Indian Electronics and Semiconductor manufacturing industry

jai jaganath

Country flag
It has been raining semiconductors, updates and news about new plants & proposals everyday which I'm not able to post.

I hope this time, ongoing wave will be going at least 4-5 sizeable semicon fabs in India in a short period of time.
It would be nice sirji if u can compile semicon fabs then we could bookmark it for reference

thebakofbakchod

Why are there very few PCB factories in India and why are local companies not investing in them? These PCBs are the bedrock of the entire electronic industry. If we can locally mass produce them, it can easily kickstart local product manufacturing of keyboards, mouse, other electronic products. I dont think there is a single indian company that does this at scale.
1693305832327.png

See i was right. India has negligible local production of PCBs. It is much cheaper and faster to import your custom PCBs straight from Shenzhen then with any indian producer/supplier. By the time your indian supplier even understands what your requirements are, you would have received the PCB from china at half the cost. And at least until pre-covid, Indian PCB suppliers were notorious for simply not following design requirements and and dispatching half-assed products. I have not worked with PCBs recently so i cant comment on the current state of the local industry. The government should set up a speical investment fund that will give cheap credit to PCB manufacturers/startups to scale up
This DH graphic does a nice job.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag

Azaad

Country flag
Arun's diagnosis is correct about India period. However as far as the future goes the Tata group has firm plans to establish fabs though they'd go about it in a step by step manner & from what I understand which isn't being reported by the MSM is Reliance has huge plans to set up fabs which they'd unfold either next year or the year after that.

notaname

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Arun's diagnosis is correct about India period. However as far as the future goes the Tata group has firm plans to establish fabs though they'd go about it in a step by step manner & from what I understand which isn't being reported by the MSM is Reliance has huge plans to set up fabs which they'd unfold either next year or the year after that.
He is nowadays pessimistic about each and everything, I stopped following him after sometime, he used to give good insights but now whatever he is writing is either finding faults or painting a sad picture which is of no use to us as we already have many negative things going on, so it doesn't help there.

Let's see where this push for getting fab leads us, and to contemplate it on where we are headed or what will happen in future is futile till we get there and have couple of fab setup here, then we can safely say if we are going Vietnam way or India way.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Awesome!! Now we just have to mass produce it!!!
Gallium Nitride based semiconductors don't have much application which Silicon ones do, so there's no point to do that.

AnantS

Country flag
Gallium Nitride based semiconductors don't have much application which Silicon ones do, so there's no point to do that.
Actually they do have application and is actively being researched upon for use in Chips in computer Industry esp AI

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles