Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
View attachment 66667

Is that a fixed blade knife? These guys are the most westernized unit I've seen in India.. In fact, they look exactly like a NATO SOF unit from 10-15 years ago (discounting US ofc) with a few more modern inputs. Like chem lights for demarcation of cleared rooms for one.

Also, that pistol appears to have no magazine in it...

@Gessler
They looked more serious and professionally capable than any Indian military SF I’ve seen so far, like you said the chem lights and double taped mags show that these guys were more prepared for an actual operation than almost any other PARA SF unit I’ve ever seen deployed to JK who just run around with a Tavor, Patka and maybe a spare mag in their pocket (if they don’t even have webbing/mag stores on their plate carrier)

A lot of speculation about who they are but my belief now is that they are part of the DA company of that SF battalion. Just like ghataks seem to get extra funds and equipment from infantry commanders, the DA guys in the SF btns seem to get more stuff and likely advanced training

Killbot

Country flag
They looked more serious and professionally capable than any Indian military SF I’ve seen so far, like you said the chem lights and double taped mags show that these guys were more prepared for an actual operation than almost any other PARA SF unit I’ve ever seen deployed to JK who just run around with a Tavor, Patka and maybe a spare mag in their pocket (if they don’t even have webbing/mag stores on their plate carrier)

A lot of speculation about who they are but my belief now is that they are part of the DA company of that SF battalion. Just like ghataks seem to get extra funds and equipment from infantry commanders, the DA guys in the SF btns seem to get more stuff and likely advanced training
Seems likely. But where did they learn that these things were useful? I mean, these guys just appeared overnight. And the NATO influence was really apparent. Things have been the same in Para SF for a long time. Like 10-15 years without any considerable equipment or tactics changes. What prompted such a sudden change now? And there were quite a few of them. 40 or so. These guys had equipment that warranted change in tactics. (AR 15 style rifle on a large scale, chem lights, knife, double mags, PEQ-2s which might indicate better NOD btw, etc.) Where did they get the notion/idea?

And on a side note, whatever equipment they had has been part of the Para SF inventory for a few years at least. They simply seemed to have the right toys in the right place. These guys are definitely Army SF.

Also, they seemed a little different from NSG, so I doubt that they have anything to do with.

Edit: The guys with the M4s don't appear to have chicken wings either. The guys in the photo posted after do. These guys appear different from the rest of Para SF in that regard as well. Though many infantry infantry units are correcting their chicken wing shooting stances off late..

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
Seems likely. But where did they learn that these things were useful? I mean, these guys just appeared overnight. And the NATO influence was really apparent. Things have been the same in Para SF for a long time. Like 10-15 years without any considerable equipment or tactics changes. What prompted such a sudden change now? And there were quite a few of them. 40 or so. These guys had equipment that warranted change in tactics. (AR 15 style rifle on a large scale, chem lights, knife, double mags, PEQ-2s which might indicate better NOD btw, etc.) Where did they get the notion/idea?

And on a side note, whatever equipment they had has been part of the Para SF inventory for a few years at least. They simply seemed to have the right toys in the right place. These guys are definitely Army SF.

Also, they seemed a little different from NSG, so I doubt that they have anything to do with.

Edit: The guys with the M4s don't appear to have chicken wings either. The guys in the photo posted after do. These guys appear different from the rest of Para SF in that regard as well. Though many infantry infantry units are correcting their chicken wing shooting stances off late..
Could be as simple as the right commander came in at the right time and instituted these changes for his btn/company

maybe he had been on SG/NSG deputation before? (Quite a few of the stuff here has been seen in the NSG previously)

Killbot

Country flag
Could be as simple as the right commander came in at the right time and instituted these changes for his btn/company

maybe he had been on SG/NSG deputation before? (Quite a few of the stuff here has been seen in the NSG previously)
Very likely..

12arya

Country flag
the panel is chaired by lt gen Lidder, consist of SAS, ISRAEL, FRENCH & GERMAN SF experts.

old but gold!

the Q&A session begins @20:31 onwards and continues into next video.

Last edited:

ManhattanProject

Country flag

they were using dump pouches too and had the beretta px4 as the standard sidearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles