Indian Economy: News and Discussion

karn

Country flag
didn't understand this logic, can you elaborate a bit.
is there an assumption that central govt funds projects outside of it's domain?
It's a perception thing .. listen to any gadkat interview ..
"We are making from Delhi to x from Delhi to y from Delhi to z etc etc oh also there is a road form blore to Chennai.."
This hyper focus on Delhi serving infra even I find undesirable. And on top that appturds be like we are not getting central funds based on our tax level ..

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The West Cost Refinery Update.

The Local Administration has put up barriers in Designated areas. The Soil Testing and Preliminary survey has started from Today.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The
How much these startups spend to earn ₹1

1 . Urban company - 2.34
2 . Cred - 7.26.
3 . PhonePe - 2.1.
4 PayTm - 1.5.
5 . Flipkart - 1.4.
6 . Meesho - 2.0.
7 . Swiggy -₹1.7.
8 . Zomato -₹1.48.
9 . ShareChat - 8.2.
10 . Josh - 3.3.
11 . Unacademy -₹4.8.
12 . Physics-Wallah - 0.44
13 . Dream11 -₹0.98.
Ya'll Nibbiars Correction, The CRED is 726, it's the ultimate cash burners.

vishnugupt

Country flag
NITI Aayog scrapped the project afaik
Then it must be not feasible. At least they didn't cancel in support of Rickshaw wala or under stupid chutiyapa.

Take a example:- If there is metro in Goa their tourism will increase many folds. Taxi walas are worse in Goa.
But Government care more about these thugs than development. This is universal in all state capitals except Delhi.

Concard

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Correction, The CRED is 726, it's the ultimate cash burners.
I am still wondering how and when CRED will start making profit. I don't see anything CRED has which cannot be replicated by others in future. It is just an app. It's highly overvalued for the revenue it generates. The last reported revenue figures for 2022 is 393 crore. And it's losses are at 1279 crore in 2022. I believe CRED is going nowhere until it starts to generate significant revenue if it wants to command a valuation of $6.4 billion. Their business model is shaky. I will still hold my judgement about CRED. I hope it succeeds for it's own sake and for the startup ecosystem of India.

vishnugupt

Country flag
"We are making from Delhi to x from Delhi to y from Delhi to z etc etc oh also there is a road form blore to Chennai.."
This hyper focus on Delhi serving infra even I find undesirable. And on top that appturds be like we are not getting central funds based on our tax level ..
Because, Land acquisition should be done by states. Central can only fund, partially or fully.

People are more interested trending #ModiGoBack rather than facilitating work. Regional parties want more suffering to their people in order to blame Centre.

Indrajit

Country flag
Thanks to TN politicians, even that is crawling. I agree with you that Mr.Gadkari should have picked up more metros other than Delhi, especially Mumbai & Bangalore..maybe even Hyderabad (Chennai & Kolkata are run by nutters who will cut off their own noses to spite the centre) to limit the perception issue you raised even if Delhi does come under central overview.

GigaChadBharatiya

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The West Cost Refinery Update.

The Local Administration has put up barriers in Designated areas. The Soil Testing and Preliminary survey has started from Today.
Bille whats the status of land acquisition? How much is required and how much is acquired and how much has bottlenecks

IndianHawk

Country flag

Reliance enters toy manufacturing.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Delhi is the linchpin which connects multiple states together. UP , Rajasthan, haryana, Punjab and uttarakhand.
Being at the centre of these states Delhi naturally demands more infrastructure given the population involved. Also being the great Indian plan allows for fatser and cheaper infra build up compares to Peninsular platue of the south.

Continuous plans are the reasons why UP now has its entire length covered with expressways. And soon bihar and Bengal will have total expressway connectivity to Delhi and beyond.
Similarly dfc are being executed in northern planes first.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The
How much these startups spend to earn ₹1

1 . Urban company - 2.34
2 . Cred - 7.26.
3 . PhonePe - 2.1.
4 PayTm - 1.5.
5 . Flipkart - 1.4.
6 . Meesho - 2.0.
7 . Swiggy -₹1.7.
8 . Zomato -₹1.48.
9 . ShareChat - 8.2.
10 . Josh - 3.3.
11 . Unacademy -₹4.8.
12 . Physics-Wallah - 0.44
13 . Dream11 -₹0.98.
Is that 1 rupee in profit, after all expenses, or 1 rupee in total?

karn

Country flag
Delhi is the linchpin which connects multiple states together. UP , Rajasthan, haryana, Punjab and uttarakhand.
Being at the centre of these states Delhi naturally demands more infrastructure given the population involved. Also being the great Indian plan allows for fatser and cheaper infra build up compares to Peninsular platue of the south.

Continuous plans are the reasons why UP now has its entire length covered with expressways. And soon bihar and Bengal will have total expressway connectivity to Delhi and beyond.
Similarly dfc are being executed in northern planes first.
Sure thats cool .And every state south of madhya pradesh (and including madhya pradesh) will be like what about us ?And the geography point is moot since roadways are being built in far more formidable terrain of the north east and kashmir. Considering that there is no ongoing project to link every southern capital + mumbai in this level of expressways is a head scratching moment for citizens not living in the northern plains.
Especially considering they are the far more economically developed.

angryIndian

Country flag
The moment its starts all the tribal + environmentalist RR will start and Odisha eill cancel the project.
The communist who have no stakes in the state fomented trouble and created the POSCO fiasco and succeeded in it. But this time around the BJD government has strong plans to counter them.
They won't be able to play the tribal card again.

Frankly speaking,All these National parties be it Congress, BJP or Communists are nothing but a bane to Odiya People and the state of Odisha.Though I am not fond of Naveen Pattnaik but he has to be appreciated for the fact that he built the state from an absolutely dilapidated condition without much assistance from the center. Just the last month he announced the construction of metro rail from the state's own funds.

Vinash

Country flag
Not a marvel. That's just what happens when you have the same policies for 30 years enforced by 1 party i.e CCP with help of USA + Europe investment.

It's not that China did a marvel, it's just that others were more interested in dumb stuff like Dumbocracy where getting to power becomes more important and Political parties are more interested in sabotaging projects created by previous Governments instead of continuing them.

One of the best recent examples is of "Amaravathi" capital in Andhra.

TDP spent 2014-2019 on the capital city. Jagan comes to power in 2019 and completely stops all the construction and shifts the capital. That's literally 5 years wasted because Political parties are more interested in sabotaging the opposition parties projects.

Haldilal

Country flag
Bille whats the status of land acquisition? How much is required and how much is acquired and how much has bottlenecks
Ya'll Nibbiars more than 5,000 acres of land parcel has been demarkeds and fenced's.

Ya'll Nibbiars The Arcelor Mittal Nippon Steel, a joint venture between the world’s leading steel companies, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel, has shown willingness to set up plant in Konkan. The company has sought 5,000 acres of suitable land in Konkan and has shown interest in investing 80,000 crore rupees in the state, a statement from the state government. And hope it's a serious investment and not a empty talks like the Vedanta.

Global Defence

Articles