Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
BTW, why is it named Marcos? It sounds like a tribute to SEA's most notorious dictator, Ferdinand Marcos... :shocked:

Koovie

Every SF has a wide range of weapons in their arsenal and unlike regulars they wont stick to a particular weapon.To do in different scenarios they are having different types of weapons.And about Tavors there are just 500 of them with MARCOS so it wll be difficult to display in every exercise.Plus AK103 and AKMs are the main weapon of choice of MARCOS just like all other marine commandos because of the trustworthy 7.62x39mm ammo used by it which unlike 5.56 amm wont cause struck due to water.Even the israeli marine SF is using AKs are the main weapon of choice.
I agree that the Aks are still deadly, but this gear is unacceptable, or do you want to tell me that these masks are meant for diving?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I agree that the Aks are still deadly, but this gear is unacceptable, or do you want to tell me that these masks are meant for diving?
no definitely not they are not diving masks...instead of that we want something like the ones used by SEALs..may be marcos may be having this :

SPIEZ

Country flag
no definitely not they are not diving masks...instead of that we want something like the ones used by SEALs..may be marcos may be having this :
Why M-4 s I thought the AK's were much more reliable. Don't want the gun to jam after it comes out of water!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Why M-4 s I thought the AK's were much more reliable. Don't want the gun to jam after it comes out of water!
spiez this is not MARCOS these men are seals..i just put a pic to menton about the type of masks we need.US seals use AKMs too..if you check mp.net u could see many SEALs with AKs.

plugwater

Quote:
Indian naval commandos take part in a rescue demonstration during a rehearsal for forthcoming Navy Day celebrations in front of The Gateway of India in Mumbai on December 2, 2010. The Indian Navy will celebrate December 4, as Navy Day which is a tribute to the maritime operations of the Indian Navy during the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war. AFP PHOTO/Punit PARANJPE (Photo credit should read PUNIT PARANJPE/AFP/Getty Images)

Quote:
An Indian naval commando rappels down a rope during a rescue demonstration in a rehearsal for the upcoming Navy Day celebrations in front of The Gateway of India in Mumbai on December 2, 2010. Indian Navy will celebrate December 4 as Navy Day which is a tribute to the maritime operations of the Indian Navy during the 1971 Indo-Pakistan war. AFP PHOTO/ Punit PARANJPE (Photo credit should read PUNIT PARANJPE/AFP/Getty Images)

Koovie

would have been quite stupid to have naval commandos without diving masks :)
anway I know that our MARCOS have been upgradet extensively but its like a setback to see masks which look like oversized wintercaps with two big wholes in it.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
would have been quite stupid to have naval commandos without diving masks :)
anway I know that our MARCOS have been upgradet extensively but its like a setback to see masks which look like oversized wintercaps with two big wholes in it.
tojo be cool..no SF will reveal their arsenal untill right time comes...our guys are just great as US seals are..trust them..dont judge them by their dressing...even the most dangerous israeli SF are dressed like simple civilians.so be patient..when the right time arrie we marcos will show the actual colour

Koovie

yeah you are right, but I am from Kerala and I havent seen anything better than police with ww2 rifles and security guards guarsing banks with wild west shotguns....

by the way are these guys also marcos?? they look awesome :)

http://twitpic.com/4np8so

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
In Blackhawk Down a Delta Force guy threw a grenade into third story window of a building from about two blocks away. Can MARCOS do that? :)

SPIEZ

Country flag
In Blackhawk Down a Delta Force guy threw a grenade into third story window of a building from about two blocks away. Can MARCOS do that? :)
He should probably try out for Olympics!

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
No way - the MARCOS can throw grenades through a third story window from 50 meters maybe - for any further distance we use the shoe-slings - which explains the name "MARCOS" - indeed in honor of Imelda Marcos and her 3000 pair of shoes.

:rofl:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Can delta force guys do 40:40 thrice a week (means 40km with 40 kg weight), India para Commandos do it ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles