Indian response to a Pakistani nuclear strike

anupamsurey

Country flag
How do you safeguard something when you don't even know what you are safeguarding.

"Safeguarding the nation": Easy to say these words. People don't even know what a nation is. Do you know? A nation is defined by its people, not by geographical area. The nation can survive even if people migrate from one area to another.

The structure and organization of the army is a big topic and cannot be discussed in this thread. Please create another thread if you you want to discuss.

Giving orders is NOT leadership. Leadership comes by setting an example. A leader should be worth emulating.

Military victory is defined by land gained. There is no military victory if land is not gained.

There have been many good things since independence and many bad things. The good thing has been uplift of ignored and downtrodden sections of the society. It was needed urgently. The bad thing has been inability of society to leave its divisions behind.

The army has no vision. Army must be an instrument of nation building. The army must involve the society. The society can be powerful only when each citizen feel close to army. I don't see this in India.
so you mean to say Indian soldiers are guarding our borders without knowing what they are doing ?
you should read well, i did say that we are not expansionist, we have sole aim of self defense, and if you destroy enemy targets, or seize their territory in self defense ...will be counted as it is.
and i also said that both soldiers and officers are required but it is always the command which relays order.
and army does has a vision .....and it is SAFEGUARDING THIS COUNTRY.
IT IS NOT SOME GODDAM MOVIE, OR A NOVEL WHERE SOLDIERS GO AND DESTROY SOMETHING this is what real life...do you expect our forces to go and daily kill some paki soldiers, or destroy their bases.....no it is not like that
and about people army relationship- there are good relations, these relations are exhibited in good will gestures by army say some health camps, education camps, etc. it is not like we always want to have a chai samosa party with the army they do their work and we do ours.

Last edited:

sgarg

Mr AnupamSurey: You did not understand my point at all. I do not fault you.

I never advised to kill some Paki soldiers daily or to have chai-samosa party with civilians.

The nation is built from people, not from geographic area. Take the example of Jews who dispersed and lost their country for so many centuries, yet got their country back because their nation was alive even when in foreign land.

There is difference between land and nation (rashtra in Sanskrit).

The Vedic people used to live in Tibet and central Asia before they moved to Indian sub-continent. They moved their nation alongwith. The Vedic people left the land but that did not destroy their nation.

So defending "land border" and "defending nation" are two different things.

sgarg

When you are fighting Pakistan, you are fighting an ideology not a country. Most Indians do not realize that.

Fighting an ideology is far more difficult compared to fighting a country.

While Pakistan demeans Indians on an ideological basis, India has not been able to respond. This creates a serious problem for India as Pakistan has been able to leverage its civilian population which India has not been able to.

While this may not look like a problem in the short term, it will be quite serious in the long term unless the situation is rectified.

Compersion

Country flag
I was wondering if and why we do not send a delegation that comprise of successful Indian that are only Muslims to Pakistan. The people of Pakistan might like (and want more) that also and we can develop better understandings (both internally and externally).

Ashutosh Lokhande

I was wondering if and why we do not send a delegation that comprise of successful Indian that are only Muslims to Pakistan. The people of Pakistan might like (and want more) that also and we can develop better understandings (both internally and externally).
our head of ministry of external affairs is muslim. syed akbaruddin and he is a sunni i guess not sure.

BangersAndMash

I find it difficult to believe pakistan has well over 100 nuke warheads and are developing sub launched nuke missiles! They most likely only have a handful of sub-kiloton nuke warheads and have somehow managed to fool some people in to thinking otherwise!

It's a costly affair, how are they able to afford what they claim? If they do manage to show off a sub launched nuke missile, it will most likely be a bluff, even NASR or whatever it's called is most likely a bluff!

sgarg

You should read Pakistani propaganda. It is always "Hindu India" despite they know India has more Muslims compared to Pakistan.

They are fighting Hindu India. Maybe they consider Muslims in India as their friends. Who knows?

Anyway enjoy - Why go to war with India? - Blogs - DAWN.COM

sgarg

I find it difficult to believe pakistan has well over 100 nuke warheads and are developing sub launched nuke missiles! They most likely only have a handful of sub-kiloton nuke warheads and have somehow managed to fool some people in to thinking otherwise!

It's a costly affair, how are they able to afford what they claim? If they do manage to show off a sub launched nuke missile, it will most likely be a bluff, even NASR or whatever it's called is most likely a bluff!
I can assure you building a nuke is easier than building a missile once you have the fissile material. You are fooled by Western propaganda.

I fully believe Pakistan has several types of fission-type weapons. Only doubt is about thermonuclear devices.

BangersAndMash

I can assure you building a nuke is easier than building a missile once you have the fissile material. You are fooled by Western propaganda.

I fully believe Pakistan has several types of fission-type weapons. Only doubt is about thermonuclear devices.
If I was fooled by western propaganda, I would believe the scaremongering articles claiming pakistan is churning out hundreds of nukes... which I don't!

Country flag

Pakistani fissile material reserves are very low. Pakistanis use the centrifuge yellow cake method that
Take 3-5 years for a low yield warhead.

sgarg

Pakistani fissile material reserves are very low. Pakistanis use the centrifuge yellow cake method that
Take 3-5 years for a low yield warhead.
"As of the end of 2012, Pakistan had an accumulated stockpile estimated as about 0.15±0.05 tonnes of plutonium. It is currently producing about 12-24 kg of plutonium per year, enough for 2-6 plutonium weapons.

Pakistan also produces highly-enriched uranium for weapons corresponding to perhaps 10-15 warheads per year. As of the end of 2012, it had a stockpile estimated to be about 3±1.2 tonnes of HEU."

Pakistan - International Panel on Fissile Materials

Country flag
@sgarg

Do the math and look at the size of the warhead. I have not read any recent reports that
Show that Pakistan can make more than a 30kt warhead?

Last edited by a moderator:

sgarg

@sgarg

Do the math and look at the size of the warhead. I have not read any recent reports that
Show that Pakistan can make more than a 30kt warhead?
Yes I noticed that in the report. However 3 ton HEU is good enough for 150 warheads. Pakistan uses its Uranium for no other purpose than making warheads. That is not the case with India.

India enriches Uranium for submarine reactors etc. India's warheads are Plutonium.

"India will never reveal the real numbers. But third biggest stockpile and fast breeders all
On military side should give clues."

I have doubts. Manmohan Singh was an absolute dove who siphoned off funding from Nuke labs. 10 years is a very long time.

India has the "ability" to fabricate 400-500 warheads but that is if the political setup allows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Country flag
Yes I noticed that in the report. However 3 ton HEU is good enough for 150 warheads. Pakistan uses its Uranium for no other purpose than making warheads. That is not the case with India.

India enriches Uranium for submarine reactors etc. India's warheads are Plutonium.
I do not believe this number especially using centrifuge yellow cake route.

Uranium, yellow-cake, centrifuges & Atomic Bombs - Democratic Underground

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20120607-nuclear-weapons-in-ten-steps

josh67

Nuclear detection capabilities have to be clamped up with early warning systems and if a nuclear strike came then it would have to be met with atleast equal nuclear response... an nuclear strike would rule out MAD theory(mutually assured destruction )that avoided a war in cold war era and this nuclear exchange would create a state of panic among rival nuclear countries and could initite a nuclear fire in world...... but most probable the world would see it coming and would try to defuse the situation...

Kshatriya87

Country flag
We don't have to create it.

It will happen on its own and in your lifetime.

They are good at destroying everything that is there for them to enjoy.

Why do we have to nuke them?

You sure sir? In our lifetime? Will the Pakistani army let this happen? Wouldn't they just prefer to crush and kill the rebels?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles