Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waanar

Country flag
The challenge with eyewear while under NVGs has always been that the user has to compromise their safety or visibility.
Now Ops-Core has developed something called SNAP SHIELDs which will help to provide both safety & visibility without any compromises.

View attachment 49755
Now this is actually venturing into tacticool zone. A regular infantryman is overloaded as it is, paratroopers and more elite units even more so with SOFs pushing it well beyond 30 KG at times. They don't need more weight on the head. There has to be another workaround which doesn't require adding even more weight.

aditya g

Country flag
This is an important article, though thanks to the narration i cannot make head or tail. I am also missing the role of PTS Agra in the whole training regimen.

An important point i picked up was the shifting of SFTS from Nahan to Bakloh. The only time that place came up for an exercise with Mangolian army.

I am hoping that the SFR will be re-raised and perhaps one of these will become their regimental centre, though there was also talk of land being acquired in Chattisgarh.

Not sure if this has been posted before.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
This is an important article, though thanks to the narration i cannot make head or tail. I am also missing the role of PTS Agra in the whole training regimen.

An important point i picked up was the shifting of SFTS from Nahan to Bakloh. The only time that place came up for an exercise with Mangolian army.

I am hoping that the SFR will be re-raised and perhaps one of these will become their regimental centre, though there was also talk of land being acquired in Chattisgarh.
I do not think Buckloh has any land for such a move/ It as it is small congested Cantonment (not a military station) having 14GTC and intermingled with civilians.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I do not think Buckloh has any land for such a move/ unless of course, tired officers want to have a few Chhota is Kasauli club in the evenings ...
It as it is small congested Cantonment (not a military station) having 14GTC and intermingled with civilians.
And yes beside Magnolia, it is Kazaks, Tajiks and Afghan also..

Underground Soldier

Country flag
The person in the picture was worried and trying to contain it although it is very late. I really appreciate you guys cooperated. I believe everyone here know him and also what is at stake for him. Thank you, Jai hind 🇮🇳
Really sorry for that man! We can never put anything That can jeopardize the safety of our SFs. Once again I am sorry for that and say my regards to him!!!

aditya g

Country flag
3rd operator - is he wearing civil cargos? I have noticed these elsewhere as well.

1591893943312.png

1591893718122.png

I don't know the main reasons for delay for the procurement of these, but I will say that by now our SF must be ready to be equipped with these.
We even saw that how Para SF boys have acquired exfil helmets with nvg mounts on them.

Oh and another noob question--
How costly is a communication headset
Which are used in high cut helmets???

operatorgrumby

Country flag
3rd operator - is he wearing civil cargos? I have noticed these elsewhere as well.

View attachment 49857
View attachment 49856
Most of the times SF Operators usually don't sport the official army camo. In War zone while opearting they sometimes done their own bought Tactical pants & shirts. This is done by every SOF all over the world so nothing new at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles