Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

12arya

Country flag
Do you heard Mohit Suri voice in History TV

It look like a lion roaring
I don't think it was Rohit Suri's but his CO, Col. Sandhu's voice was the barritone. becoz the same voice is in that discovery docu "paratroopers: earning the badge" where the Commanding Officer explains what the balidaan badge is. the CO's build in both docus, stout and huge, is also the same, if u observe.
Col.Sandhu seems to be a very intimidating dude.

the other CO, Col. Yadav seems like an approachable man.....by luks thats is!!! he's got that guy next door luk. but then again, u don't become the CO of 9 PARA SF being a softie right? but he too got that evil stare.

suri's voice was the bit more boyish one, i feel and yes it was all intentionally distorted.
:biggrin2:suri in my opinion, luks more like a college geek than even a college prof or an SF Operator!!! the spectacles screams geek to me:smile: but ya an extremely dangerous college geek:hail:

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
I don't think it was Rohit Suri's but his CO, Col. Sandhu's voice was the barritone. becoz the same voice is in that discovery docu "paratroopers: earning the badge" where the Commanding Officer explains what the balidaan badge is. the CO's build in both docus, stout and huge, is also the same, if u observe.
Col.Sandhu seems to be a very intimidating dude.

the other CO, Col. Yadav seems like an approachable man.....by luks thats is!!! he's got that guy next door luk. but then again, u don't become the CO of 9 PARA SF being a softie right? but he too got that evil stare.

suri's voice was the bit more boyish one, i feel and yes it was all intentionally distorted.
:biggrin2:suri in my opinion, luks more like a college geek than even a college prof or an SF Operator!!! the spectacles screams geek to me:smile: but ya an extremely dangerous college geek:hail:
Suri was 2IC of 4th SF and if he is Sandhu then he was Suri CO from the shiv aroor book

They shared a best special bong bond as mentor and apperntice

Sandhu even has Nick name for Suri he mentioned that in his interview to shiv aroor

Of what shiv aroor mentioned his personality in his book he is nothing like softy which you can see from his looks

IndiaRising

Country flag
Suri was 2IC of 4th SF and if he is Sandhu then he was Suri CO from the shiv aroor book

Sandhu even has Nick name for Suri he mentioned that in his interview to shiv aroor

Of what shiv aroor mentioned his personality in his book he is nothing like softy which you can see from his looks
how can a major be 2IC? there has to be a Lt.colonel for that role.

12arya

Country flag

i too have read the book. very detailed interview.

im dead sure that sandhu was the CO of 4. and he and col.yadav was awarded YSM on 25th Jan, in a private ceremony, as per a news link i read. oh, and both r SM awardees and Col.Yadav won it for Kargil War:)

even rahul singh, the co. author, he too mentioned that sandhu & suri shared a special bond. and that suri said how he wud march even into hell, without a second thought, if Sandhu ordered! u cud get that elder/younger bro kind of feel the way they described each other. :biggrin2: sandhu always referring to suri as "chotte".

yes, suri is no softie obviously but his luk is very deceptive though. no disrespect at all when i called him geek luking. the man is devil himself obviously:devil:!!!!
suri was described in the book as salivating at the chance to lead the OP despite his CO, Sandhu giving him 2 options: ie, stay back at the command centre, plan and observe OR lead the OP. Suri did described how Sandhu was protective of him and gave him the first option to stay back and observe but suri being the true SF man chose to lead the OP.

how can a major be 2IC? there has to be a Lt.colonel for that role.
yup, suri indeed is referred to as the 2IC of 4 PARA. even i thought there shud b a lt.col in btw but yes, suri is confirmed as the 2IC of 4 PARA in all official docus. he was also to be transferred out right before the Surgery but he chose to stay.
apparently when suri joined SF, he fought alongside sandhu, then a Major & team commander to suri. suri a Lieutenant then was his troop commander! suri obviously is the right hand man to sandhu.....may b due to the special bond they have.

the curious part I read about suri in the book is that suri was so brilliant even as a probie that he finished his probation in 4 mnths and not the mandatory 6 mnths, and was given his first mission immediately!!!
is this possible or is it the writers messing up? can anyone in the know answer this?

Last edited:

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Configurations of FAB Defence Romanian AKs of PARA SF
L : PTK Angled Grip , UASAKP Buttstock with cheek Raiser , CompM4 Sight
R : AG44S Foregrip , GLR16CP Buttstock with Adjustable Cheek Rest , EOTech Sight
Common : AG47 Pistol Grip , Quad Rail Handguard & Picatinny Dust Cover
DfdMis8U8AAMdQg.jpg

itsme

Country flag
R : AG44S Foregrip , GLR16CP Buttstock with Adjustable Cheek Rest , EOTech Sight
View attachment 25694
The fore grip on the right side AK seems to be attached a wrong way. Or is it a personal preference kinda thing?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Please stick to special forces topic and refrain from throwing abuses at each other.
Non-compliance may result in bans from now.

Subham Show

Country flag
View attachment 25694
the gun on right has its fore-grip installed in reverse.
is that done intentionally for any reason ?

rkhanna

Country flag
the gun on right has its fore-grip installed in reverse.
is that done intentionally for any reason ?
Lol good catch. Honestly dont know why this one is done BUT from my own experience i prefer smooth edge foregrips. The Ribbed ones play hell on your fingers due to recoil during constant firing. (even more so if you are not wearing combat gloves) - I prefer squeezing the grip towards myself while pulling the trigger and the Ribbed grips become uncomfortable.

so if i was the shooter above i would reverse it too.

PS I would assume the folding Foregrip is even more annoying - but what do i know - Weekend warrior that used to shoot at paper cutouts ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.