Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Guys what is the scenario so far vis a vis IT layoffs layoffs in India? Growing or worst is over?

Mereko toh aisa dhak dhak horela hai
Ya'll Nibbiars I will be the first one to die if this happened.

shade

Country flag

1. Another attack on Indian generic Pharmaceutical sector? The us. drug regulator, fda has now sent a “warning letter” to Indian pharma company Lupin ltd for Poor Manufacturing Practices and using adulterated apis. Company has now suspended production at the facility.
2. Lupin is a major Pharmaceutical manufacturing company producing both generic and branded medicines, apis, biosimilars (drugs similar to approved drugs) and has 15 plants in India, the amreekans, Brazil and Mexico.
View attachment 181541
3. Warning letter from amreekans drug regulator to Lupin Tarapur plant accuses them of • Violations of poor manufacturing practices, • Problems with claims for what a product can do and • Incorrect directions for use.

Lupin had replied to the warning letter which was first issued privately in September but fda found it lacking. “Your response is inadequate because it did not provide sufficient detail or evidence of corrective actions to bring your operations into compliance with cgmp.”
Yes, considering they used some no-name company from Haryana's clusterfuck as an excuse to tar the entire Indian generics Pharma industry, this is stage two, whether this is a part of Americunt's long-term anti-India strategy or a tit-for-tat for "funding Russia's war" by buying Oil and opposing (((price cap))) remains to be seen

In above two links you have atleast 2-4 Indian companies as top producers of Generics.
At the end of the day it is a market question, Indian generics sell because they are cheaper than competitors while ensuring reasonable quality, not because of Abba Amreekas boundless aashirvad, so if Indian pharma companies are removed, who will take their place? China? :bplease: , I know lots of mutually beneficial G2 buttsecks happens but handing world pharma to your LUMBER ONE enemy isn't a good idea.

karn

Country flag
Yes, considering they used some no-name company from Haryana's clusterfuck as an excuse to tar the entire Indian generics Pharma industry, this is stage two, whether this is a part of Americunt's long-term anti-India strategy or a tit-for-tat for "funding Russia's war" by buying Oil and opposing (((price cap))) remains to be seen

In above two links you have atleast 2-4 Indian companies as top producers of Generics.
At the end of the day it is a market question, Indian generics sell because they are cheaper than competitors while ensuring reasonable quality, not because of Abba Amreekas boundless aashirvad, so if Indian pharma companies are removed, who will take their place? China? :bplease: , I know lots of mutually beneficial G2 buttsecks happens but handing world pharma to your LUMBER ONE enemy isn't a good idea.
https://www.pharmaceutical-technolo...eport-high-reliance-indian-manufacturers-api/

Their dependence is far far deeper than just generics.

karn

Country flag
Came across some study on Informal Economy. If it's anything close to truth, then India's gdp is much larger than the official data.

https://www.worldeconomics.com/Informal-Economy/

Btw, every country has informal economy. Only, the % varies.

US' informal economy is estimated to be at just 7%. China's is at 13%. India's is estimated to be at a whopping 50%!

Pakistan's is at around 30%. Bangladesh's is also around 30%.

According to this measure, after including the Informal Economy as well as adjusting the out of date base year , the GDP (PPP) changes greatly:

1. China with $30 Trillion
2. US with $22.5 Trillion
3. India with $15 Trillion
4. Japan with $5.6 Trillion
5. Russia with $5.5 Trillion
6. Germany with $4.8 Trillion

Leaving out the informal economy, India's another problem is the out of date base year. In January 2015, the government replaced the previous base year of 2004-05 with a new base year of 2011-12 for national accounts.

So, we're around 11 years behind for a base year. Once we rebase and include more formal economy, I think reaching $5 Trillion isn't much of an issue.

The issue, however, is making the difference felt at ground level. If we reach $5 Trillion overnight, and people don't feel any change, what's it for? We're going in a good direction, I just hope we do it faster.
Let us not consume this paki level chooran of muh informal economy.
Why do you think GST is increasing far beyond economic growth .. simple ...tai ji is pulling the informal sector into the tax net kicking and screaming.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Pandharpur Tirthshetra Development.

Bids for Integrated Development Plan by PWD have been Invited Providing Infrastructure facilities in and around the Pandharpur city for its citizens and Pilgrims
Cost 2000 crore rupees.

The Phase 1 : 300 crore rupees have already been Announced.

FhaPtpHUoAEcp_L.jpeg
FhaPuLAVIAAnsgQ.jpeg
FhaPunXUcAArQ6U.jpeg
FhaPvJgVUAACRQx.jpeg

notaname

Country flag
Guys what is the scenario so far vis a vis IT layoffs layoffs in India? Growing or worst is over?

Mereko toh aisa dhak dhak horela hai
As far as I know only hiring is freezed and haven't come to someone who was laid off, some US based projects did some restructuring but not many.

Personally thinking worst is yet to come but don't worry about it much.

shade

Country flag
Let us not consume this paki level chooran of muh informal economy.
Why do you think GST is increasing far beyond economic growth .. simple ...tai ji is pulling the informal sector into the tax net kicking and screaming.
My bhaji-wala has a PayTM/UPI QR code, people actually pay using this frequently
Same with local vada-pao walas
Soon we will have Chinese style beggars with QR code also, asking for UPI bheek.

I guess in the end de-monetisation was successful

ModiChasma.jpg

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
My bhaji-wala has a PayTM/UPI QR code, people actually pay using this frequently
Same with local vada-pao walas
Soon we will have Chinese style beggars with QR code also, asking for UPI bheek.

I guess in the end de-monetisation was successful

View attachment 181719
check the value of PFCE (consumer spending ) in GDP calculation and digital payments of 2022, both numbers are available in RBI website. not sure how accurate my assumption is, but if percentage of digital payments in PFCE should mean some thing isn't it?

shade

Country flag
everyone is talking about the cost of setting up the fab, but how are the annual sales like?
They will have to find companies to buy their ICs, currently it seems microcontrollers and analog ICs are going to be produced and there seems to still be a shortage of those.
btw you don't get instantly profitable in this industry, even once you start your factory i don't think you will have enough orders to break even in the first 5 years.
You can't actually predict annual sales because we don't know who all these fab walas are talking to, or what specifically they are going to produce

ISMC fab is a tie up between Tower Semi( Israeli company now owned by Intel ) and desi company, in these sort of cases perhaps the "Tech Partner" can convince pre-existing clients to purchase from ISMC.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
They will have to find companies to buy their ICs, currently it seems microcontrollers and analog ICs are going to be produced and there seems to still be a shortage of those.
btw you don't get instantly profitable in this industry, even once you start your factory i don't think you will have enough orders to break even in the first 5 years.
You can't actually predict annual sales because we don't know who all these fab walas are talking to, or what specifically they are going to produce

ISMC fab is a tie up between Tower Semi( Israeli company now owned by Intel ) and desi company, in these sort of cases perhaps the "Tech Partner" can convince pre-existing clients to purchase from ISMC.
brought out this point because almost all articles seem to planting the idea that it is costly to setup a fab, but that cost is relative to annual sales. 15000 crores might seem like a big number, but when coupled with information say 1000-2000 crore annual revenue, it won’t seem like a big number I presume.

shade

Country flag
check the value of PFCE (consumer spending ) in GDP calculation and digital payments of 2022, both numbers are available in RBI website. not sure how accurate my assumption is, but if percentage of digital payments in PFCE should mean some thing isn't it?
It's just ezpz now to whip out your phone, scan QR code and pay with UPI, no needing cash, fiddling for change etc, no need to get out card and type PIN.

UPI is best invention of Bharat sarkar, btfo all the e-wallet kikes using this.
Americuntistan doesn't till date have a standard system like this that works across vendors/apps.

UPI payment adoption will increase even more in the future, simply because it's so easy to pay with it.
And with it, more transactions being recorded and turned into "formal" which were informal long ago :troll:

brought out this point because almost all articles seem to planting the idea that it is costly to setup a fab, but that cost is relative to annual sales. 15000 crores might seem like a big number, but when coupled with information say 1000-2000 crore annual revenue, it won’t seem like a big number I presume.
Yes but it will take time for consistent big sales to roll in, this is not some IT Coolie industry where you can get sales/profit within 1-2 years

Like you said, these cost-of-fab articles are planted because that too will probably become a "mudda" since Govt is subsidising many of these costs, e.g narrative piece "Millions of Indians are starving while these suit-boot sarkars keep pouring money into white-elephant fab projects to make their corporate friends richer"

For example this article shitting on Vande Bharat express trains as "lopsided priorities" https://indianexpress.com/article/o...sided-priorities-of-indian-modernity-8261173/

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag

I was warning about this from some time. India is also going down green fundamentalism nonsense. I hope this is just a extreme taqiyya position to water down tough targets being set on developing countries by the West specially after EUs return back to coal. This is something not achievable and not practical. It is also inconsistent with Indian energy mix planning for next 20 years.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

I was warning about this from some time. India is also going down green fundamentalism nonsense. I hope this is just a extreme taqiyya position to water down tough targets being set on developing countries by the West specially after EUs return back to coal. This is something not achievable and not practical. It is also inconsistent with Indian energy mix planning for next 20 years.
The opposite, GoI is bringing practical thinking to green fundamentalism.

West wanted everybody to stop using coal abruptly. GoI is saying we can't do that, we will do a gradual phasedown. now GoI is adding a new dimension by including fossil fuel.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles