Indian Economy: News and Discussion

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
No fuckin way.. Why dont you sit down and think about its outcome.

The clause (if true) is not just about N.E. facial features but stresses on christianity religion too. If we allowed such migration, we will be playing in the hands of conversion mafia. Unlike Ricebag or one time monetory help, There would be a massive incentive of permanent job if they convert into christianity.
This is being way too woke. Ethnicity based recruitment happens today. Gulf recruitment of Indian muzzies for example or European recruitment of christian nannies. Like I said Hindus have to get even more richer and secure as a group to prevent conversion. Many Dalits converting to Buddhism is a fact, which then opened up opportunities for them in buddhist countries. I am not talking about forced conversions. But if someone voluntarily converts for economic reasons then you cannot do shite about it. Many Mizoram villages are developed, clean, and modern because of Christian moneys flowing in. Has anyone stopped it? No. So it is happening now. So, what is new with Taiwanese recruitment. On the other hand Japanese look at recruiting all of north east including Assamese without looking at religion. Different countries have different policies. We have CAA too.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Let alone the outcome, the fact that someone in this day and age has such a mentality speaks volumes about their society.Taiwanese are not the innocent type they pretend to be.

In fact, all the East Asians and our dear Friend Russia and their adversary Ukraine are among the most venomously racist people in the world.
Dude…stop being a sjw . No one gives a crap about racism in reality. They just want to be politically correct. Underneath it all, there is a lot of favoritism and racism. It is human nature. Will be difficult to prevent or legislate away.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
This is just face saving. Only people that are comfortable for Taiwanese will be recruited eventually, which means East Asian-looking Christians. These are most likely for high touch family jobs like nursing, elder care, nannies etc I think.
Selecting a particular ethnicity and religion from India is very dangerous for us, as this will be used to then foster separatist groups of that ethnicity in the host country. Taiwan is a US "ally" and the CIA will be all over the north east migrants if it goes the way their minister said. If on the other hand they get a general mix of Indians, this risk becomes non existent.

For the Taiwanese this may be a simple matter of wanting people who look like them, but there will be other games played by the usual suspects.

zathura98

Country flag

adding cotton to the list , a move to improve textile industry??

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Selecting a particular ethnicity and religion from India is very dangerous for us, as this will be used to then foster separatist groups of that ethnicity in the host country. Taiwan is a US "ally" and the CIA will be all over the north east migrants if it goes the way their minister said. If on the other hand they get a general mix of Indians, this risk becomes non existent.

For the Taiwanese this may be a simple matter of wanting people who look like them, but there will be other games played by the usual suspects.
It is. But my point is this is already happening in several areas in India. Until we get richer and people get good jobs such things will continue to happen. Becoming a developed nation is not a joke. There is a lot of racism involved in all businesses. By racism I mean people like to work with or comfortable with people that look like them and have similar faith/values. You can see this in marriage, hiring people etc. I am not saying it is a good thing. I am saying it is human nature. It exists and is pretty difficult to stop it. People will give some BS when confronted with selection bias issues but ultimately they will continue to have those biases.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
It is. But my point is this is already happening in several areas in India. Until we get richer and people get good jobs such things will continue to happen. Becoming a developed nation is not a joke. There is a lot of racism involved in all businesses. By racism I mean people like to work with or comfortable with people that look like them and have similar faith/values. You can see this in marriage, hiring people etc. I am not saying it is a good thing. I am saying it is human nature. It exists and is pretty difficult to stop it. People will give some BS when confronted with selection bias issues but ultimately they will continue to have those biases.
Then we should be thankful that the countries we emigrated to didn't have such skin colour and religious policies for giving visas to Indians. If something is worth criticism then it should be criticized.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Regardless of relations with India, I am getting very nervous regarding China's complete inability to push through the middle income trap and what it means for India.

They have already done a lot of things that we only fantasize about, such as building world class cities, bringing the entire manufacturing of the world to their country, having a large MIC, having decent education and healthcare throughout their country, largest high speed rail network, and the 2nd largest R&D spending in the world + stealing of tech.

Yet now they have practically stagnated. Their unemployment is rising, their youth is getting hopeless, real estate sector is collapsing, and most figures they release are bogus. If they have fallen flat in their growth despite all of their achievements, I'm getting nervous about what India's prospects are if we ever reach 10 trillion.

Are there things India is doing better that will allow us to avoid the middle income trap?

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Then we should be thankful that the countries we emigrated to didn't have such skin colour and religious policies for giving visas to Indians. If something is worth criticism then it should be criticized.
Yes. Only in hi-tech industries run professionally such practices don’t occur. But in private companies or family owned companies in the west, especially in traditional companies, such bias occurs. Being white Christian definitely has a positive effect. Indians mostly work at professionally run companies in the US and elsewhere. So they are not subject to selection bias though some caste bias got prosecuted in companies like CISCO. Similarly, Mexicans, Punjabis control certain businesses in amreeka and kaneda, and it is difficult for whites to work there.
Then there are other groupings - top executives of Fortune 500 companies are 70-80% white Christian male even now. Stock traders in banks, hedge funds etc are almost 90% white Christian males. It is simply the network effect. People hire from their own networks.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Regardless of relations with India, I am getting very nervous regarding China's complete inability to push through the middle income trap and what it means for India.

They have already done a lot of things that we only fantasize about, such as building world class cities, bringing the entire manufacturing of the world to their country, having a large MIC, having decent education and healthcare throughout their country, largest high speed rail network, and the 2nd largest R&D spending in the world + stealing of tech.

Yet now they have practically stagnated. Their unemployment is rising, their youth is getting hopeless, real estate sector is collapsing, and most figures they release are bogus. If they have fallen flat in their growth despite all of their achievements, I'm getting nervous about what India's prospects are if we ever reach 10 trillion.

Are there things India is doing better that will allow us to avoid the middle income trap?
Crossing middle income trap requires huge amounts of entrepreneurial activity and/or commodity boom. We don’t have commodity boom. So massive employment generation by entrepreneurs decade after decade is needed. That requires government to have the most liberal policies for business, R&D etc with minimal corruption in big transactions like in real estate, government services etc. Finally there needs to be aspirations where people consume much more than what is necessary to become highly upper income. And of course the population has to considerably decline and rupee appreciates a lot. Highly improbable for a few decades for India.

omaebakabaka

We will do even worse if we copy that nonsense like GDP chasing, western economic model is fundamentally against nature and planet and basic social structure. They prosper by plundering others in most cruel ways. Few good sideeffects like innovation in a material sense can be copied along with few other things but its a fatal model for everyone.

One should always live in harmony with natural system and sanathan prescribes it very beautifully how material growth can coexist in a contentful system.

slayingheaven

Country flag

Again what is "developed country" criteria you refer to, instead of this developed vs developing vague notion, we should come up with parameters. Parameter-1: Citizens are able to access healthcare without bankrupting themselves like USA, Score 1-10 ;Parameter-2: Citizens are able to breathe clean air and drink pure water; Parameter-3: Citizens are able to have unpolluted food whether chemicals or microplastics(india can score gutter zero here despite producing surplus food; Parameter-4: India is able to generate sufficient electricity. We should come up with this score, because USA is developed country but it doesn't fit some criteria like Healthcare, South Korea is developed country but its working conditions is a lot to be undesired. What is the use of all your wealth and Per capita gdp figures if your country citizens die due to lack of affordable healthcare. Hence that middle income trap can make lesser sense in broader population countries like greater than 300M.

slayingheaven

Country flag
Crossing middle income trap requires huge amounts of entrepreneurial activity and/or commodity boom. We don’t have commodity boom. So massive employment generation by entrepreneurs decade after decade is needed. That requires government to have the most liberal policies for business, R&D etc with minimal corruption in big transactions like in real estate, government services etc. Finally there needs to be aspirations where people consume much more than what is necessary to become highly upper income. And of course the population has to considerably decline and rupee appreciates a lot. Highly improbable for a few decades for India.
I partly agree with you. But in broader sense everything is possible only when you burn "ENERGY". We don't have any opportunity to burn ENERGY like Western countries who once plundered across continents "CONSISTENTLY FOR CENTURIEs", not do we have purchasing power to "BRUTE FORCE IN A BURST" or Speed Run Energy Consumption like Chink Cockroaches. The only thing that can save our asses is Nuclear Energy for which the mf are taking so long time. All the things you said is possible only when Nation(which i see as an organism) can generate self-sufficient energy. You don't need perpetual consumption of Material things(Unlike Energy where stopping burning means decline) to increase your economy. Your statement on people consuming much more is natural afterall who doesn't consume shit, but going it extreme materialistic way like South Korea is pretty harmful and will break societies.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Again what is "developed country" criteria you refer to, instead of this developed vs developing vague notion, we should come up with parameters. Parameter-1: Citizens are able to access healthcare without bankrupting themselves like USA, Score 1-10 ;Parameter-2: Citizens are able to breathe clean air and drink pure water; Parameter-3: Citizens are able to have unpolluted food whether chemicals or microplastics(india can score gutter zero here despite producing surplus food; Parameter-4: India is able to generate sufficient electricity. We should come up with this score, because USA is developed country but it doesn't fit some criteria like Healthcare, South Korea is developed country but its working conditions is a lot to be undesired. What is the use of all your wealth and Per capita gdp figures if your country citizens die due to lack of affordable healthcare. Hence that middle income trap can make lesser sense in broader population countries like greater than 300M.
There's never been a set definition for a developed country, but you know it when you see it, and you know a developing country when you see it.

A very basic criteria is where you cannot see a single child labourer or beggar, and where all children are housed, fed and given adequate education regardless of what happened to their parents. All the homeless in the west are adults, you won't see children begging on the roads like in India and most of the developing world. And high school teenagers doing part time work at McDonald's doesn't count as child labour.

A developed country is also where people in trade professions like plumbers, electricians, construction workers and truck drivers enjoy a middle class to upper middle class lifestyle similar to engineers.

Developed countries today have serious problems of their own, and the US and South Korea are two of the worst examples. Better examples are Scandinavian countries, France, Germany before 2022, Austria, Netherlands etc. Of course there's a scale difference, but the EU overall is 500 million people which is no small number.

I would consider a country with even Poland's and Czech Republic's current living standards as a developed country.

But to get a true picture of what I mean by developed country, one will have to look at 1950s America where even a car mechanic could afford a suburban home, support a family of 5 with one income, and not pay too much for healthcare and education for his kids. Of course, segregation was a major problem then, but you get the picture. The US dropped the ball during the 1970s.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

There's never been a set definition for a developed country, but you know it when you see it, and you know a developing country when you see it.

A very basic criteria is where you cannot see a single child labourer or beggar, and where all children are housed, fed and given adequate education regardless of what happened to their parents. All the homeless in the west are adults, you won't see children begging on the roads like in India and most of the developing world. And high school teenagers doing part time work at McDonald's doesn't count as child labour.

A developed country is also where people in trade professions like plumbers, electricians, construction workers and truck drivers enjoy a middle class to upper middle class lifestyle similar to engineers.

Developed countries today have serious problems of their own, and the US and South Korea are two of the worst examples. Better examples are Scandinavian countries, France, Germany before 2022, Austria, Netherlands etc. Of course there's a scale difference, but the EU overall is 500 million people which is no small number.

I would consider a country with even Poland's and Czech Republic's current living standards as a developed country.

But to get a true picture of what I mean by developed country, one will have to look at 1950s America where even a car mechanic could afford a suburban home, support a family of 5 with one income, and not pay too much for healthcare and education for his kids. Of course, segregation was a major problem then, but you get the picture.
Lol, you are making me laugh now. Just wait a little bit and see these countries spiral along shitholes....they justify the worst of things like they are doing nazism in Ukraine now as they get into situations where their system faults can't be sustained anymore with plundering others. You are just attracted to what you can see in the recent last century or so.....innovation occured in China and India too in a different period but based on different model. Spice's are not really spices but more of ayurveda knowledge exchange. Not every child needs a college degree, best period in US, most people did not have college degree's. Degree has less value than candy now a days in most of the world.

slayingheaven

Country flag

But to get a true picture of what I mean by developed country, one will have to look at 1950s America where even a car mechanic could afford a suburban home, support a family of 5 with one income, and not pay too much for healthcare and education for his kids. Of course, segregation was a major problem then, but you get the picture. The US dropped the ball during the 1970s.
Blud, every developed country sat on Treasure trove of natural resources or exploited it by undermining others. You won't call US a developed country if you were in 1950s as a black man. Segregation was outlawed in 1964 for all the Muh USA's Hooman Rights rhetoric. Again as i say your USA example is wrong and can't be compared, its like a bunch of elite Indias go to "NeverseenLand" butcher the natives and own the vast resources. Compare the starting points of both countries in terms of resources.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Blud, every developed country sat on Treasure trove of natural resources or exploited it by undermining others. You won't call US a developed country if you were in 1950s as a black man. Segregation was outlawed in 1964 for all the Muh USA's Hooman Rights rhetoric. Again as i say your USA example is wrong and can't be compared, its like a bunch of elite Indias go to "NeverseenLand" butcher the natives and own the vast resources. Compare the starting points of both countries in terms of resources.
Which is why I mentioned modest examples like Czech Republic. And this is not about how the US got there, this is about a general picture of what a developed country is and how India can break through the middle income trap if at all. The discussion is getting very random and I am taking this back to what are some points where India is doing things better than China did.

BTW, every serious politician and advisor like Ashwini Vaishnav, Sanjeev Sanyal and Piyush Goyal has mentioned India's ultimate goal of reaching 30 trillion in current prices, which fits the conventional picture of a developed country.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles