Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
The Somali pirates are not going to be housed long term in Indian jails, we hope. That's a burden on India, for something India has no responsibility for. Let Somalia handle that problem.
they fired at our equipment so they are subject to our laws so if the somali govt doesnt bother getting them out they could be in really long legal processes too (tareek pe tareek type thing)

JBH22

they fired at our equipment so they are subject to our laws so if the somali govt doesnt bother getting them out they could be in really long legal processes too (tareek pe tareek type thing)
Easy solution would have been Russian approach. Take off all their weapons and let them drift in the high seas. Some zealous sailors can do target practice ;)

binayak95

Country flag
Whoever boards and seizes a hostile ship at sea, that nation's laws apply. Aint got nothing to do with firing.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
...but they're already against us. Might as well give the PRC some trouble as well.
2021 article
China sails unhindered in Somali waters

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think paying ransom would be cheaper than doing an operation and wasting resources.
Comon man 5 million has a lot of value than 23 kanglus
We shouldn't even spend 1000rs for their shity lives
Par kand IOR main hua hai we need to do something :dude:

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Comon man 5 million has a lot of value than 23 kanglus
We shouldn't even spend 1000rs for their shity lives
Par kand IOR main hua hai we need to do something :dude:
i think he may be right about the economics at play as c17 cost 25000 dollars per hour worth of flight
but rather than randson its about giving a message that you will be caught even if you try to flee you will be caught soldies would come from ships planes etc to capture you

i think thats the bigger part of doing these operations cause having 2 warships sail, a cargo jet, a millions of dollar worth drone, an anti submarine jet ,with additional troops would cost more than 5 million in my opinion
if we pay every time more people would get motevated to do shit like this

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles