Indian Missiles are Superior to Chinese in Quality, Says Expert

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Seeing Agni-5 as an ICBM, which it is not. India has neither tested, nor proven any ICBM capability so far.
believe me, agni 5 range is way more than 5000 KM - saraswat said.

even chinese are accepting the fact that agni 5 has more than 8000 KM range..

so i do not understand why u have such confusion. agni 5 range is bluffed by indians in order to not create a panic in nato countries.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Add to that They have gone conventional with their ballistic missiles and a very dangerous doctrine at that
I doubt they might use a conventional warhead along with a ballistic missile.
Consider the fact they fire a conventional Ballistic missile, which is mistaken to be a nuclear powered ballistic missile. Than there would be possibility of nuclear second strike from India, when the Chinese haven't actually used their nuclear weapons.

pmaitra

Seeing Agni-5 as an ICBM, which it is not. India has neither tested, nor proven any ICBM capability so far.
believe me, agni 5 range is way more than 5000 KM - saraswat said.

even chinese are accepting the fact that agni 5 has more than 8000 KM range..

so i do not understand why u have such confusion. agni 5 range is bluffed by indians in order to not create a panic in nato countries.
I had said this long time back. It is hypothetical. See I have highlighted the keywords in my statement that you quoted.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
pmaitra, take scale and map and measure distance between wheeler islands and point of impact which was somewhere in indian ocean near Indonesia. you will end up around 6500KM as minimum ball point range :p

pmaitra

pmaitra, take scale and map and measure distance between wheeler islands and point of impact which was somewhere in indian ocean near Indonesia. you will end up around 6500KM as minimum ball point range :p
You could be correct. Could you please post the picture? All the reports that I have read says 5000 km.

Country flag
I agree. The context in that news article was DF-21. Comparing DF-21 with Prithvi is not appropriate. Also, I doubt Indian missile with that kind of range, ~3000 km, has a CEP of 20 metres.

Prithvi was only given as an example of Indian missile accuracy . Prithvi is
more relevant today they it was when we first developed it. Prithvi will make
up vital elements in our BMD -PAD and hopefully the soon to be tested PDV.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

when ISRO can launch 10 satellites in a single go and in a single mission and using only one launch vechicles, :troll: you have not only proven ICBM capability but you have also proven the capability of MIRV and anti-sat weapons :accepted:

PSLV-C9 launched successfully with 10 satellites

India sets world record, launches 10 satellites at one go - Times Of India

Last edited:

shubhamsaikia

when a ballistic missile can go as high as 600 km into the exosphere. It only seems logical that it can go beyond 5500kms for sure. And considering 6500 kms fr the initial strike, the scientists at DRDO were surely not testing it to its limits so the upper hand can be anywhere between 8000-9000 kms

Country flag
Propellant
Most of the Chinese missiles are liquid propellants whereas many of the Indian missiles are solid propellant including the recently launched Agni-5.
Liquid propellants take 10 days to 2 weeks to fill the barrels in order to ready the missiles and there is no surprise in doing that and this will be a delayed strike. But Indian missiles can strike anytime from anywhere.
Why can't Brahmos be solid fuelled like Shaurya??

Country flag
when ISRO can launch 10 satellites in a single go and in a single mission and using only one launch vechicles, :troll: you have not only proven ICBM capability but you have also proven the capability of MIRV and anti-sat weapons :accepted:

This is true but a test in a weaponized platform will be the ultimate proof.
It is more a political decision than a capability issue.

Last edited:

shubhamsaikia

stealth and hypersonic speed is what we should expect. Any idea if Agni VI is going still going to be made operational..?

Country flag
If Russians can make other ramjets missiles like SA-4,SA-6 solid
fuelled why can't they make Brahmos totally solid fuelled? Meteor
BVR another ramjet is also solid fuelled.

SPIEZ

Country flag
If Russians can make other ramjets missiles like SA-4,SA-6 solid
fuelled why can't they make Brahmos totally solid fuelled? Meteor
BVR another ramjet is also solid fuelled.
I think the issue lies with the ramjet propulsion, even the French have gone in for a liquid fueled Ramjet missile.
Air-Sol Moyenne Portée - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Brahmos uses a two stage propulsion, first a solid fueled rocket engine followed by a liquid fueled RAMJET engine.

Country flag
I think the issue lies with the ramjet propulsion, even the French have gone in for a liquid fueled Ramjet missile.
Air-Sol Moyenne Portée - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Brahmos uses a two stage propulsion, first a solid fueled rocket engine followed by a liquid fueled RAMJET engine.
Brahmos is one of the few missiles in the arsenal that is liquid fuelled.
Unless Russians want us to keep returning and buying more?

shubhamsaikia

Relative to liquid fuel rockets, solid rockets have lower specific impulse. The propellant mass ratios of solid propellant upper stages is usually in the .91 to .93 range which is as good or better than that of most liquid propellant upper stages but overall performance is less than for liquid stages because of the solids' lower exhaust velocities. The high mass ratios possible with (unsegmented) solids is a result of high propellant density and very high strength-to-weight ratio filament-wound motor casings. A drawback to solid rockets is that they cannot be throttled in real time, although a programmed thrust schedule can be created by adjusting the interior propellant geometry. Solid rockets can be vented to extinguish combustion or reverse thrust as a means of controlling range or accommodating warhead separation. Casting large amounts of propellant requires consistency and repeatability which is assured by computer control. Casting voids in propellant can adversely affect burn rate so the blending and casting takes place under vacuum and the propellant blend is spread thin and scanned to assure no large gas bubbles are introduced into the motor.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Brahmos is one of the few missiles in the arsenal that is liquid fuelled.
Unless Russians want us to keep returning and buying more?
My understanding would be that they can be stored for certain period of time, after they can be refueled.

pmaitra

What you said, I have said the same thing, again, long time back. Sure, if India can orbit satellites, India can deliver a warhead to any part of the world.

Have we tested and demonstrated capability to deliver a warhead beyond 5000 km? The answer is negative.
As a sequitur, does India have an ICBM? Again, the answer is negative.

I am just keeping it realistic mate.

Country flag
Solid fuelled can also be stored indefinetly no need to fuel before
use so it also makes them more mobile.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles