Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuzzleVelocity

I know this isn't related to the topic. But you guys have some extraordinary knowledge about the Special Forces.
Really impressed.
Carry on.

Brahmaputra Mail 2

Country flag
1st, 4th And 9th operate year round in Kashmir and 21 in the NE the rest of the PARA SF btns send teams in and out of these areas to
Build up their experience and expose them to combat so at any one time there could
Be operators from 4-5 different btns operating in Kashmir.
Even 12th (Dirty Dozens) is designated solely for NE. But SF men are sent for UN missions too. Men from 21 were supposed to be deployed in Africa before the ambush happened on Dogra convoy in Chandel, Manipur.

Brahmaputra Mail 2

Country flag
It seems ops by Major Rohit Lingwal & Captain Abhay Sharma might have been a small tactical Raid across the LOC
Untitled.jpg

The grey areas are required to be dominated as they are prone to BAT attacks, who always have the element of surprise. The SF team spotted them and therefore launched an ambush.

mayfair

Just a nitpick, please don't mark that area n green as Pakistan. It is Pak occupied Jammu and Kashmir.

mohitbhagat

Country flag
All this will go out of the door if a govt change happens. It wiil be usual roti kapda makan politics if current govt is voted out of power..
Don't worry these things are generally bought out of commanders fund and with it being increased to INR 500CR we'll get it anyhow

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Interesting that all three are using a one point sling. First time I have seen any operators use such a setup
One point sling? Boat engine/ motor?

Never mind I got it. Its about gun belt which they hang gun around their neck.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Interesting that all three are using a one point sling. First time I have seen any operators use such a setup
Saw atleast one such pic of a Para with Ak earlier in this thread.
Anyway side rails sucks.

binayak95

Country flag
Saw atleast one such pic of a Para with Ak earlier in this thread.
Anyway side rails sucks.
Actually, side rails are the one sure method of ensuring repeatable zero on AK pattern rifles - given the need to remove the top cover for disassembly.

Several Russian and FAB made side rails are damn good in fact - except the user is limited to fixing the optics at a particular position and doesn't have the flexibility that Picatinny rails provide.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Actually, side rails are the one sure method of ensuring repeatable zero on AK pattern rifles - given the need to remove the top cover for disassembly.

Several Russian and FAB made side rails are damn good in fact - except the user is limited to fixing the optics at a particular position and doesn't have the flexibility that Picatinny rails provide.
Sorry what i meant was side rails on side folding Ak100 series stocks sucks as the stocks wont lock when scope is mounted. It limits the use of weapon in closed spaces and vehicles and also in airborne role. Otherwise its better than those after market receiver mounted rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles