Indian Economy: News and Discussion

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
BTW, how Indian govt handles this will be a good test of how pathetic our PR department vis a vis world is.

Here we have one of the most profitable companies like Apple not paying salaries for its workers in a country like India for 8 months. If this isnt an excuse for a PR blitzkreig against Apple so as to focus the actual issue here rather than the rats rioting in the factory, I dont know what is.

Time for Indian PR blitzekreig against Apple for non payment across media before western rats spin it against India. But I doubt the bureaucrat buffoons or the BJP clowns in power have the ability to do it

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No ? o_O
The factory doesn't "feed" me, maybe the workers, Wistron is one of the OEMs assembling iPhones for Apple.

My point is inspite of there being *some* grievance redressal mechanism for this "less pay given compared to promised amount" issue, they don't go through that procedure first, but instead directly go on a rampage vs the factory?

It seems all too convenient for me, that they directly go to breaking and burning stuff, instead of the rational alternatives.
The payment due has been there for 8 months. Its very likely that it was a spontaneous reaction considering the kind of workers(poor day to day living people) working there.

Bhakths should stop looking for conspiracies everywhere and instead start calling spade a spade- how govt failed to control the looting and rioting mob

shade

Country flag
What an absolute mess. Even if there were grievences, breaking down the property which is giving them employment and livlihood is no way to protest it.

BJP has proven that it is nothing but communist + cow party. Absolute shitshow. No protection of law and order. What does it think it is doing? If the BJP clowns think they can get commie votes by being more communist than the commie morons, then they are sadly mistaken. They will certainly lose more moderate and centrist votes with these absolute madness and lack of law and order.

People of Karnataka certainly deserve better than this.
They won't lose votes, but they will lose prospective investments and direct and indirect employments from those investments + tax revenue base.

Samsung is shifting primarily to Vietnam, and secondly to India for it's manufacturing/assembly business.
They still have a NAND Flash memory fab somewhere in China tough, and recently invested more funds into it.

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They won't lose votes, but they will lose prospective investments and direct and indirect employments from those investments + tax revenue base.

Samsung is shifting primarily to Vietnam, and secondly to India for it's manufacturing/assembly business.
They still have a NAND Flash memory fab somewhere in China tough, and recently invested more funds into it.
People of Karnataka who voted for BJP dint vote them for letting riots and looting destroy the private properties and factories. BJP won there only by a sliver. I am pretty sure Indians arent as stupid as americans to vote for a party which encourages rioting and looting , whatever may be the reason. Only americans are suicidally stupid to elect a president who encourages people to loot and riot. Most indians still have some sense regarding that issue

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
No, no, the discourse is that " India is a country of riots and rampaging factory workers, better take your investment to Vietnam instead ".
Then again I am not 100% on what all factors are in play using which companies decide to Invest in a country.

Thing is Wistron cannot pull out of India even if they do drama saying they will, since this is a small "accident" in whatever long term plans they have in India.

But the question arises about other manufacturing companies which could invest in India in the future

btw there is no question about " taming Indians " boss, this isn't the EIC, most likely this is some union sponsored Gunda gardi vs a possibly greedy or cash strapped Taiwanese company.

Anyway we will get detailed info about the low payment allegations in the coming days.
Yup, don’t get too upset of these things. it will be sorted.

shade

Country flag
People of Karnataka who voted for BJP dint vote them for letting riots and looting destroy the private properties and factories. BJP won there only by a sliver. I am pretty sure Indians arent as stupid as americans to vote for a party which encourages rioting and looting , whatever may be the reason. Only americans are suicidally stupid to elect a president who encourages people to loot and riot. Most indians still have some sense regarding that issue
They don't encourage this wtf?
Nobody does, not even a congress govt.
These people will be arrested.
State govt isn't omnipresent and all knowing to stop these things before they happen.
If you want omnipresent state and all seeing state China/Vietnam is better, they have everything managed, unions, companies, media everything

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The payment due has been there for 8 months. Its very likely that it was a spontaneous reaction considering the kind of workers(poor day to day living people) working there.

Bhakths should stop looking for conspiracies everywhere and instead start calling spade a spade- how govt failed to control the looting and rioting mob
and you should stop looking for excuses to blame govt.
the kind of expectations you have from a this govt, only CCP can fulfil them.

mokoman

Country flag

Sources said the employees were angry that the company was not paying the amount that was promised to them at the time of joining.

“While an engineering graduate was promised Rs 21,000 per month, his/her salary had reduced to Rs 16,000 and, subsequently, to Rs 12,000 in the recent months.

Non-engineering graduates’ monthly salary had reduced to Rs 8,000. The salary amount being credited to our accounts have been reducing and it was frustrating to see this,” an employee alleged

Surprised they were even paid anything (due to covid and everything)

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Sources said the employees were angry that the company was not paying the amount that was promised to them at the time of joining.

“While an engineering graduate was promised Rs 21,000 per month, his/her salary had reduced to Rs 16,000 and, subsequently, to Rs 12,000 in the recent months.

Non-engineering graduates’ monthly salary had reduced to Rs 8,000. The salary amount being credited to our accounts have been reducing and it was frustrating to see this,” an employee alleged

Surprised they were even paid anything (due to covid and everything)
Ya i am still waiting even after 5 months.

FalconZero

Country flag
The timing of those 'protests' 'riots' in the factory at a time when many major companies have announced are announcing or musing about re-location to India, it's going to be bad optics, I already saw few reports on major subs.

State government should deal with rioters strictly plus if there's any compensation/payment issues then company should be held responsible and taken care in optimum manner.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The timing of those 'protests' 'riots' in the factory at a time when many major companies have announced are announcing or musing about re-location to India, it's going to be bad optics, I already saw few reports on major subs.

State government should deal with rioters strictly plus if there's any compensation/payment issues then company should be held responsible and taken care in optimum manner.
It hardly takes 15-30 mins to create a made for camera “riot”.

Recall my chicken and Baghdad story(look it up), when you publicly say you are concerned about something, you adversary will specifically create a ruckus to exploit that concern.

shade

Country flag
It hardly takes 15-30 mins to create a made for camera “riot”.

Recall my chicken and Baghdad story(look it up), when you publicly say you are concerned about something, you adversary will specifically create a ruckus to exploit that concern.
This is that story right, liek 100 years ago when Hindu traders used to go to Baghdad the locals used to catch random chickens put a knife to its throat and ask the hindu for ransom money, else he kills the chicken, and the hindu trader would give money because ahimsa and all, correct?

shade

Country flag
didn't samsung leave china because its mobile market is now virtually non-existent there its below 1% if i am not mistaken.
It is one of the factors, increasing wage costs in China is another, the other being the trade war, but the biggest factor is that they have Vietnamese govt in pocket, thanks to massive investments there, most of Samsung's appliances, TVs and Mobiles sold globally are assembled in YUGE factories in Vietnam and then exported to countries all over the globe.

However they haven't completely divorced China, as they keep pouring money into this specific NAND Flash memory manufacturing Semiconductor Fab/Factory in China's Xia'an city

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
This is that story right, liek 100 years ago when Hindu traders used to go to Baghdad the locals used to catch random chickens put a knife to its throat and ask the hindu for ransom money, else he kills the chicken, and the hindu trader would give money because ahimsa and all, correct?
Links for the story

Global Defence

New threads

Articles