Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Blademaster

Where did the jokers claiming that TN will be overtaken by UP disappear to? Literally every day, some factory investment is shaping up in TN. Meanwhile UP government does jumla groundbreaking of data centres and solar plants and then claims of x lakh crore investment. But the article's claim of "supplying fab equipment components to a leading US semiconductor manufacturing company" is probably a big overstatement. They are most likely supplying metal components etc rather than any important electronics
Ah the ever pessimist. The glass is never half full with you!

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
does Bose car speakers have a plant in India ?
Ya'll Nibbiars There re are no plans for that.

It was around for sometime.

BTW, sound quality of Harman audio in even budget cars like Tiago is simply :cool3:
Ya'll Nibbiars Was announced in 2019 but the Chinese Virus delayed it was finalized back in 2021 and now it's opertionalized.

blackleaf

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars INC came and started doing it's thing.

The IT professionals and factory workers in Hyderabad, the people that actually pay most of the taxes, did not vote for Congress. Congress did not win a single seat in Hyderabad. Yet they now get to decide the fate of Hyderabad. All the taxes from Hyderabad will go towards freebies in rural areas that voted for Congress.
This is why I'm looking forward to the delimitation after 2026. Hopefully this decreases the power of rural areas and makes India more like other countries where politics in a state are dominated by the large cities.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
The IT professionals and factory workers in Hyderabad, the people that actually pay most of the taxes, did not vote for Congress. Congress did not win a single seat in Hyderabad. Yet they now get to decide the fate of Hyderabad. All the taxes from Hyderabad will go towards freebies in rural areas that voted for Congress.
This is why I'm looking forward to the delimitation after 2026. Hopefully this decreases the power of rural areas and makes India more like other countries where politics in a state are dominated by the large cities.
Unpopular opinion: Tier-1 cities should be UTs.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

GBR04EnbEAA47vv.jpeg

SKC

Country flag
SimpliLearn laid off 200 people on 07/12/23.

Going by their Google reviews, its the same modus operandi.

1. Don't offer a trial.

2. Sign up some naive innocent people under EMI scheme using ECS or Credit Card and collect the amount in full from their financial partner.

3. Refuse any correspondence with the subscriber for 7 days which is supposedly their refund period. No refund claims entertained.

4. Bakra/Bakri starts course. Finds it shit and loses interest but EMI's continue getting deducted from bank account. Refuse payment and calls from collection agent gets abusive and from lawyer get intimidating. Some of these lawyers use a cop to make calls and try to intimidate clients who shifted all the funds from the account linked to the loan.

5. Take to social media/Google and writer a stinker.

Why does every ed-tech company from MeritNation, Byjus(has a better reputation), SimpliLearn & many many more offer the same experience?

Their aggrieved customers must be in the thousands.

Why is it so hard to offer the service one has promised and collected an upfront payment in full for?
EdTech ecosystem is now dead in India. End of milking money in this sector.

BYJUs in big trouble, the owner should rot in jail.

SKC

Country flag
In India, startups focus on finding problem for a solution rather than finding a .solution for a problem

No wonder there are startups like IIT-JEE shaadi.com 😄
Read the IIT-IIM pages on FB, twitter handles and on other social media.
You will get biggest black pill of all time.

MuffleParch

Country flag
how many start ups unicorn remain now??....last year i heard we reached 100.
Startup failure rates are very high everywhere. Close to 90% in the West go bust. That is the nature of business: high reward and high risk. That is the reason relatively young people take the risk of joining startups. If job security is very important for you, Startups may not be a good option.

Last edited:

MuffleParch

Country flag
That probably is true in Bengaluru/Karnataka as well.

Kumata

Country flag
Thanks you for this. I am aware. I typically allocated my yearly bonus into these Y o Y . This have left me with a good diversified portfolio. I picked these during covid via a friend and since than have invested a bit with primary motivation being marriage of kiddos and my niece...

Best part is that i can convert it to pure 24 K gold bars at designated RBI Offices if needed.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles