Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
SF should be treated as SF not guys used for killing banged terrorists.for many SF like the british SAS there even periods of time when they were gonna be scrapped.but the moment for them was the iranian embassy siege .it was televised and unknown commandos become poster boys.they got all the equipment they need.but unfortunately for our case even after surgical strikes and the media attention para SF has not gotten the equipment that they deserve

Killbot

Country flag
Not to mention the serious injurious they would have certainly received after falling into that ravine. The only thing that still puzzles me is how in the hell did the entire squad fell into that ditch. I mean, one or two guys falling, that I can understand but the entire squad??!!
Two of them broke their spine after the fall but still shot the terrorists.

Marliii

Country flag
Para sf training and thier indoctrination can be seen in the jaffna university helidrop mission.it was an ambush and the supporting sikh regiment was wiped out.but paras were still able to get out without taking massive casualties and that in enemy held city

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Two of them broke their spine after the fall but still shot the terrorists.
As I said before, words simply can not do justice to the raw courage, the sheer toughness, and the tenacity of the Indian rifleman. Each of those lads was 10 times the man I can even dream to be in my wildest of dreams. It's just that I feel, we as a nation, have failed them big time and that's what pisses me off the most.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Para sf training and thier indoctrination can be seen in the jaffna university helidrop mission.it was an ambush and the supporting sikh regiment was wiped out.but paras were still able to get out without taking massive casualties and that in enemy held city
The Sikh LI platoon was wiped out due to the sheer incompetence and stupidity of their Captain, no two ways to say it.

Killbot

Country flag
The Sikh LI platoon was wiped out due to the sheer incompetence and stupidity of their Captain, no two ways to say it.
And the lack of well trained chopper pilots.. The guys didn't know how to land in a hot LZ. So only two pilots landed, due to raw courage. And the 29 Sikh LI men died while they were unloading ammo in crates from the chopper. They weren't carrying ammo on chest rigs. And no reinforcements came due to poor communication between the Mi-8 pilots. But the 60 Para guys cleared nearby buildings (2 or 3) and tried to launch a counter attack from there. But there were over two hundred LTTE terrorists who were well entrenched, well fed and well trained. Only so much the Paras could do on their own. So they retreated.

Out of the 360 Sikh LI guys supposed to land, only 30 landed and 29 were KIA.

Marliii

Country flag
It was a blotched op from the start.the tigers knew the raid was coming and the paras and the sikhs fell into the ambush.they were held by intense firefight and the sikhs were wiped out.the paras survived and were rescued by indian t72 who used railway tracks to escape from ieds.

12arya

Country flag
I think commanders in Kashmir think of SF as an easy way to kill jihadis; not only that these commanders seem to dictate the way in which SF will operate as well. If u call SF to the op then let them do their own thing, y try to dictate their ways? Regarding op blue star, gen. katoch was saying how they were forced to enter thru gates when it was unheard in SF; also they were forbidden to use grenades and were not supposed to shoot at the temple structure and all. Ultimately the army used tanks on them! Will things wud have been different if they had allowed SF to go at it their own way, maybe they wud have accomplished the mission.
1607581529307.png

I remember the anger from the veterans of 9 when capt. tushar mahajan was KIA in pampore. As per one 9 SF veteran's opinion, I came across on fb, considered his death shameful and a waste of life! Of course, Gen. Katoch was vocal abt in the press and he said "wasting our precious boys". None of them considered the deaths of capt. tushar and capt. pawan as worth it considering not much was attained from that op.

That older generation SF guys have extremely high standards and I feel they say it out of pain and frustration of losing young guys. Many veterans have said when trouble starts army higher-ups just throw soldiers at it and don't care abt casualty.

Initially, when I joined the DFI I found this thread to be a bit unfair to our army but now that I have read a bit on ur SF I feel many members here r very right in their criticisms. Besides, none of them is questioning our SF soldiers courage or their will but the lack of weapons and latest tech that they need which will only help them! I have seen the same "critics" defend the very same SF and army quite violently here when paki trolls come on this thread. So it's unfair to call these members "unpatriotic" and all!

Army also has the habit of blocking the promotions of guys who have done it all(may b inferiority complex, don't know) and promote dudes who got no sympathy whatsoever for the fighting fauj. Without criticism, these higher-up guys r not gonna mend their ways. They have proposed some new things hopefully it will bring in some change.

Last edited:

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
what exactly happened in jaffna university and what was the op about?
What happened was that the Indian Army had been tipped off about Prabhakaran, along with a whole bunch of his top personnel being present in the Jaffna University Campus, the veracity of which remains questionable till this day as nobody can confirm whether they were indeed present there in that day.

Anyhow, the Army generals did not want this perceived grand opportunity to slip them by, so they hastily drew up an operational plan where the Para SF personnel would be heli dropped in the vicinity and go after the HVTs while Company of the Sikh LI would secure the LZ.

As it turned out, the LTTE had managed to break into our com grid and they were fully aware of the coming Indian assault and had turned the whole damn place into a big slaughterhouse, virtually every window of every building was bristling with HMGs and GPMGs.

Now, as the troops landed, they immediately came under sustained and accurate fire from the well-hidden LTTE guerrillas and the SOF personnel retreated and took refuge in two nearby buildings and asked the Sikh LI captain to follow suit but he instead, chose to stand his ground and wait for the rest of the company to arrive, and even when he was told that any further reinforcements wouldn't be forthcoming, he still refused to leave his completely exposed position and as a result, the entire platoon got wiped out except for one, which in my opinion, was pure unadulterated insanity to even put it gently.

Last edited:

12arya

Country flag
The objective was to kill Velupillai Prabhakaran. But it failed.

I am reading bt the op from Gen. Katoch's first book and yes he too calls it a failure.
This is from his second book which i am yet to buy due to lack of funds as of now!

1607581340922.png

He does write abt the rescue mission and boy, Maj Gen. Dalvir Singh comes off as such a kick-ass. What a man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles