Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I never knew Para Commandoss used M-4! Ain't they Tavor-only force? As long as they get armed to teeth and with good protection equipment for their safety, I don't mind. :)

The end part of the show was very emotional. We people sitting in the comforts of our house should always remember that this is not something we should take for granted. It is because of these men in uniform that we are sleeping safe and calmly. They spend endless nights vigilant, putting their lives on line with a typical government salary, the only incentive to fight being able to return to their loved ones who always have their hearts braced up for the terrible news.

This is not just for fellow Indians whose family members are in military but all of us; we all need to feel the pain they do. You know what makes Israel such a successful nation? They feel each others' pain like no other. Each soldier they lose causes fire in the blood and bodies of the rest of countrymen. Someone dies while others take it as their own loved ones have been killed. That empathy for fellow countrymen is what makes them so strong and so united. We lack that. But it doesn't mean we cannot develop it. We all can. Since we are all in this forum discussing about our folks in uniform, we must take a conscious effort in spreading the empathy for jawans among common people. We all can make a difference. Let us work towards it whenever we are free.

The part also reminded me of this all-time favorite military song:

The song always moistens my eyes and brings a smile on my face. I am sure many fellow Indians feel the same way. :india:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sikh_warrior

Professional
why NDTV has to send a dumb woman anchor, Natasha, along with RK?

she was so out of line with all the army stuff happening around!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Anyone notice the M-4's being used by the Para's ? We all knew about the Tavors
M4s are the latest entrant into the SF arsenal..But army could have imported comparatively better sig553s or hk416 or reliable ak101s if they want a conventional design rifle or could have modified existing VZs or akms with all those railings and optics and collapible butts.
21st PARA SF WITH M4

Koovie

I think its because M4 and Tavor use the same mags, thats why IA has chosen the M4 instead of the sig and ak, but Hk also uses the same mag as far as i know

Param

why NDTV has to send a dumb woman anchor, Natasha, along with RK?

she was so out of line with all the army stuff happening around!
Yeah, Nidhi Razdan would have been better.:D

I watch ndtv only for her.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Omar is divorcing his sikh wife; the settlement amount is around 100 crores.

Omar wants to tie the knot with nidhi razdan, a fellow kashmiri. Farooq, however, wants him to marry some kashmiri politician's daughter.

sandeepdg

What you guys never knew the Paras use the M4 ? Its nothing new, they were brought from the US under FMS. But the Tavors are far more modern and better rifles than the M4, even the Isreali Army is replacing their M4/M16s with Tavors.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
The above pics are from livefist blog and it is seen that the INSAS is being carried by the marcos under the water. Does this mean that the INSAS in operational under all conditions and also on all kinds of terrains. Anyone, please bring light into this feature of INSAS.

Koovie

what about Paras??? I ve seen pics in which they were using diving suits and videos where they were trained for combat diving

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
sorry image upload doesnt work....
anyway these pics are confusing after seeing MARCOS with the newest gear and Tavors, MP5s with Holo sights....ect

Just look at the images of the 3th post! http://defenceforumindia.com/milita...about-andaman-strategy-including-footage.html
Every SF has a wide range of weapons in their arsenal and unlike regulars they wont stick to a particular weapon.To do in different scenarios they are having different types of weapons.And about Tavors there are just 500 of them with MARCOS so it wll be difficult to display in every exercise.Plus AK103 and AKMs are the main weapon of choice of MARCOS just like all other marine commandos because of the trustworthy 7.62x39mm ammo used by it which unlike 5.56 amm wont cause struck due to water.Even the israeli marine SF is using AKs are the main weapon of choice.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
The above pics are from livefist blog and it is seen that the INSAS is being carried by the marcos under the water. Does this mean that the INSAS in operational under all conditions and also on all kinds of terrains. Anyone, please bring light into this feature of INSAS.
It is true that 5.56x45 mm ammo is not suitable for marine ops as m43 round is..But that doesn't mean that we couldn't use INSAS in under water ops or the type of ops the marcos are intented to do.If tavors and M4s could be used in marine ops then INSAS could be also used but it wont be as reliable as an AK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles