Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Spindrift

Ya'll Nibbiars meanwhile the MMS, This Bag can't even hold cash worth 2 crores and it's Wirth that much.

Aur Bolo Amir Loge. Kris sense hai is baat mein?. And you are spending your whole luef to purchase a house worth less than this bag.

:troll:
View attachment 199186
The bag is big enough to hold an American Express Centurion Card.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The bag is big enough to hold an American Express Centurion Card.
Bade log bade shock
Hum kya karen
Just study hard get into engineering college if don't get govt college then go to private college as most of them go
Then regardless of govt or private college u have to get employed in a call center or bpo as they are only large chunk of job providers then attend customer query then do MBA then manage those bunch of call center collies uske bad firing fir hiring last me retirement with barely any money for living further
I am on same path
Wish me luck
Edit:- sorry for being off-topic, can move if mods want

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
Amazing

Japan - once an agricultural powerhouse (rice, rice, rice, (for self consumption) other stuff) is red and importing more than 75% of consumption. Probably they were forced to do so by the "West" - because domestic rice farmers could not be protected under whatever trading rules

Also Japanese farms were small(er) scale... I don't think that the terrain is suitable to large scale corporate type farming -
all kind of luxurious fruits grown in japan. their wagyu beef is also most expensive. even they sell one koi fish in million dollars🤑. their agriculture is different than others. we grow for common people, they grow fruits etc for rich people.

Narsimha

Country flag
Bade log bade shock
Hum kya karen
Just study hard get into engineering college if don't get govt college then go to private college as most of them go
Then regardless of govt or private college u have to get employed in a call center or bpo as they are only large chunk of job providers then attend customer query then do MBA then manage those bunch of call center collies uske bad firing fir hiring last me retirement with barely any money for living further
I am on same path
Wish me luck
Once our economy is opened significantly, there will be lots of options for jobs and businesses. We only opened little bit in 1991 and can already see the good results, china opened up much more than us and much earlier, their results are good too. Now thanks to their stupid foreign policy, people are investing away from china. We need more market reforms to attract all those investments which currently are going towards Vietnam. Once we are in top 5 or top 10 in ease of business rankings, there will be no stopping of our growth.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Once our economy is opened significantly, there will be lots of options for jobs and businesses. We only opened little bit in 1991 and can already see the good results, china opened up much more than us and much earlier, their results are good too. Now thanks to their stupid foreign policy, people are investing away from china. We need more market reforms to attract all those investments which currently are going towards Vietnam. Once we are in top 5 or top 10 in ease of business rankings, there will be no stopping of our growth.
But this is the story of max average studying Indian and it will remain same for next 10 years so can't expect much

sauntheninja

Country flag
Bade log bade shock
Hum kya karen
I am on same path
Wish me luck
What counts as a bpo I'm in a service based IT company is that a BPO?

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
While I mostly agree with your points. The difference in why these countries rank higher despite the said challenges is because the parameters of what constitutes happiness is different in West vs India.
Western society has become individualistic in nature where they don't feel the need to maintain family. We Indians see divorce as a bad or unhappy incident and the step is taken only in worst situations when everything else fails. Most of the time we try to compromise and continue the marriage. While in west divorce isn't seen as a disadvantage. They break marriage commitment on the most casual reasons and sex is freely available throughout their life irrespective of marriage. As far as depression is concerned we Indians haven't known depression for long time and it's a recent phenomenon. We face hardships in our everyday lives and come out a winner because our lives are already too stressful. The west has ample resources, less population, no /least social problems , minimum security threat. So they can live their life as they want. While a common Indian faces so much challenges in his/her life that many westerners would become depressed in that amount of stress.
Probably the parameters of what constitutes happiness is different in West as compared to India
they will now have social and economic problems with the coming of new immigrants into their countries and the realignment of the world.

Physx32

Country flag
Overall GDP size and Per capita income are a skin-deep way of looking at the economy.They do not reveal the complete picture.That is why IMF does not categorize countries as developed or developing solely based on GDP and Per capita income alone.

What matters most is individual productivity.

Example Look at Germany, It has a population of 84 million of which 50 million are in the working age group. It has a median age of 46 ie the majority of the population is in their 40s and it has a GDP of 4.5 trillion $.

Compare that to India, which has a population of 1400 million, a working age population of 800 million and a median Age of 27 and yet a GDP of only 3.5 trillion $.

So despite having a 800 million strong workforce,most of whom are in their 20's, yet our economic output is much lower than a country with just 80 million people.
What you described is essentially GDP per capita. Economic activity/population = GDP per capita and that indicates productivity.
that's where PPP comes into picture, but still not a perfect system, since it depends on USD exchange rate again.
How is PPP dependent on USD exchange rate? The only reason for developing PPP model was to get rid of USD exchange rate issues.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

no smoking

Country flag
Amazing

Japan - once an agricultural powerhouse (rice, rice, rice, (for self consumption) other stuff) is red and importing more than 75% of consumption.
This so called agricultural powerhouse had become a net agricultural importer since Meiji Restoration which was 1860-1890.

Probably they were forced to do so by the "West" - because domestic rice farmers could not be protected under whatever trading rules
On the contrast, Japanese farmers have been overprotected by their government. Without government subsidies, they would have been bankrupted long time ago. Just look at the picture below:

1680572080661.png

In the TPP negotiation, one of most important compromise Japan made was to open its agricultural market.

no smoking

Country flag
Once our economy is opened significantly, there will be lots of options for jobs and businesses. We only opened little bit in 1991 and can already see the good results, china opened up much more than us and much earlier, their results are good too.
It was simply a myth that Chinese reform was earlier than India. People have to understand that Chinese 1978 reform was just to allow 2 things: 1. Peasant could sell part of their harvest on the market; 2. Allowing private business set up in China. All these already existed in India before 1991.

Most of India's reform context, such as "Introduction of private sectors for previously secured Government sectors", were done by Chinese after 1992 to 2001.

Keep this in mind: the private companies like TATA has been there since 1947. The similar private Chinese companies only appeared around 2005.

Now thanks to their stupid foreign policy, people are investing away from china. We need more market reforms to attract all those investments which currently are going towards Vietnam. Once we are in top 5 or top 10 in ease of business rankings, there will be no stopping of our growth.
Are you sure about this?

FDI flew to China
1680573741558.png

skywatcher

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It was simply a myth that Chinese reform was earlier than India. People have to understand that Chinese 1978 reform was just to allow 2 things: 1. Peasant could sell part of their harvest on the market; 2. Allowing private business set up in China. All these already existed in India before 1991.

Most of India's reform context, such as "Introduction of private sectors for previously secured Government sectors", were done by Chinese after 1992 to 2001.

Keep this in mind: the private companies like TATA has been there since 1947. The similar private Chinese companies only appeared around 2005.

Are you sure about this?

FDI flew to China
View attachment 199219
Even a street vendor selling fruits would be considered as an anti-revolutionary capitalist in Mao era.
i_f25.png

Ugra Bhairav

Country flag
I think even this FY we won't see growth in FDI .
probably investors are not convinced that MudiJi will return with clear majority.
Well this not going to happen.

He is pocketing 300+ in current scenario.

The glitch is only in Waste Bengal otherwise rinse and repeat in other states particularly in Northern & Western.

Interesting once are Karnataka & Bihar. If they are able to hold these two comfortably, then they are destined for again 300.

Maharashtra BJP+SS(Shinde) is very comfortable only force standing is NCP, hope kaka dont die till 2024 elections creating sympathy wave.

UP this time around will be 70+ for BJP thanx to Mahantji.

jadoogar

Country flag
This so called agricultural powerhouse had become a net agricultural importer since Meiji Restoration which was 1860-1890.

On the contrast, Japanese farmers have been overprotected by their government. Without government subsidies, they would have been bankrupted long time ago. Just look at the picture below:

View attachment 199212

In the TPP negotiation, one of most important compromise Japan made was to open its agricultural market.
Well - a few points
(1) going by the numbers cited by you Japan was food sufficient before the Meiji restoration - to go from there to 75% deficient is quite a change

(2) who cares what rice or anything else costs - as long as the population can afford it -
in fact better that it costs more - people value it then & there is less overpopulation

(3) it is good for society to have your own farmers - for many reasons - & for Japan may reverse population decline since farmers tend to have more kids :)

(4) according to wiki Japan had a vast surplus of rice in recent years when the gov was giving incentives for rice production...

So perhaps my choice of words was vastly exaggerated but Japan could feed itself at some point in the past.....

Though historically they did seem to eat a lot of ocean fish .... those stocks seem to be depleting due to overfishing by the Chinese - I expect even in Japan's and everyone elses EEZ

Regarding fish... I always wondered why the Japanese wanted to hunt those whales and the Goras wanted to stop them from doing so... especially since the Japanese do not even eat whale..

perhaps because those whales sit on top of the food chain and eat lots of fish... that the Japanese would rather eat themselves (my speculation)

funny thing is that the Goras hunted whales extensively using that blubber oil to light lamps or whatever
- and once they started digging it out the ground (fossil oil) it suddenly became really really bad to hunt whale

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles