Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
can any one identify the helmets worn by marcos and sagar prahari dal guys?what about the protection offered by these helmets?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
can any one identify the helmets worn by marcos and sagar prahari dal guys?what about the protection offered by these helmets?
1st one is scooter helmets easily available at CSD..

Does navy have CSD ?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
1st one is scooter helmets easily available at CSD..

Does navy have CSD ?
whats the point on wearing scooter helmets? as far i know they can protect you from falling..but i never heard of anyone dying of head injuries caused by falling into water:)they could have gone for PAST helmets worn by marines

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
whats the point on wearing scooter helmets? as far i know they can protect you from falling..but i never heard of anyone dying of head injuries caused by falling into water:)they could have gone for PAST helmets worn by marines

Helmet is part of the Uniform, And In Navy no ones like Tin buckets for more then a hour on head specially on duty, So as their is rule head gear is important but not so Important..

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
What is a "sagar prahari bal"? Is it Indian naval infantry? or are they the new Indian marine force?

Edit: Just found out that they are the security in charge of naval installations.

What's happening with India's Marine force buildup?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
What is a "sagar prahari bal"? Is it Indian naval infantry? or are they the new Indian marine force?

Edit: Just found out that they are the security in charge of naval installations.

What's happening with India's Marine force buildup?
The Sagar prahari bal is the wing of the Indian Navy which is entrusted with the responsibility of patrolling India's shallow waters. The force consists of 2,000 personnel and is equipped with 80 patrol boats. The force was constituted after the Mumbai terror attacks and the main duty of the force is to guard against such terrorist attacks by patrolling the coastline and also to conduct search and rescue operations. The soldiers are trained at INS Shivaji.
The SPB maintains security at all major and minor ports in India and carries out round the clock patrolling and is also part of search and rescue operations in times of emergency.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
the guys in the 2end pic are police commandos if I am not wrong
I am too not sure of the identity.I assumed that they are marcos of some reasons.
1)the brown mags of their kalashnikovs which is not common among any other forces in india except Marcos
2)the helmet
3)also i dont know about any police commandos involved except some guys from special cell or ATS.this commando doesn't belong tp ATS.ATS guys were seen plain clothes and bullet proof vest over it during the action.
RAF guys were wearing blue camo so we couldn't assume he belongs to RAF either.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Some Pics are of Ships own sailors on guard duty, Every Ship don't carry Marcos..

bhramos

Country flag
NSG Women???

Are there women in NSG???

at 0.57-1.01 sec we can see the Women NSG in this video??

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
NSG women commandos show their skills during the silver jubilee Raising Day function at Manesar in Haryana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles