Indian Economy: News and Discussion

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Slums in India are safer for a common man than an empty road in NYC. Indians settled abroad have a hard time believing the fact that some things in India are 10x better than their so called adopted "homeland" coz it doesnt fit their narrative of India as a 3rd world country. Currently in Melbourne and Walking at 10pm is far safer in Thane (MH) than here.

And this is not my post but some one asked to post this here is a DFI memeb3rs also par kya kare mare khande pe se pandhul se goli chala raha hai.

Last edited:

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Slums in India are safer for a common man than an empty road in NYC. Indians settled abroad have a hard time believing the fact that some things in India are 10x better than their so called adopted "homeland" coz it doesnt fit their narrative of India as a 3rd world country.

And this is not my post but some one asked to post this here is a DFI memebsr also par kya kare mare khande pe se pandhul se goli chala raha hai.
Due to gun control things are calmer but not better in india .It depends who are the slum dwellers if they are mlecchas then they are in no way safer than nyc.

Haldilal

Country flag
Due to gun control things are calmer but not better in india .It depends who are the slum dwellers if they are mlecchas then they are in no way safer than nyc.
Ya'll Nibbiars Reasons why I've come to the conclusion that Singapore is greater than Any western city.

Haldilal

Country flag
what can i say mate, there is no consensus within India about labour numbers, and foreigners throwing numbers about it is questionable to say the least.
Ya'll Nibbiars see Cleary said painting broad strokes.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
what can i say mate, there is no consensus within India about labour numbers, and foreigners throwing numbers about it is questionable to say the least.
Clear case of armchair economist.
Glorified armchair economist like that Amartya Sen are being exposed these days.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Clear case of armchair economist.
Glorified armchair economist like that Amartya Sen are being exposed these days.
in this case, not being able to count work force properly is clearly a problem from our side.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
our issue is not formal labour counting(for most part), issue is in informal labour counting.
We already started to track unorganized sector through ESHRAM Portal.
About the e-shram portal | e-SHRAM (eshram.gov.in)
Microsoft Power BI

Findings:
1. Total workforce in unorganized sector - 28 Crores.
2. Women - 14 Crore
3. Men - 13 Crore.

All recorded workers are provided with EPF account. Thus the tweets consider this statistics or not? Since I don't have any account on Twitter.

We can also try to check the sources for these type of statistics rather arguing endlessly.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
We already started to track unorganized sector through ESHRAM Portal.
About the e-shram portal | e-SHRAM (eshram.gov.in)
Microsoft Power BI

Findings:
1. Total workforce in unorganized sector - 28 Crores.
2. Women - 14 Crore
3. Men - 13 Crore.

All recorded workers are provided with EPF account. Thus the tweets consider this statistics or not? Since I don't have any account on Twitter.

We can also try to check the sources for these type of statistics rather arguing endlessly.
This type of data works for us the internet crowd, this data needs to get into academic research for legitimacy, only then it will get quoted and cited by policy practitioners.

for example, the recent work done karan bhasin & surjit bhalla on BPL numbers.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
This type of data works for us the internet crowd, this data needs to get into academic research for legitimacy, only then it will get quoted and cited by policy practitioners.

for example, the recent work done karan bhasin & surjit bhalla on BPL numbers.

Since this project able to get people inside EPF web, so GOI have some basic info on these guys. GoI should invest in one comprehensive labor statistics which give multiple insights. Something in line of NHFS.

Haldilal

Country flag

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
Just get the companies to manufacture here . Decrease red tapes , provide proper logistics . For me only these figures counts - FDI , GDP , gross capital formation , Economic diversification , tax to GDP ratio , IP creation . Everything else follows .

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Just get the companies to manufacture here . Decrease red tapes , provide proper logistics . For me only these figures counts - FDI , GDP , gross capital formation , Economic diversification , tax to GDP ratio , IP creation . Everything else follows .
India also needs to manufacture in large scale low tech things like garments, shoes, furniture, toys, etc. We need to generate employment.

India has too large a pool of low skilled workers. Need to generate employment for them.

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
roughly 50% of population is female.
70 % of women don't want to work after marriage, what to do?
Yes. Women are better off spending money of husband than slogging out in the open. There is a rural -urban divide however. Female participation is higher in villages and in daily wage labourer class where women work equally hard as the men. Its the urban females who are good for Instagram selfies only.
Ya'll Nibbiars I would give you a suggestion at free of cost. And never ever marry a working wife or else your life would be hell.
Marry a working woman and atleast your expenses will be shared. If both spouses are working the family income is higher so a better quality of life can be lived. Better than a household woman who will leach out your hard earned money and you will spend your life dragging your ass in the office while she remains in the comfort of the home. Making life hell is a peculiar quality of women and they can achieve it irrespective of whether they are working or housewife
:yawn:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles