently china uses its SF to create division among groups fighting for HK democracy or those who speak out against ccp. Pakis also do the same in Kashmir and now in KL, Bengal etc.

If we do not want to deploy our SF abroad, at least we can use them to protect our own lands, right?
We do that...

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
We do that...
In the North-East?????
Or Valley

I don't think we do that in core areas
The MSS does that extensively in HK
And the recent musings in Russia
Edit: Americans shaping public opinion during cold war
I donno exactly whether Indians do that, there maybe intelligence gathering (the recent khalistani stuff) but honestly I donno

Spindrift

In the North-East?????
Or Valley

I don't think we do that in core areas
The MSS does that extensively in HK
And the recent musings in Russia
Edit: Americans shaping public opinion during cold war
I donno exactly whether Indians do that, there maybe intelligence gathering (the recent khalistani stuff) but honestly I donno
Immediate neighborhood especially to the west if you know what I mean, not sure about China tho.

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag
Immediate neighborhood especially to the west if you know what I mean, not sure about China tho.
That I know
I believe @12arya meant something else
Like shaping opinion and creating divides within internal enemies

12arya

Country flag
I meant can't we do that in Delhi or Bangalore or in Kerala or Bengal; why do we need to wait till a state goes completely rogue like Kashmir did in the '90s? I mean why r are we having riots in Delhi almost every month? why do we have to tolerate scums like tikayat? why didn't we use our SF expertise during the Delhi riots? How many lives cud have been saved?

That I know
I believe @12arya meant something else
Like shaping opinion and creating divides within internal enemies
ya exactly.

Why do we have to limit these ops to borders when we have internal enemies everywhere! Look at my state Kerala; can go, rogue, if not for RSS and a few good cops! why can't we employ SF personnel in these states for intel gathering and if needed take action?

My question is, is this kind of SF deployment possible?

Tactical Doge

Country flag

Spindrift

I meant can't we do that in Delhi or Bangalore or in Kerala or Bengal; why do we need to wait till a state goes completely rogue like Kashmir did in the '90s? I mean why r are we having riots in Delhi almost every month? why do we have to tolerate scums like tikayat? why didn't we use our SF expertise during the Delhi riots? How many lives cud have been saved?
You mean, the government uses members of the SF as agent provocateur to derail a protest, etc...?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles