Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

flanker99

Country flag
I am perfectly chill.
Now navy have to commit assets to counter these taking away their advantage of enforcing a proper naval blockade and the obvious added risk of hunting down these.
If u look at satelite images most of their ships spend their lifes sitting at a pier in karachi if hostilities breakout we can take care of them from our ground based missiles the real threat will be subs even 1 of them out at sea will be a big headache for IN

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
If u look at satelite images most of their ships spend their lifes sitting at a pier in karachi if hostilities breakout we can take care of them from our ground based missiles the real threat will be subs even 1 of them out at sea will be a big headache for IN
They will most probably do what their airforce does well in conflict "run to Iran"

Anandhu Krishna

When the 8 new chink subs come pakis are gonna decommision agosta class then they have some frigates that mostly would just stick to the cost lines and some Azmat class missile boats and ada corvets.most of these are replacing the old second hand ships they bought from US and UK
3 agostas will stay for at least 10 more yrs but still they will have 8 subs campaired to 5 today. Another thing as you mentioned, they used to buy old vessels. Everything that are coming in are new while their economy is in a freefall.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Lack of an industry doesnt prevent them from using 8 new subs and about 14 new surface vessels.
Surface vessels of Pakistan are easy to take care of. They don't have any long range AD. Look at their new Frigates. Their fire control radar has a first blind speed of around 1000m/s. The BrahMos at sea level is very slightly faster than that, which means that their SAM FCR won't be able to see the BrahMos, let alone intercept it. Add to it the fact that we are about to create a SCRAMJET powered cruise missile, the Pakis won't have any hope of seeing that missile forget intercepting it. They are sitting ducks. And then look at their offensive weaponry on those Frigates: subsonic short range cruise missiles. We out-range them and have world class Air Defences.
Their submarines will be a problem, but those are also not the quietest. My money is on the Kalvari class to have a higher availability rate and being quieter will easily shadow the Paki submarines and once located, SMART can easily sink those Paki subs. The first time Pakis will realize that they are being targeted will be when their passive SONAR detects multiple splashes all around them and then they hear multiple Shyena LWT spiraling away in a search pattern, their SONAR pinging, looking for them. And they'll be smack in the middle of these torpedoes. At that point, they are toast. I am not even including our P-8I, Sea Guardian drones, Rustom-II (whenever it comes), AUVs, underwater gliders, etc. Not even including any Surface ship like Kamorta either. Once you introduce them, I don't understand how we think the Paki subs will be able to undertake offensive missions. They'll be sitting in port or stick close to the littorals.
What we need to focus on right now is:-
1.) Refit all our ships with DRDO VL-SRSAM (once it completes development tests). That can drastically increase their capability. And we need to retire the dinosaur era arm-launched Shtil-1.
2.) Increase our submarine fleet.
3.) Add drones for ASW (AUVs and UAVs).
4.) Focus on making the NGD and NGF with as much Indian weapons and sensors as we can. In my opinion, its possible to build them without reliance on foreign weapons and sensors. After that only the turbines, gearboxes, shafts, etc; i.e. propulsion section would be of foreign origin. That and the main gun. Which means we'll be able to make more of the NGD and NGF follow-ons, we might even standardize on that design like the Americans standardized on the Arleigh Burke and the Chinese on the Type 52D and Type 55.
So relax. On the seas, we are comfortably ahead of the Pakis despite the other AORs of the Indian Navy.

gslv markIII

Country flag
Found it -

The increasing perilous conditions of 50 kns winds, swell height of above 10 mtrs, sea state 7/8 and intense spells of rains, precluded rescue by boat, Gemini divers or shore based air ops. Faced with extremely limited options, the officer took the bold decision of maneuvering the ship to close and recover survivors directly from the sea.
Bravery aside, the excellent seakeeping characteristics of the vessel are something to be proud of. Confirms what V.Adm FM Hiranandani had written in his book about the P15 Delhi class.

1629126664405.png

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Point is they are adding numbers not replacements and its not against the entire navy. We got a big ass cost line and much much bigger threats. Navy will have to deal with pakis the western fleet mostly.
No. Most of their fleets is of the 70/80s, they plan on keeping using some of the vintages & retiring some. Only the dozen-odd Turkish and Chinese, frigates and corvettes are not Brahmos fodder (they are, but due to 7-1 numerical superiority, not tech)... All of their subs are/will be subpar too.

Read what i said & you'll agree with this if you do better research:
Naval strength is something that is directly proportional to a country's economy & technology level... 80% of the game is quality & quantity of the asset you can afford.

Last edited:

Gandaberunda

Country flag
If hostilities broke and Indian Navy advances first measures of Pak navy will be to hide it's Submarines and then send there combat ships to safe place.( can't afford to lose 1-2 ships they have to show to the world) Rest will be docked at Karachi harbour fearing of sinking! They can send their jaheed ladki tayyara JF17 bandar as a deterrence which they can afford to lose.

They will shit and start RR if Navy advances or posture close to Pak coast as Pak navy still can't get over nightmare '71 pounding.

Akula

Country flag
Surface vessels of Pakistan are easy to take care of. They don't have any long range AD. Look at their new Frigates. Their fire control radar has a first blind speed of around 1000m/s. The BrahMos at sea level is very slightly faster than that, which means that their SAM FCR won't be able to see the BrahMos, let alone intercept it. Add to it the fact that we are about to create a SCRAMJET powered cruise missile, the Pakis won't have any hope of seeing that missile forget intercepting it. They are sitting ducks. And then look at their offensive weaponry on those Frigates: subsonic short range cruise missiles. We out-range them and have world class Air Defences.
Their submarines will be a problem, but those are also not the quietest. My money is on the Kalvari class to have a higher availability rate and being quieter will easily shadow the Paki submarines and once located, SMART can easily sink those Paki subs. The first time Pakis will realize that they are being targeted will be when their passive SONAR detects multiple splashes all around them and then they hear multiple Shyena LWT spiraling away in a search pattern, their SONAR pinging, looking for them. And they'll be smack in the middle of these torpedoes. At that point, they are toast. I am not even including our P-8I, Sea Guardian drones, Rustom-II (whenever it comes), AUVs, underwater gliders, etc. Not even including any Surface ship like Kamorta either. Once you introduce them, I don't understand how we think the Paki subs will be able to undertake offensive missions. They'll be sitting in port or stick close to the littorals.
1.) Refit all our ships with DRDO VL-SRSAM (once it completes development tests). That can drastically increase their capability. And we need to retire the dinosaur era arm-launched Shtil-1.
4.) Focus on making the NGD and NGF with as much Indian weapons and sensors as we can. In my opinion, its possible to build them without reliance on foreign weapons and sensors. After that only the turbines, gearboxes, shafts, etc; i.e. propulsion section would be of foreign origin. That and the main gun. Which means we'll be able to make more of the NGD and NGF follow-ons, we might even standardize on that design like the Americans standardized on the Arleigh Burke and the Chinese on the Type 52D and Type 55.
So relax. On the seas, we are comfortably ahead of the Pakis despite the other AORs of the Indian Navy.
VL-SRSAM may not be available for every ship. Instead, we can use Rotating Missile launchers for smaller vessels like new anti submarine warfare Corvettes or patrol ships like Saryu class.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
If hostilities broke and Indian Navy advances first measures of Pak navy will be to hide it's Submarines and then send there combat ships to safe place.
Actually in modern satellite era, it's really hard to to hide surface fleet if we are already tracking them. And if their position is known Sukhois will fly with Brahmos from Thanjavur.

IN will just have to search the subs... that is the reason why we are investing so much in subsurface warfare asset in the Arabian!

Gandaberunda

Country flag
Actually in modern satellite era, it's really hard to to hide surface fleet if we are already tracking them. And it their position is known Sukhois will fly with Brahmos from Thanjavur.

IN will just have to search the subs... that is the reason why we are investing so much in subsurface vessels in the Arabian!
Only place they can hide their subs is ormara and Gwadar where Chinese can provide cover ( Chinese operate Gwadar port) and India may hold on attacking Gwadar port keeping Chinese in mind to some extent.
For surface fleet their best bet is to dock at harbour and defend through coastal batteries SAMs and land based fighters. They won't venture out of shore even if we attack them going into their EEZ
Pakis know Karachi port and their navy is sitting duck for Indian navy the reason they don't want full fledge war and repeat of 71 devastation.

flanker99

Country flag

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I’m not sure about the Turkish frigate. If you’re talking about MP-750 radar, first of all, what is the relationship between the first blind speed and whether the radar can detect BrahMos, and I think BrahMos is more like a high-speed flight MIG21,
More importantly, there is an AESA on the 054AP
And there are 8 YJ12 supersonic anti-ship missiles, Mach 2-4, 400 km range,
Unless you are covered with underwater sonar around Karachi, 039B submarines will still slip away under your feet.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I’m not sure about the Turkish frigate. If you’re talking about MP-750 radar, first of all, what is the relationship between the first blind speed and whether the radar can detect BrahMos, and I think BrahMos is more like a high-speed flight MIG21,
More importantly, there is an AESA on the 054AP
And there are 8 YJ12 supersonic anti-ship missiles, Mach 2-4, 400 km range,
Unless you are covered with underwater sonar around Karachi, 039B submarines will still slip away under your feet.
Slip to where? P8is and romeo copters would be hunting them along with surface fleet.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
My god the turks are bidding for rnaval shipyard ...itll be a bloody disaster for our national security if we let those lot get their hands on that shipyard.
This yard is cursed anyway , plus this is anil ambani reliance .
Why it will affect national security.
Infact india should buy that bayraktar drone.too

Anandhu Krishna

In case of a war, before starting any "violent" offencive ops, IN could have spend a while on naval blockade taking away a lot of their war fighting capabilities before International pressure Intensifies. Starting the naval blockade with missile strike will make all geopolitical fence sitters talk and maybe even make us look like the aggressor.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles