Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag
The ultimate irony is the fan girls that spread a joint ex with Western units so proudly will be the same ones that say Indian units are the best in the world and Western units can’t compete.
yaar inferiority complex basically. I bet "if" we have that DEVGRU level equipment. No pun intended, that's why I stress on the "if". These fan girls are the ones who are going to upload the most photos.....all their secret stash and "thok denge...we have to kill terrorists only....Kukri se hi mar denge" kinda shit will evaporate.

abingdonboy

Country flag
yaar inferiority complex basically. I bet "if" we have that DEVGRU level equipment. No pun intended, that's why I stress on the "if". These fan girls are the ones who are going to upload the most photos.....all their secret stash and "thok denge...we have to kill terrorists only....Kukri se hi mar denge" kinda shit will evaporate.
Lol 100%. IF there was all this secret top notch gear they keep saying definitely exists they’d be showing it off for the gram nonstop. Remember when they got bump helmets and they were posing around with them nonstop (there’s even that video of the super elite genius para putting a pistol to his head as a pose)

Dom the Dumb

Country flag
Lol 100%. IF there was all this secret top notch gear they keep saying definitely exists they’d be showing it off for the gram nonstop. Remember when they got bump helmets and they were posing around with them nonstop (there’s even that video of the super elite genius para putting a pistol to his head as a pose)
Idk why people keep buying this "secret stash" theory. Even the SF veterans interviewed by people like Cdr Bijay Nair and on Military Mantra are very clear about their level of equipment. Many even talk about their equipment failing at critical times. Like for example (here) when Major Deepak Iyer talks about his vest and BPJ falling apart due to bad stitching in the middle of a firefight

abingdonboy

Country flag
Idk why people keep buying this "secret stash" theory. Even the SF veterans interviewed by people like Cdr Bijay Nair and on Military Mantra are very clear about their level of equipment. Many even talk about their equipment failing at critical times. Like for example (here) when Major Deepak Iyer talks about his vest and BPJ falling apart due to bad stitching in the middle of a firefight
I’m mostly referencing fanboys who lurk around and try to use this defence to justify the pathetic equipment levels of Indian units, many of them should know better (some of them are defence brats )

Dom the Dumb

Country flag
I’m mostly referencing fanboys who lurk around and try to use this defence to justify the pathetic equipment levels of Indian units, many of them should know better (some of them are defence brats )
Lmao. I mean it's a poor show from them, honestly. And the Indian Army's focus hasn't been on infantry modernisation for a long time (which is why units have to buy their own sights and attachments) and these fanboys should just accept that the IA has different priorities rn

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
That is mostly to do with their psycho socio economic status and upbringing.

A kind of gentleman who has no insecurities and can go on to clear any interview round in any place would also agree that best equipments need to be procured and we are not the best.

People "ratto" the book and fail to join the Armed forces or IPS and then blame the system.. These are them.

Unreasonable thinking and narrow mindedness.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Yaare vesse read that book - The Shooting Gallery by Gaz Hunter
important quotes:

"Brown was an example of a tiny minority in the SAS, the dinosaurs, who couldn’t change to suit the new demands of the job. He had been promoted under the system of dead men’s shoes, as a function of time served, instead of on merit. But in the 1980s, like the rest of the British Army, the SAS had to change."

"In the early days of the SAS, Middle East HQ sometimes tended to regard us as a baby Commando capable of “teasing” the enemy deep behind the lines during the quieter periods but available, in the circumstances of a major defensive or offensive confrontation, to undertake essentially tactical tasks immediately behind or on the flank of an aroused enemy. It took some further successful raids like Mirbat 1971 and the Embassy Siege to persuade HQ to acknowledge that our role should remain an exclusively strategic one."

"In my time, I had been part of a new wave that had stopped the Regiment promoting people into dead men’s shoes. With others, I had tried to drive the SAS on to still greater professionalism, and encouraged it to embrace the new technology. It had changed from a low-tech, rather inward-looking, insular unit to something very much the opposite of that. It is impossible to spend the best part of twenty years in a unit as small as the SAS and not feel that you’ve had some positive influence on that process, especially if you’ve risen to senior rank.
"

The Point here is this....if the UK & US SF could be this why couldn't we? I bet you this, if you read history of US Spec Ops you'll see we were at par with them in very early 1980s in terms of counter terrorism. They were just starting with CT. And so were we. 80s were the time, SF around the world were constantly adapting to change. We are the perpetrators of the fact that our SF remained static and not dynamic to change.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles