Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Encounter after Encounter I now have so much respect for the OFB MPV. I used to think that OFB MPV was Piece of junk after what happened to the Vehicle and Jawans in the Sukuma IED attack by Left-Wing Terrorists but now I changed my mind. It was one of the best decisions of the Government to give the Army this Vehicle for Counter-Insurgency operations in Kashmir. I hope they keep upgrading these vehicles to match international Protection Standards and continue to use vehicles based on similar platform to the MPV.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
After Encounter and Encounter I now have so much respect for the OFB MPV. I used to think that OFB MPV was Piece of junk after what happened in the Sukuma IED attack by Left-Wing Terrorists but now I changed my mind. It was one of the best decisions of the Government to give the Army this Vehicle for Counter-Insurgency operations in Kashmir. I hope they keep upgrading these vehicles to match international Protection Standards.
yes, South African design, Tata Engines, tires made by someone and steel by others, ........ !!! Now Mahindras and TATA are also making such vehicles..

What is of OFV in that ... only commission and profiting from the Army..

However, I agree that MPVs are good for the urban terrain of the Kashmir valley with an excellent network of roads (one of the best in India where even every suburb and village are connected by road) in a small arms environment and against light IEDs. Good for rapid safe movements, Road opening, Casevac and logistics.
Not good to replace ICVs anywhere or be used as Infantry carrier Vehicle.
Not good for boggy terrain of Assam, Tripura, Mizoram.
Not good for jungles of Chattisgarh or Jahrkhand.
Not good for street clearance of Moradabad. Andheri or Dharavi of Mumbai or Nizamuddin being too big to enter ghettos.

The army needs a small deidcated all-terrain wheel based ICV with huge firepower.

aditya g

Country flag
Cant help thinking that India is unable to leverage our well developed automotive industry for defence solutions.

Only now we are seeing 2nd generation of armoured jeeps coming to service with IA (Rakshak+). LSV has seen very limited orders and Safari GSV is not cutting edge. Tata WHAP languishes with no orders.

yes, South African design, Tata Engines, tires made by someone and steel by others, ........ !!! Now Mahindras and TATA are also making such vehicles..

What is of OFV in that ... only commission and profiting from the Army..

However, I agree that MPVs are good for the urban terrain of the Kashmir valley with an excellent network of roads (one of the best in India where even every suburb and village are connected by road) in a small arms environment and against light IEDs. Good for rapid safe movements, Road opening, Casevac and logistics.
Not good to replace ICVs anywhere or be used as Infantry carrier Vehicle.
Not good for boggy terrain of Assam, Tripura, Mizoram.
Not good for jungles of Chattisgarh or Jahrkhand.
Not good for street clearance of Moradabad. Andheri or Dharavi of Mumbai or Nizamuddin being too big to enter ghettos.

The army needs a small deidcated all-terrain wheel based ICV with huge firepower.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Cant help thinking that India is unable to leverage our well developed automotive industry for defence solutions.

Only now we are seeing 2nd generation of armoured jeeps coming to service with IA (Rakshak+). LSV has seen very limited orders and Safari GSV is not cutting edge. Tata WHAP languishes with no orders.
Rakshak Jeeps are beautiful Vehicles. They look good in the Army Green Colors. Lol I wish I can own one myself.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
TATA MPV, OFB MPV & TAKSHAK APC
View attachment 46610
This TATA MPV belongs to JKP. Haven't seen Mahindra 6*6 MPV in recent years. Army has few in service.
I also want to know more about Indian Army ‘s Truck Based APCs. Is there other models of Truck Chassis Based APCs used by the Indian Army? How much are there protections and how much KG of IEDs or Mine can they can handle?

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Does the Indian Army or CRPF Operate the Mahindra and Tata MPVs In Kashmir or they still in trial stages?
All are derivative of South African CASSPIR vehicles primarily a police vehicle used against land mines. and small arms fire protection. The original vehicle is longish capable of carrying 2+12 soldiers. Now all major heavy vehicle makers are making it. Can save soldiers aginst IED but not Srilanka LTTE type of IED that could blow off a T-72 tank and throw it many hundreds of yards..... Uffff...

1588185307986.png
1588185307986.png

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
All are derivative of South African CASSPIR vehicles primarily a police vehicle used against land mines. and small arms fire protection. The original vehicle is longish capable of carrying 2+12 soldiers. Now all major heavy vehicle makers are making it. Can save soldiers aginst IED but not Srilanka LTTE type of IED that could blow off a T-72 tank and throw it many hundreds of yards..... Uffff...

View attachment 46611View attachment 46611
I mean yea South Africa was one of the first countries to dabble with the idea of creating a MPV or MRAP. All Modern MPVs can trace there ancestry back to the original South African Casspir and it’s Different Variants. Most MPVs can only give a certain amount of protections. The Most MPVs in the West are designed to be modular allowing for on the field replace or repair of damaged sections and Parts.

Craigs

Country flag

View attachment 46611View attachment 46611
Add a ground penetrating radar and microwave emitter to cook the IED in front of the MRAP and then you are safe from everything.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
There was this minority commission guy spewing venom against Hindu nationalists while praising muslim nationalist iqbal and terror preacher zakir naik. As if the Gulf countries would do anything significant than occasionally barking against the Indian bull.
The gulf economies are finished for the foreseeable future. Jobless Indian expats will soon be evacuated, and the gulf countries' leverage over India will consequently reduce. Global economic pain will be bigger than Great depression, and oil will also be depressed for the near future. So, it's the Gulf countries who want to sell what little oil they can to India.
PS: 61000 americans are dead when Doland was claiming only a week ago that his model said 65000 is the upper limit.. Around 200000 americans are bound to die.. US is in for economic and social turmoil. So, they can shove their USCIRF recommendation up their a** This virus has hit the American homeland harder than any conventional war with China or Russia or an assorted group of countries ever could.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles