Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayareakd

Country flag
Oh yes yes gotcha. Thanks a ton. The 2nd pic was in my mind but cant recall its name and source. Btw Mahindra APC cum MPV seems to be better than OFB`S MPV.

mahindra APC MPV
dont go for looks, go for protection. Remember M&M does not have any experience, the have done JV with BAE for this.

bhramos

Country flag
Oh yes yes gotcha. Thanks a ton. The 2nd pic was in my mind but cant recall its name and source. Btw Mahindra APC cum MPV seems to be better than OFB`S MPV.

mahindra APC MPV
the MOD always gives first preference to OFB, and OFB is not bad as you think, they make a lot of Armoured vehicles like Hunky, Funky....

Indian Humvee

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
the MOD always gives first preference to OFB, and OFB is not bad as you think, they make a lot of Armoured vehicles like Hunky, Funky....

Indian Humvee

These Vehicles are not OFB work or deign But Army EME pure work..

And not funky but tuffy

bhramos

Country flag
These Vehicles are not OFB work or deign But Army EME pure work..

And not funky but tuffy
hi bro, is their any sentiment on no 505 !!!
as they are naming Windy 505, Tuffy 505, Hunky 505...........

sayareakd

Country flag
protection is because of solid blast proof armor in 'V' shape at the bottom, this protect the soldiers from mines.

bhramos

Country flag
Your Logic is 5kg explosive flip up a 11 ton MPV..

All the IED are of 50kg or more, Even a MIA2 Heavy battle tank will die..
have you seen any landmines???
not army ones, the pic of landmine shown by me was of anti-personal,
but the the mine used to blow up MPV is made by Drum, and the rock powder is filled in beer bottles,
as i am only the one in DFI an anti-moaist expert and seen lot of maoists,
they look at us like we are stealing their food,

bhramos

Country flag
this is the complete pic.

huge crater will tell you about the amount of explosive used, no doubt it just toss the vehicle.
as kunal said, they could even toss up a tank,
but personally had so many doubts.
i have seen some were planted under or inside metal roads, does the contractors who put the roads knew about this???

sayareakd

Country flag
The expertise of the naxals in configuring and planting IEDs can be gauged from the fact that in some of the recent ambushes, they succeeded in planting 40 to 50 landmines in a series. This was done for causing maximum possible casualty, avoiding direct encounter with the security forces. "Their modus operandi is to lure us into their trap by targeting police posts and then carry out a sudden strike both through landmine detonations and indiscriminate firing," said 97 Battalion CRPF Commandant Dhiraj Kumar.

This February, the naxals laid a trap near Netarhat about 200 km from Ranchi -- where they opened fire at a police post and waited for the CRPF team. Though they had planted 42 IEDs on the way intending to wipe out the entire team, the para-military force got wind of their plan and foiled it. Later it was found that the naxals had planted the landmines at diverse places like behind trees and rocks where the CRPF personnel could have taken positions to counter the firing. "Three of the landmines contained about 40 kg of explosives that were sufficient to topple heavy vehicles used by us," said Commandant Kumar.
The Hindu : Other States / Jharkand News : Lack of roads hamper operations

bhramos

Country flag
this is how land mines are made by maoists

and its effect could be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles