Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohit b3

Country flag
Why are our forces soo poorly equipped?

Honestly, they just look like normal civilians in a Camo. What level Bullet proof jackets do they get? And hows the quality of these Pataka helmets(thats what they are called ,right)

By the way, are they Rashtriya Rifiles or any of the Special forces? And these recent operations in Jammu and ongoing in the Keran sector are undertaken by which unit?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
You have been in Kashmir recently, Did you had chat with Indian Army Solider or Paramilitary / Police ?

RR is resposiable for J&K, Gatak commandos comes from RR above all PARA SF is deployed there ..

By the way, are they Rashtriya Rifiles or any of the Special forces? And these recent operations in Jammu and ongoing in the Keran sector are undertaken by which unit?

rohit b3

Country flag
You have been in Kashmir recently, Did you had chat with Indian Army Solider or Paramilitary / Police ?

RR is resposiable for J&K, Gatak commandos comes from RR above all PARA SF is deployed there ..

Like i said, my longest chat had been with a guy from Signalin and communication department. And to be honest i didn see too many "Maroon Berets" over there. AIl I remember seeing 2 at the airport and 1 in Sonmarg, around the High Altitude warfare School(HAWS).

BTW i was wondering which unit undertakes most of these counter insurgency operation in Kashmir.

The soldiers i spoke to were all tight lipped about the situation there.

Decklander

Re: ADA LCA Tejas - IV

MARCOS helped save more than 60% of all people. They had to move out as NSG had taken over and the tactics of these two very diff teams did not allow joint operation. MARCOS were told to leave it to NSG. They did not ask for withdawal. You seem to have got it all wrong.
I hope you know that the operating tactics of NSG are very diff from that of Para SF & MARCOS. NSG works on a 5 men team principle, MARCOS & SF work on buddy pair system.

CuriousBen

Tihar Jail
Banned

MARCOS helped save more than 60% of all people. They had to move out as NSG had taken over and the tactics of these two very diff teams did not allow joint operation. MARCOS were told to leave it to NSG. They did not ask for withdawal. You seem to have got it all wrong.
I hope you know that the operating tactics of NSG are very diff from that of Para SF & MARCOS. NSG works on a 5 men team principle, MARCOS & SF work on buddy pair system.
Beats my reason.
The time between NSG first engagement till the wihdrawl of marcos it was more than 5 hours.
MARCOS, i am sure would have been very familair about the internals of taj as i believe the naval officers might have gone to taj for some time in their life.
If you have a gun with you ( automatic and state of teh art guns) , sahib, and if you know the territory at least better, what stopped you as in marcos ,from taking quick action.
MARCOS when interviewed said , that these terrorist were "very determined".....!!
What prevent these group of 10 to 15 marcos to be "determined" and finish them off ...

Decklander

Beats my reason.
The time between NSG first engagement till the wihdrawl of marcos it was more than 5 hours.
MARCOS, i am sure would have been very familair about the internals of taj as i believe the naval officers might have gone to taj for some time in their life.
If you have a gun with you ( automatic and state of teh art guns) , sahib, and if you know the territory at least better, what stopped you as in marcos ,from taking quick action.
MARCOS when interviewed said , that these terrorist were "very determined".....!!
What prevent these group of 10 to 15 marcos to be "determined" and finish them off ...
In a likely hostage situation, first priority is evacuation and the fact that after initial strike, there were no more killings shud tell you that MARCOS did what was expected of them. First save the trapped and keep tangos away, after that take them on.
FYI, MARCOS have an outstanding battle record, so pls do not underrate them and I can't convince you as you are convinced otherwise already.

rohit b3

Country flag

In a likely hostage situation, first priority is evacuation and the fact that after initial strike, there were no more killings shud tell you that MARCOS did what was expected of them. First save the trapped and keep tangos away, after that take them on.
FYI, MARCOS have an outstanding battle record, so pls do not underrate them and I can't convince you as you are convinced otherwise already.

Sir, Do you have more information on MARCOS which are not available on Wikipedia, regarding their operations?

Also is he really a MARCOS personnel?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RbZp3kl0yfE/UBDZjTr8FtI/AAAAAAAACuA/JCOosWbOlr0/s1600/DE3.jpg

I thought MARCOS personnel werent allowed to reveal their identity?

Decklander

rohit b3

Country flag

That guy is a sagar Prahari Bal guy and not MARCOS. MARCOS are actively involved in ops alongwith SF units in J&K also FYI.
Oh Thank you. I know that MARCOS are involved in J&K operations, but honestly, i am curious as to in what "get up" they operate there. Do they operate in the standard army Camo, or their unique Black get up.

Also, comparable units like US's SEALS, British SAS/SBS,etc seem to do a lot of publicity stunt on the internet and media, and hence are more "famous". Being "famous" is interpretted as "The Best" over the internet. Where as MARCOS stay away from the camera as much as possible.

If you ask an average guy, who's better, they would obviously say SEALs,SAS,etc.

Can you give me an idea as to where MARCOS stands there.

For me, a country like India,with border disputes on all sides and 24/7 CT operations, isnt it only common sense that an Indian unit like MARCOS should be more expierenced and better skilled than their western counterparts?

Also, have you ever worked with any western navies?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

Sir, those are marcos, They were present in official gathering as there were presence of Naval VIPs ....

That guy is a sagar Prahari Bal guy and not MARCOS. MARCOS are actively involved in ops alongwith SF units in J&K also FYI.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
TRAP T-360/T-250D

TRAP T360 - Mounted and then Dismounted in just minutes! The TRAP T360 is a remotely operated weapons system (ROWS) manufactured by PRECISION REMOTES LLC. The T360 is fully stabilized and is firing the M240 7.62 machine gun.
Source : Ground Mounted Operations using the TRAP T-360 | T-250D | For Force Protection | Surveillance | One shot One Kill | TRAP

small remote control weapon system with sniper/gun shot detection equipment would have come handy for them. Plus less persons are needed per Jeep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles