Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Guys, I was just watching a video which talks about an Indian company that has become the first in the construction business to 3D print houses in the country. Called Tvasta, this company has made its houses in 21 days, which is quite impressive by contemporary Indian standards.

These videos are a year old so I am assuming that they're going well right now.

The intro

The construction:

While the concept is not new in the West, this is not a copy-paste company or a subsidiary. They are actually building stuff from the ground up.

Do you think this could play an instrumental role in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)? Or even replicated for construction of bigger structures like offices, hotels, etc?

PM Modi ji could definitely add wings to the growth of this company & several other smart construction startups.

Bharatiya

Country flag
Remittance reliance is not good for power politics globally. They basically hold Indians, overseas hostage. Look how a tiny sheikhdom like Qatar is able to threaten and intimidate our government. Just because of this factor, we didn't threaten them to cut off their food in response or move gas purchases to Russia.
What happened with Qatar is utterly shameful. While we don't know what happened behind the scenes, for the onlookers, GOI just gave up without even putting enough pressure. This should be remembered and avenged in the future. Qatar must pay. This is why I hope our domestic companies make big in green energy and get rid the nation most of the oil dependency. Whatever we oil we need then can be imported from Russia or more neutral middle eastern countries.

But never forget. Qatar must pay.

sameer3694

Strong Islamic lobby seems to be holding up the progress on FTA. The GoI might be focusing on sound economic principles to go after a FTA with the United Bheekdom, but it must realize that beyond a point, Artha takes backseat in favor of Dharma. The attack on our Embassy, daylight Hinduphobia, these Islamic lobbies apparently hasn't been enough deterrent for the political brownie points scoring BJP to focus on Dharma first and bring the UK to its feet and get them to rectify these mistakes before they can have a deal with us. The United Bheekdom needs the FTA to materialize more than we do. It's their government that is seeking validation from its people after gross mismanagement of its economy, stumbling polity and deteriorating social conditions.
I wonder if the FTA with UK is even necessary or beneficial. It's a weak economy and its future growth prospects are very dim, worst amongst most developed countries. The EU FTA is far more important.

Jackdaw

Country flag
This is why I hope our domestic companies make big in green energy and get rid the nation most of the oil dependency.
For coal we depend on inland commies,
for oil & NG we depend on Arabs,
for Green energy we depend on Chinese &
for nuclear energy we depend on Russians.
Though things are changing not happening at rates we wish. The Adani-gate by Soros&Co. has severely dented our companies' appetite for leveraged large-scale investments.

sameer3694

What happened with Qatar is utterly shameful. While we don't know what happened behind the scenes, for the onlookers, GOI just gave up without even putting enough pressure. This should be remembered and avenged in the future. Qatar must pay. This is why I hope our domestic companies make big in green energy and get rid the nation most of the oil dependency. Whatever we oil we need then can be imported from Russia or more neutral middle eastern countries.

Qatar makes money mostly by selling gas.(LPG). Right now they are making big money because EU will no longer buy gas from Russia. Also natural gas is being looked at as a less polluting bridge fuel before green energy so at least for the foreseeable future Qatar will be there as a major force in the global LPG market. It's unfortunate that such a tiny country has an insane amount of gas reserves.

On our side we must should phase out importing LPG. Increase deep water exploration and convert the agricultural waste into bio gas.

NutCracker

Country flag

We do not import oil but gas from Qatar.
And biggest hurdle is 0.7M Indians working in that tiny country of 2.7M.
That's like 25% of the population. We need to find a way how to utilise this number in our favour.

NutCracker

Country flag
I wonder if the FTA with UK is even necessary or beneficial. It's a weak economy and its future growth prospects are very dim, worst amongst most developed countries. The EU FTA is far more important.
Week economy but has immence know-how in lots of high end critical tech. Rolls Royce , Faradion ( bought by Reliance) , Airbus.

With decreasing purchasing power UK will need lots of cheap daily utility products and electronics, maybe FTA can solve it for them.

Sayman Ame

Country flag
FTAs are almost always beneficial, on the whole or may even be limited to specific sectors because of elimination of targeted tariff lines. You'll get the idea from the following graphs taken from World Bank Database of UK's trade with "South Asia".

This is UK's import basket wrt to South Asia, the huge column is the "Textiles" category, the one which India, Pakistan and Bangladesh compete heavily. (And the article I cited, they want to target India on this and favor the other two Islamic nations). Bangladesh, since it is graduating from the LDC category, will be having troubles getting the same access as it once did with its LDC status. It becomes worse with a UK-India FTA. This is something the lobby seems to want to undercut.
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 07-55-29 United Kingdom Product Imports from South Asia 2020 WITS Data.png

This is UK's import of textiles from the 3 SA region countries. Bangladesh's export is almost twice that of India's
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 07-59-13 United Kingdom Textiles and Clothing Imports by country & re...png

If you see the last column in this table, you can see that the effective Tariff on the Indian imports is almost 3% while the other two almost enjoy duty-free entry. An India-UK FTA can significantly bring this down to nil if our negotiators wrangle hard and offer counter-concessions on their exports like Whiskey (I'M ALLLL FOR THIS lol!!)
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 08-01-39 United Kingdom Products Imports by country & region 2020 WIT...png

[ this tariff is waaay more penalizing on India if you consider the textile basket alone @8% (again see the last column for the tariff on Indian textiles v/s that of Pakistan and Bangladesh)

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 08-16-39 United Kingdom Textiles Imports by country & region 2020 WIT...png
]

So yeah, an FTA is beneficial. As to who it benefits more is something we need to see on what concessions each can take away. Our main exports are Pharma and Textiles to the UK. So if we can get 0 duty access to these, it'll definitely help us. But United Bheekdom needs to be put in its place first is what I feel.

blackleaf

Country flag
FTAs are almost always beneficial, on the whole or may even be limited to specific sectors because of elimination of targeted tariff lines. You'll get the idea from the following graphs taken from World Bank Database of UK's trade with "South Asia".

This is UK's import basket wrt to South Asia, the huge column is the "Textiles" category, the one which India, Pakistan and Bangladesh compete heavily. (And the article I cited, they want to target India on this and favor the other two Islamic nations). Bangladesh, since it is graduating from the LDC category, will be having troubles getting the same access as it once did with its LDC status. It becomes worse with a UK-India FTA. This is something the lobby seems to want to undercut.
View attachment 201482

This is UK's import of textiles from the 3 SA region countries. Bangladesh's export is almost twice that of India's
View attachment 201483

If you see the last column in this table, you can see that the effective Tariff on the Indian imports is almost 3% while the other two almost enjoy duty-free entry. An India-UK FTA can significantly bring this down to nil if our negotiators wrangle hard and offer counter-concessions on their exports like Whiskey (I'M ALLLL FOR THIS lol!!)
View attachment 201484
[ this tariff is waaay more penalizing on India if you consider the textile basket alone @8% (again see the last column for the tariff on Indian textiles v/s that of Pakistan and Bangladesh)

View attachment 201486 ]

So yeah, an FTA is beneficial. As to who it benefits more is something we need to see on what concessions each can take away. Our main exports are Pharma and Textiles to the UK. So if we can get 0 duty access to these, it'll definitely help us. But United Bheekdom needs to be put in its place first is what I feel.
The fact that Bangladesh and Pakistan get 0% import tariff on textiles while we have to pay 8.5% is ridiculous. In a low margin industry like textiles 8.5% is huge. For all the praise for the Bangladesh textile industry vs India they never mention the unfair advantage they have.

jai jaganath

Country flag
For some strange reason, SIPRI, the Swedish think tank and global arms tracker, pulled us out of the TOP 25 exporters' list.

India ‘Pulled Out’ Of World’s Top 25 Largest Arm Exporter List By SIRPI Despite Selling More Weapons Globally

View attachment 201472

A key point here in the article that they highlight more as a roadmap:

View attachment 201473

We need to find a country that can try our weapons. Ever since Armenians ordered arms from us, the war has stopped, missing the opportunity to showcase the effectiveness of the weapons.
Wtf we have increased our defence export manifold times
Or it's that everybody else have also increased their export to much larger extent than us

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
He has no market and now he's pivoting to stay relevant. Ignore him. He is known as Coupta for a reason.
on the usage of the word "pivot", is it being used more often in traditional mediums of U.S soft power(movies, news media etc)?
as in more than what it was say 3 years ago.

another_armchair

Country flag
This guy Shekar Gupta used be a staunch leftist and even anti-Hindu. Is it me or has began to be more centric and may be right leaning now a days. Many of his Youtube videos almost endorse Modi's policies when it comes to economy and foreign policies.
No matter which way he leans, he will remain a 10 Janpath butler for life.

shade

Country flag
This guy Shekar Gupta used be a staunch leftist and even anti-Hindu. Is it me or has began to be more centric and may be right leaning now a days. Many of his Youtube videos almost endorse Modi's policies when it comes to economy and foreign policies.
Drama hai, he is a two faced snake, Right-wing sells now that's why he seems to endorse Mudi baba, and has right wing articles on his websites.
Otherwise he's your typica left liberal propagandist.

shade

Country flag
For some strange reason, SIPRI, the Swedish think tank and global arms tracker, pulled us out of the TOP 25 exporters' list.

India ‘Pulled Out’ Of World’s Top 25 Largest Arm Exporter List By SIRPI Despite Selling More Weapons Globally

View attachment 201472

A key point here in the article that they highlight more as a roadmap:

View attachment 201473

We need to find a country that can try our weapons. Ever since Armenians ordered arms from us, the war has stopped, missing the opportunity to showcase the effectiveness of the weapons.
This is one sector where i'd prefer we look to the domestic market rather than looking at exports.
Especially when the (((domestic market))) loves import so much.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Guys, I was just watching a video which talks about an Indian company that has become the first in the construction business to 3D print houses in the country. Called Tvasta, this company has made its houses in 21 days, which is quite impressive by contemporary Indian standards.

These videos are a year old so I am assuming that they're going well right now.

The intro

The construction:

While the concept is not new in the West, this is not a copy-paste company or a subsidiary. They are actually building stuff from the ground up.

Do you think this could play an instrumental role in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)? Or even replicated for construction of bigger structures like offices, hotels, etc?

PM Modi ji could definitely add wings to the growth of this company & several other smart construction startups.
for now, use cases are still being explored within govt institutions. this tech will need handholding for a few more years before the market finds it's own sweet spot.
==========
Bengaluru to get first-of-its-kind 3D printed post office building

https://www.thehindu.com/news/citie...nted-post-office-building/article66720549.ece

IndianARMY INAUGURATES FIRST EVER TWO STOREY 3-D PRINTED DWELLING UNIT AT AHMEDABAD

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Taj group to build 2 hotels in Ayodhya
No joke, 2 hotels that too from Taj group. Shows how big UP's tourism economy will be.

Global Defence

Articles