Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Country flag
Its an Israeli soldier firing at Palestinian stone-throwers during a protest against Israel's offensive in Gaza, in the West Bank city of Hebron.

Looks like its CAR-15 or XM-177.
Thanks it was posted on FB in Indian army page.

SilentKiller

Country flag
Interesting Photo >>

It was the first time Indian Armour fired in Anger since Srilanka War ..
When and where did it happened?
Sir, can we get details, never seen indian army using tanks or even attack helicopters in Counter insurgency ops on ground.
Never in favor of tanks in such ops but sometime they do r needed.

What i feel best suited weapon is gunships i.e. Rudra or LCH in such roles will be quite better or even ALH with door mounted guns or air sniper roles.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Sir, can we get details, never seen indian army using tanks or even attack helicopters in Counter insurgency ops on ground.

What i feel best suited weapon is gunships i.e. Rudra or LCH in such roles will be quite better or even ALH with door mounted guns or air sniper roles.
Armoured regimental camp,samba,J&K on september 26 wen 3 LET men had attacked the camp.

abingdonboy

Country flag

This was taken during the attack on Samba a few weeks back. And AFAIK the tanks weren't actually used for operations but the CO ordered some of the tanks to be relocated so as to be away from the terrorists (I'm guessing to rule out the risk of sabotage and loss of such precious assets).

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Second in command use tanks against tangos fire a dozens of HE rounds ..

Flushing and terminating tangos within hour, All three tangos were downed via 125mm HE shell ..

This was taken during the attack on Samba a few weeks back. And AFAIK the tanks weren't actually used for operations but the CO ordered some of the tanks to be relocated so as to be away from the terrorists (I'm guessing to rule out the risk of sabotage and loss of such precious assets).

abingdonboy

Country flag

Flushing and terminating tangos within hour, All three tangos were downed via 125mm HE shell ..
Wasn't the second in command the 2nd person to be killed by the tangos?

Blackwater

kunal, for counter operation,how many rounds does a single jawan carry ?

do they have 2nd weapon if gun fail or stuck??

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
not even pistol??if gun jammed or struck then
They will try to clear the jamming of the wweapon manually.If that didn't worked ot they usually will keep their heads low and will maintain a low profile until the operation is over:p.Only SF guys uses pistols.All over the world common infantry men are issued with their service rifles only.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

Guys look at the weapon in the centre.Its a PPsh 41 subachine gun wih side folding butt.Only god knows from which museum they are getting the ammo for it.I think the weapon is made in Dara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles