Indian Economy: News and Discussion

FalconZero

Country flag
I know that this won't make the "sky is perpetually falling" brigade change its rhetoric, but no way does India have more people living in extreme poverty than Africa. In 2018, just one country, Nigeria, had more people living on less than $1.90 than India.

As of today (adjusted taking the lockdown impact in account), just over 3% Indians live on that:

Problem is certain group of people ignore all the history, blame just one government for everything despite the fact than 99% problems are inherited from the previous governments. Be it per capita income or poverty they will not look into what was the original data, how it changed, what is it now, what's the forecast, in all the departments we are improving, it's the pace which can be debated and the government has shown intent, has brought policies in that direction. Even likes of IMF nd world bank along with experts in India have confirmed that worst is after us, things will improve further with 8.8% growth next year, increase in FDI, etc.
Also, then this baseless comparison with Bangladesh that two using bad-faith argument. We are f**king 1.3B people, we can't be compared to any other country, not even China since they don't have ramdi rona gang like these.
These are the same people who will march with pappu gang against farmer's bill to issues related to land/labour reform, they don't provide the solution they twist the facts, ideas to showcase their ability the ability of their ramdi-rona.
All the issues mentioned are either just anomalies, baggage from previous government bar few and things are improving. We are going through a time where our actions will decide our fate in upcoming years/decades, thankfully those actions so far are positive.

Alfalfa

Country flag
Ok, we get your point. We are doing really really bad. Indians are helpless and things won't get any better.

So when are we balkanizing ?
Aah another keyboard general who has nothing value additive to say, but has the strong urge to barf... I dont think anyone said anything about Balkanizing, all I said is we are poor, and poor as fuck... but some members find great joy in drawing random tangents to derail simple conversations... Either people here are clueless, or this place is infested with paid trolls, dont know which is worse

Your original statement was "our GDP contraction is by far the worst on earth...".
Here is Singapore whose GDP has contracted by 41%.
Source -
Singapore in technical recession after GDP shrinks 41.2% in Q2 from preceding quarter due to COVID

I hope Singapore is okay for you. Their economy is similar size of BD & PK. So I have debunked your claim and given proof for it.
Well, if you feel any better comparing our economy to that of a city state which has 20x the per capita income of India, then good on you .. but if you read your article yourself it clearly mentions that the YoY degrowth was -13%, the 41% figure you pompously quoted was a seasonally adjusted figure compared to Q1... so the comparison is actually -24 to -13, if you must throw links and be a pompous douche about it, atleast read your own link first... you may go stroke yourself now

Last edited:

Alfalfa

Country flag
Problem is certain group of people ignore all the history, blame just one government for everything despite the fact than 99% problems are inherited from the previous governments. Be it per capita income or poverty they will not look into what was the original data, how it changed, what is it now, what's the forecast, in all the departments we are improving, it's the pace which can be debated and the government has shown intent, has brought policies in that direction. Even likes of IMF nd world bank along with experts in India have confirmed that worst is after us, things will improve further with 8.8% growth next year, increase in FDI, etc.
Also, then this baseless comparison with Bangladesh that two using bad-faith argument. We are f**king 1.3B people, we can't be compared to any other country, not even China since they don't have ramdi rona gang like these.
These are the same people who will march with pappu gang against farmer's bill to issues related to land/labour reform, they don't provide the solution they twist the facts, ideas to showcase their ability the ability of their ramdi-rona.
All the issues mentioned are either just anomalies, baggage from previous government bar few and things are improving. We are going through a time where our actions will decide our fate in upcoming years/decades, thankfully those actions so far are positive.

The problem with the new lot of enlightened ones is that anyone who tries to show reason outside their bubble is part of the "randi rona" gang... one cant do much when the majority of a country is insistent on ignoring facts and name calling anyone who disagrees with you.. so low on facts and substance its ... so convenient to blame it all on Nehru, the Mughals my dead cat... etc etc.

Alfalfa

Country flag
And to all those starry eyed fools thinking the farmer bill has anything to do with killing the middleman etc etc ... it isnt... if it was about that it would have happened in 2014-2020.... the only reason it happened now is to ensure one particular business group can source produce at whatever price he feels like in order to dominate the retail value chain... they didnt even bother to hide the timing, Whatsapp payment was banned, until Facebook invested in Jio... overnight the rules changed and whatsapp payment was enabled...
But hey, dont let facts get in the way of your utopian humbug around ModiG...
what a giant fucking la la land

Alfalfa

Country flag
People here are pretty adjusted folks some are doctors, some IT coolies, PSU workers, Lawyers, small business owners, students, managers etc etc.
We have some rich people here and also people who Make 20k a month.

If u didn't notice Fertility rate of Bangladesh is lower than us, one of the biggest achievement of Sheik Hashina is her improvement of HDI.
This hasn't happened over night and neither we can do anything to change that, they will be ahead of us in per capita but not by a very large margin.

Yes gas lighting members here won't really help your cause. Problem exist and are meant to be solved.

U seem pretty rich mate, is this the first time you have seen this much poverty? U will cry taers of blood if u see conditions here in Bihar.

What us lacking.
A stable government
R&D
Supportive Bureaucracy
Infrastructure
Mindset
Etc

You can already see the worl going on this department.

U seem like a very rich brat mate.
How old are u?
U want to silence voices of those who u consider low IQ?
Most memebrs here will outgun u if u were to compete with them in IQ test.

U think you are very smart mate
u are not
I dont think, I AM... and its immaterial what you and I think, if you have facts to add.. then good.. else dont make it personal...not worth it

avknight1408

Country flag
Well, if you feel any better comparing our economy to that of a city state which has 20x the per capita income of India, then good on you .. but if you read your article yourself it clearly mentions that the YoY degrowth was -13%, the 41% figure you pompously quoted was a seasonally adjusted figure compared to Q1... so the comparison is actually -24 to -13, if you must throw links and be a pompous douche about it, atleast read your own link first... you may go stroke yourself now
It's true different countries report GDP calculated by different methods.
But your claim of " our GDP contraction is by far the worst on earth..." can be debunked any number of times.

https://factly.in/data-is-indias-gd...st-among-major-economies-for-april-june-2020/

Alfalfa

Country flag
It's true different countries report GDP calculated by different methods.
But your claim of " our GDP contraction is by far the worst on earth..." can be debunked any number of times.

https://factly.in/data-is-indias-gd...st-among-major-economies-for-april-june-2020/
You just obfuscated behind facts again... first you mention Singapore as an example, when i point out that isnt true... you havent "debunked" it...at all... Singapore as an example? Really? what next .. Dubai?? anything to win an argument is it? no matter how senseless the analogy...
I asked you to show me one major economy/ country which had a YoY drop more than India... and you havent yet.. all i read is drivel

IndianSpiderman

Country flag
If the Cassandras are indeed right, why are tractor sales at their historic peaks and hiring activity up by 24%? It was understood that the economy was bound to take a hit when the entire country was locked down for months. But, it was a necessary move, and may have helped India avert a potential disaster (and probably more lockdowns down the line). I think, and I'm up to a debate on this, we're blessed to have Modi at the helm in this crisis.

From the article, "The industry recorded sales of 543,936 units during January-September 2020 against 519,398 in the same period last year. In 2018, the industry closed the same nine months with sales of 579,878 units. India is the biggest market for tractors in the world, followed by China."

PS; Here's a little a little brain exercise for the UPA fans here. How many sub 3% quarters did the UPA-2 give the country?

Hfg..

Country flag
If you cant have a decent discussion thats fine... dont expect much better from 90% members on this thread anyway.... but for God's sake dont use PPP figures which are adjusted using some random Big Mac index as a source of truth and eternal gyaan.... that shows how LITTLE you understand about anything at all....

If you do find it within yourself to introspect rather than name call, answer these questions -
1) How many jobs do we create in a year? about 2 mn - 3 mn (at best)... losing 35 million jobs sets us back by 10-12 years atleast
2) If we are so fucking awesome, how do we contract 24% ?
3) Name one sector (barring 100-150 cc motorcycles), where we compete on the world stage.

But you wont, instead of having an intelligent discussion, you will just name call
What else you were expecting after a 3 month complete lockdown?

Alfalfa

Country flag
You just obfuscated behind facts again... first you mention Singapore as an example, when i point out that isnt true... you havent "debunked" it...at all... Singapore as an example? Really? what next .. Dubai?? anything to win an argument is it? no matter how senseless the analogy...
I asked you to show me one major economy/ country which had a YoY drop more than India... and you havent yet.. all i read is drivel
and every country you quote is 10x our per capita income... when someone goes from scoring 99/100 to 90/100 it isnt worse than someone barely passing an exam to completely failing it..
We compare ourselves to France and Germany bla bla... they have populations of 50-80 mn people with a higher EVA than 1.3 Bn of us.!!!

Alfalfa

Country flag
I wasnt, im just pointing out that all this bravado here about how we are so star spangled awesome is stupid and not backed by any facts whatsoever, but since that doesnt fit with the agenda here... everyone resorts to name calling no one has any material facts to disprove it, just some random strawmans which makes them feel better about themselves..

avknight1408

Country flag
and every country you quote is 10x our per capita income... when someone goes from scoring 99/100 to 90/100 it isnt worse than someone barely passing an exam to completely failing it..
We compare ourselves to France and Germany bla bla... they have populations of 50-80 mn people with a higher EVA than 1.3 Bn of us.!!!
In 2019, Mexico's per capita GDP is bigger than China's. So is china often compared with Mexico or with Mexico's neighbour America?

Source -
http://m.statisticstimes.com/economy/countries-by-gdp-capita.php

Economy contracted due to harsh lockdown. There is no way Indian economy will face recession of -24% in a normal year.

Alfalfa

Country flag
In 2019, Mexico's per capita GDP is bigger than China's. So is china often compared with Mexico or with Mexico's neighbour America?

Source -
http://m.statisticstimes.com/economy/countries-by-gdp-capita.php
You still havent debunked the claim... you chest thumped on Singapore without even reading your own link, then when i pointed that bit out... youve been drawing random strawmans... im still waiting for you to name a country... thats all im asking for, dont need comparisons between Mexico and China

FalconZero

Country flag
The problem with the new lot of enlightened ones is that anyone who tries to show reason outside their bubble is part of the "randi rona" gang... one cant do much when the majority of a country is insistent on ignoring facts and name calling anyone who disagrees with you.. so low on facts and substance its ... so convenient to blame it all on Nehru, the Mughals my dead cat... etc etc.
> talks about being reasonable
> blatantly misquotes data/don't show any proof for half of the shit that he mentioned
> tries to generalize a place where people openly criticize the government, its policies
> ignoring facts like just you did in your first line of the initial comment
> Be it nehru or modi or any other person no one is above criticism but what you did was useless ramdi rona based in again half ass data with disregard to what and how things are affected
> Mughals? Its not the Mughals rather their devotees who everyday claim even the way we are breathing was invented by mughals are the issue, the extreme glorification,etc...so if the time comes in needed thread mughals can be discussed too but I have not seen anyone blaming mughals necessarily or mentioning them at all afaik.
> I for my part never saw anyone blaming any government are a party without reason, people were more critical about modi too but gaslighting is one of the favourite jobs for people like you, your whole comment history is filled with gaslighting, ad hominem, tu quoque and if you are that interested in circle-jerking or too butthurt go to chit-chat thread and vent our frustration don't derail the thread.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
And to all those starry eyed fools thinking the farmer bill has anything to do with killing the middleman etc etc ... it isnt... if it was about that it would have happened in 2014-2020.... the only reason it happened now is to ensure one particular business group can source produce at whatever price he feels like in order to dominate the retail value chain... they didnt even bother to hide the timing, Whatsapp payment was banned, until Facebook invested in Jio... overnight the rules changed and whatsapp payment was enabled...
But hey, dont let facts get in the way of your utopian humbug around ModiG...
what a giant fucking la la land
Many other things have happened in the timelines you mentioned. Arguing why now, not previously is no argument.
Farmer's Bill is definitely about reducing the role of middlemen. If you think otherwise, please suit yourself. You are also meaning to say they MSP would be done away with, that is not the case. Being starry eyed is better than being blind to change. Fools..... O thought you said
I think, if you have facts to add.. then good.. else dont make it personal...not worth it
Whether or not an Industrialist makes some more money is the secondary issue. The primary issue is.....whether or not the farmer gains. I think he does.
So what's wrong with rules enabling WhatsApp payments. If Americans are investing..... why not?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars during Mughals the economic growth was infinite.

Alfalfa

Country flag
If the Cassandras are indeed right, why are tractor sales at their historic peaks and hiring activity up by 24%? It was understood that the economy was bound to take a hit when the entire country was locked down for months. But, it was a necessary move, and may have helped India avert a potential disaster (and probably more lockdowns down the line). I think, and I'm up to a debate on this, we're blessed to have Modi at the helm in this crisis.

From the article, "The industry recorded sales of 543,936 units during January-September 2020 against 519,398 in the same period last year. In 2018, the industry closed the same nine months with sales of 579,878 units. India is the biggest market for tractors in the world, followed by China."

PS; Here's a little a little brain exercise for the UPA fans here. How many sub 3% quarters did the UPA-2 give the country?
Aah yes Tractor sales... the international gold standard for measuring economic activity...
Well Cassandra, the reason why that happened is because the agro economy was untouched by Covid as food was still wanted, it was the only sector that didnt de-grow... and since farmers are the ones who buy tractors, tractor sales werent affected as farm incomes werent affected... to make this one random data point a beacon to proclaim economic resurgence is just asinine...

Hfg..

Country flag
I wasnt, im just pointing out that all this bravado here about how we are so star spangled awesome is stupid and not backed by any facts whatsoever, but since that doesnt fit with the agenda here... everyone resorts to name calling no one has any material facts to disprove it, just some random strawmans which makes them feel better about themselves..
No one is saying that we are the best or shit like that..You are behaving like it was only in India where people didnt have any food to eat and it was only our economy that contracted during Covid.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles