Indian Economy: News and Discussion

karn

Country flag
Whatever this labor like Masons,Wood workers, Painters etc, they are worst in skill than in some sub-saharan shitholes. There are no rules or proper procedures. Even if they are paid on the level of developed countries they would rather drink themselves to death than save a few day savings and buy a proper tool. They don't know standards. As of now, me being in top 10 Engineering college in India, there are construction of new buildings ongoing with one already completed. The finished one interior is extremely rough, there is paint blobs or whatever on Male Urinals along with Tiles. The tiles have gap within them and all the unwanted shit stuck there. Don't have commonsense of covering tiles and urinals while painting. All of the workers look like chapris with skinny torn jeans and shit. Again, One worker is observed cutting rebars without eye or hand protection, and there's a lack of masks or helmets to address dust concerns. Beyond safety issues, during a prior electrical work contract to add sockets in a hostel, an electrician with a costly Oneplus device used a drilling machine with loose wires instead of a proper plug. He wore no protection like gloves or boots. His hammer literally looks like my grandfathers old hammer to nail things. If you see videos of other country workmen they would look extremely well done. They follow rules and simple things like covering shit while painting or not spraying putti blobs everywhere. The situation suggests a systemic problem, with both the system and workers displaying deficiencies. It goes beyond blaming bureaucrats. Once we hired a plumber who charged 350 rupees to change a water tap, emphasizing the prevalence of greedy and unskilled service providers.
Lol your post is prime example of white collar elitism.
In the US people do their own plumbing / electrical work and construction most times to avoid paying for expensive sevices . If our blue collar workers are so incompetent the white collar ones can do their own maintenance.

karn

Country flag
As Karn mentioned, there are tons of Jobs outside the swanky IT offices. But the obsession is mostly with the IT field.
You can earn more money in many fields but everyone wants the tried and tested path of IT. IT has become the new Govt job.
It isn't IT office .. It is just "office" ..

mamamia12

Lol your post is prime example of white collar elitism.
In the US people do their own plumbing / electrical work and construction most times to avoid paying for expensive sevices . If our blue collar workers are so incompetent the white collar ones can do their own maintenance.
Sorry for arguing. Next time, if there is any replacement or extension need to be done in our hostel. We students from our Electrical Engineering department shall try to do that.

LudoLalit

Whatever this labor like Masons,Wood workers, Painters etc, they are worst in skill than in some sub-saharan shitholes. There are no rules or proper procedures. Even if they are paid on the level of developed countries they would rather drink themselves to death than save a few day savings and buy a proper tool. They don't know standards. As of now, me being in top 10 Engineering college in India, there are construction of new buildings ongoing with one already completed. The finished one interior is extremely rough, there is paint blobs or whatever on Male Urinals along with Tiles. The tiles have gap within them and all the unwanted shit stuck there. Don't have commonsense of covering tiles and urinals while painting. All of the workers look like chapris with skinny torn jeans and shit. Again, One worker is observed cutting rebars without eye or hand protection, and there's a lack of masks or helmets to address dust concerns. Beyond safety issues, during a prior electrical work contract to add sockets in a hostel, an electrician with a costly Oneplus device used a drilling machine with loose wires instead of a proper plug. He wore no protection like gloves or boots. His hammer literally looks like my grandfathers old hammer to nail things. If you see videos of other country workmen they would look extremely well done. They follow rules and simple things like covering shit while painting or not spraying putti blobs everywhere. The situation suggests a systemic problem, with both the system and workers displaying deficiencies. It goes beyond blaming bureaucrats. Once we hired a plumber who charged 350 rupees to change a water tap, emphasizing the prevalence of greedy and unskilled service providers.
except safety other points are bs, in delhi my neighbour is getting some work done and they have done a pretty good job till now,

karn

Country flag
Sorry for arguing. Next time, if there is any replacement or extension need to be done in our hostel. We folks from our own Electrical Engineering department shall try to do that.
Please do and post results .
We will get the next iteration of the joke"how many electrical engineers does it take to replace a light bulb".

SKC

Country flag
Iam talking about common sense of not covering shit while painting or using plugs instead of loose wires at the basic level. We can talk about standards later once they moved from sub-par to okayish.
You will get what you pay!

Do you have any credible study done to compare the level and standard of these services in West and in Indian Sub-continent??

I should believe you simply because you posted on this thread??

mamamia12

Do you have any credible study done to compare the level and standard of these services in West and in Indian Sub-continent??

Okay you win. Bye, I was hallucinating all the while. Our's is as great as West. Thank you.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

He is talking about Gormint L1 corrupt contractors building the engineering college (assuming it is gormint college). If private college, then the owners are doing a bad job as many private universities hostels have decent infrastructure these days especially for NRI students. One of my cousins studies in Manipal and his hostels are simple but good. But the NRI hostels have ACs. So we are trying to get him into NRI hostel 😀

karn

Country flag
He is talking about Gormint L1 corrupt contractors building the engineering college (assuming it is gormint college). If private college, then the owners are doing a bad job as many private universities hostels have decent infrastructure these days especially for NRI students. One of my cousins studies in Manipal and his hostels are simple but good. But the NRI hostels have ACs. So we are trying to get him into NRI hostel 😀
Yeah we get this govmint contracts sucks point but it always comes down to you get what you pay for . Some folks expect elite level carpentry for their apartments while paying what amounts to 1.2 LPA in a tier 1 city. Labour aggregators like urban clap and just dial are improving things but we have a long way to go .. You mentioned IT .. Imagine the IT nijjer with 100 open issues complaining about the few things his builders team screwed up/

thebakofbakchod

Okay you win. Bye, I was hallucinating all the while. Our's is as great as West. Thank you.
People in this forum either don't live in India or have become too used to shoddy work. This gem of a reel came to my feed today

What is the combined IQ of everyone in this frame? For starters, what are they doing with such a tiny brush? Even for my house walls, I use a bigger brush. Did no one stop for even 1 second and realise using a brush like the one below will not only make their jobs much easier, but also allow paint to be evenly spread to a larger surface? This is not even getting to the idiotic location and quality of that road hump on what looks like a main road.

1707444399190.png

You can extend this jugaad rubbish to every single aspect of society

thebakofbakchod

What are your thoughts on this? This company seem to be reselling rebadged aliexpress mouses at almost 2 times the price. This is a small bag manufacturing company that has a smaller setup for mouses

Either this is just a front to resell imported goods, or they are assembling CKDs of these mouses here. Either way produly boasting that this is "made in India" sums up everything wrong with the general trend of the movement.

thebakofbakchod

This is their bag manufacturing division. Again this is a very small company. Look at how much labour they are employing. This is why India should be focusing 200% on setting up 100s of these factories all over the country (bags and luggages, shoes, RMG, garment accessories like belts etc, makeup products, eyewear, school appliances etc).

jai jaganath

Country flag

What are your thoughts on this? This company seem to be reselling rebadged aliexpress mouses at almost 2 times the price. This is a small bag manufacturing company that has a smaller setup for mouses

Either this is just a front to resell imported goods, or they are assembling CKDs of these mouses here. Either way produly boasting that this is "made in India" sums up everything wrong with the general trend of the movement.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Folks I didn't read the specific report but have any of the 3 companies given any sort of timeline regarding their assembly of laptops
I am speaking about Asus Acer and Lenovo

jai jaganath

Country flag
Government must crack down on losers like this with misleading advertising. Chinese are trying to dump stuff in India through illegal claims. The entire company could be a Chinese front. Investigations needed quickly and effectively. Wake up babus. Do some work.
Until some ministers or some higher babus doen't order, nothing will happen
That's the state of our esteemed babus

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag

Article on PM Mitra textile parks
Looks like Lucknow region is getting one. Nice. The good thing is these parks will be built by private players. But is this all too late? Vietnam, Bangladesh, Thailand have already taken away a lot of textile business. We are still not acting fast enough to attract investments in competitive areas. Babus don’t understand the meaning of competition. They think everyone will invest in India just like that. :frusty:

fooLIam

In demo
Until some ministers or some higher babus doen't order, nothing will happen
That's the state of our esteemed babus
In democracy a good and efficient justice system can be very beneficial in these matters but alas our “dumbocracy” milords are on other hand are otherway around.
Babus are babus barring few ones they have done nothing and they will do nothing until the danda of removing from service is used in enmass

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles