Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Alfalfa

Country flag
my opinion regarding economy is well known. What i see on ground is different from what rich people in this forum see or think cause I only see high poverty, unemployment , underemployment etc. Let us all stick to our opinion and views :)
Is forum pe alag delusion hai bhai... i dont know where this ridiculous optimism comes from because none of the basic economic indices support it... there is faith, there is bhakti there's delusion and then there is this thread!

FalconZero

Country flag
my opinion regarding economy is well known. What i see on ground is different from what rich people in this forum see or think cause I only see high poverty, unemployment , underemployment etc. Let us all stick to our opinion and views :)
> Everyone is rich in this forum
> Meanwhile, @Haldilal : Am i joke(rich) to you?
We all know that Haldilal is very poor.
Jokes aside,
What you are seeing is just one side, GOI is working hard, reforms are taking place, these are turbulent times but also a great opportunity, I think you should go few pages back and read about the recent reforms and upcoming ones, things are changing, all the shitshow from 70 years can't be solved in 5 years, poverty etc
The poverty rate has been going down, what you saw recently is just an anomaly, the unemployment rate was going down too until last 2 years or so.
With the government now focusing on getting more investment from infra to setting up industries, easing the regulations from environment-related red tape to labour reforms to farmers bill, let's not forget about the digital India and initiative to new developers etc. All this + recent development in Indian defense industry, I think we are on the right path, we hit the bump, it's fine it's not the end but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Economy is a transitional thing. It moves on an incremental basis and since 1991 our economy has been moving in the same direction of reforms no matter which party government came n went by. There are so many factors involved in economic growth that some are in positive while others in negative at any given point of time. And there is no final destination for an economy to reach. So these "economy in tatters" etc jibes are meaningless. While manufacturing has taken a hit in covid times, agriculture has seen resilience and is staying good.

FalconZero

Country flag
Is forum pe alag delusion hai bhai... i dont know where this ridiculous optimism comes from because none of the basic economic indices support it... there is faith, there is bhakti there's delusion and then there is this thread!
What indices exactly? Please list them out.

Alfalfa

Country flag
What indices exactly? Please list them out.
Our per capita income is slipping below Bangladesh man, unemployment data is patchy at best but friends at Niti Ayog tell me its in the higher teens to lower twenties for rural India, urban india is at about 11%; our GDP contraction is by far the worst on earth... fact is 40-50% of this country lives on less than 2 dollars a day, India has more people living in absolute poverty than sub saharan africa (or is atleast equal to it), ..... when man made disasters like Demo and Freak incidents like covid arise, they explore the brutal vulnerability of a country which is largely destitute... why hate on a guy just because he lives in Norway... is he wrong? We manufacture nothing which is of value to the world, our export mix is largely a joke - (diamonds, rice and that Ambani refinery)... The level of economic consolidation is disgusting, the entire country is being sold to 2 men ... but the senseless cheerleading goes on and on... those Gujjus are laughing their way to the bank because this country with its dipshit avg IQ of 82 is too dumb to see what a ride its being taken for, but whatever man... sab changa si

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Our per capita income is slipping below Bangladesh man, unemployment data is patchy at best but friends at Niti Ayog tell me its in the higher teens to lower twenties for rural India, urban india is at about 11%; our GDP contraction is by far the worst on earth... fact is 40-50% of this country lives on less than 2 dollars a day, India has more people living in absolute poverty than sub saharan africa (or is atleast equal to it), ..... when man made disasters like Demo and Freak incidents like covid arise, they explore the brutal vulnerability of a country which is largely destitute... why hate on a guy just because he lives in Norway... is he wrong? We manufacture nothing which is of value to the world, our export mix is largely a joke - (diamonds, rice and that Ambani refinery)... The level of economic consolidation is disgusting, the entire country is being sold to 2 men ... but the senseless cheerleading goes on and on... those Gujjus are laughing their way to the bank because this country with its dipshit avg IQ of 82 is too dumb to see what a ride its being taken for, but whatever man... sab changa si
Ya'll Nibbiars Reference please.

FalconZero

Country flag
Fooking hilarious, literally, your first line shows your lack of depth in the matter, read the IMF report, in the same line they stated that in next year we will surpass them again, it shows you didn't read the report nd came running after pappu tweeted about it.
Second, PPP wise per capita of India is around 6k USD which is around 22% more than that of Bangladesh, when it comes to day to day life ppp matters more. That's one part where you are wrong, so much for 'delusion' LOL...also, about other points that you made state your data.

Alfalfa

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Reference please.
Sources to what broski? , barring the unemplyment data.. which barely gets reported... we fudge benchmarks for poverty just to keep it below 10%, there has not been a single pan India unemployment census since 2012... the bullshit 8.4% figure we see is reported by some ch@#ia think tank called CMIE which doesnt even have the basic wherewithal to report this data... sab kuchh sala FMA hai (From my ass), all of this is easily referenceable... and widely known... im sorry if it doesnt align with the whole India shining consensus that is so deeply entrenched here... but I genuinely dont get where all this optimism comes from... when the din of covid settles, we would have decimated close to 40% of our MSMEs - there was an article on the Ken on this (If you dont have a membership, DM me your email ill mail you the read)..
"Other MSMEs are already reeling. In June, about 35% of MSMEs shut operations, saying they saw no chance of a recovery in the wake of the Covid outbreak, according to a survey by the All India Manufacturers’ Organisation. The government, however, maintains there are no records of any MSME shutdowns."

"According to a private survey, some 25-30 million MSME jobs have been lost "

Haldilal

Country flag
Fooking hilarious, literally, your first line shows your lack of depth in the matter, read the IMF report, in the same line they stated that in next year we will surpass them again, it shows you didn't read the report nd came running after pappu tweeted about it.
Second, PPP wise per capita of India is around 6k USD which is around 22% more than that of Bangladesh, when it comes to day to day life ppp matters more. That's one part where you are wrong, so much for delusion...also, about other points that you made state your data.
Ya'll Nibbiar Lagta hai MBA ke Kitabo ka asar.

Haldilal

Country flag
Sources to what broski? , barring the unemplyment data.. which barely gets reported... we fudge benchmarks for poverty just to keep it below 10%, there has not been a single pan India unemployment census since 2012... the bullshit 8.4% figure we see is reported by some ch@#ia think tank called CMIE which doesnt even have the basic wherewithal to report this data... sab kuchh sala FMA hai (From my ass), all of this is easily referenceable... and widely known... im sorry if it doesnt align with the whole India shining consensus that is so deeply entrenched here... but I genuinely dont get where all this optimism comes from... when the din of covid settles, we would have decimated close to 40% of our MSMEs - there was an article on the Ken on this (If you dont have a membership, DM me your email ill mail you the read)..
"Other MSMEs are already reeling. In June, about 35% of MSMEs shut operations, saying they saw no chance of a recovery in the wake of the Covid outbreak, according to a survey by the All India Manufacturers’ Organisation. The government, however, maintains there are no records of any MSME shutdowns."

"According to a private survey, some 25-30 million MSME jobs have been lost "

Ya'll Nibbiars ya Nibba Do you work in a think thank, Resarch organization or some economic council or knew some one there re baba.

FalconZero

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiar Lagta hai MBA ke Kitabo ka asar.
This dude is stalling, do they teach selective reading, not stating data in MBA? I hope not, rather than actually reading and trying to understand stuff dude is using ad hominem to get a leg up or vent out frustration.

Alfalfa

Country flag
Second, PPP wise per capita of India is around 6k USD which is around 22% more than that of Bangladesh, when it comes to day to day life ppp matters more. That's one part where you are wrong, so much for delusion...also, about other points that you made state your data.

If you cant have a decent discussion thats fine... dont expect much better from 90% members on this thread anyway.... but for God's sake dont use PPP figures which are adjusted using some random Big Mac index as a source of truth and eternal gyaan.... that shows how LITTLE you understand about anything at all....

If you do find it within yourself to introspect rather than name call, answer these questions -
1) How many jobs do we create in a year? about 2 mn - 3 mn (at best)... losing 35 million jobs sets us back by 10-12 years atleast
2) If we are so fucking awesome, how do we contract 24% ?
3) Name one sector (barring 100-150 cc motorcycles), where we compete on the world stage.

But you wont, instead of having an intelligent discussion, you will just name call

FalconZero

Country flag
If you cant have a decent discussion thats fine... dont expect much better from 90% members on this thread anyway.... but for God's sake dont use PPP figures which are adjusted using some random Big Mac index as a source of truth and eternal gyaan.... that shows how LITTLE you understand about anything at all....

If you do find it within yourself to introspect rather than name call, answer these questions -
1) How many jobs do we create in a year? about 2 mn - 3 mn (at best)... losing 35 million jobs sets us back by 10-12 years atleast
2) If we are so fucking awesome, how do we contract 24% ?
3) Name one sector (barring 100-150 cc motorcycles), where we compete on the world stage.

But you wont, instead of having an intelligent discussion, you will just name call
Gaslighting, ad hominem nothing else, you have still not stated the data, also, first, accept that you presented selective facts bout per capita part then we will have further discussion otherwise i am not going to waste my time on a pappu droller. I have stated the data too about why you were wrong.

Alfalfa

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars ya Nibba Do you work in a think thank, Resarch organization or some economic council or knew some one there re baba.
Yaar dekho yahi chod hai junta ka... koi alternate viewpoint deta hai jo pasand nahi aata toh naam karan kar dete ho... refute nahi kar rha hai koi, bas bakaiti katva lo.. how does it matter where I have friends and family...

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Our per capita income is slipping below Bangladesh man,
Bangladesh has been closing the gap with us for years, have u noticed it for the first time even Indonesia has bigger Per capita than us.
unemployment data is patchy at best but friends at Niti Ayog tell me its in the higher teens to lower twenties for rural India,
This is where we both can agree unemployment data has not been published.
urban india is at about 11%; our GDP contraction is by far the worst on earth..
Effect of Demo, GST and other small reforms COVID just made it worse.
fact is 40-50% of this country lives on less than 2 dollars a day
Few years back it was 1 dollar a day did u just wake up now.
India has more people living in absolute poverty than sub saharan africa (or is atleast equal to it), ....
We also have a population equivalent to that of a continent
when man made disasters like Demo and Freak incidents like covid arise, they explore the brutal vulnerability of a country which is largely destitute..
Has this vulnerability arises in a few years or has this always been the case.
why hate on a guy just because he lives in Norway... is
He is on proxy
is he wrong? We manufacture nothing which is of value to the world, our export mix is largely a joke - (diamonds, rice and that Ambani refinery)...
Why don't we manufacture anything of value have u ever asked yourself that?
The level of economic consolidation is disgusting, the entire country is being sold to 2 men ... but the senseless cheerleading goes on and on... those Gujjus are laughing their way to the bank because this country with its dipshit avg IQ of 82 is too dumb to see what a ride its being taken for,
IQ of 82 because most people have never been to elementary school.
The average IQ of urban Indians is 95 to 105 equivalent to that of Germany.

Also why so much hate on Gujaratis.
Do u also believe chemical's are making the frogs gay.

Haldilal

Country flag
Yaar dekho yahi chod hai junta ka... koi alternate viewpoint deta hai jo pasand nahi aata toh naam karan kar dete ho... refute nahi kar rha hai koi, bas bakaiti katva lo.. how does it matter where I have friends and family...
Ya'll Nibbiars
images (36).jpeg

images (34).jpeg

images (35).jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles