Indian Automotive Sector

Gessler

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars still not impressed only the price would have factor and features at which they get. Mahindra will kill the number of the creta and seltros for sure. And Hector bye bye. The Harrier is in problem and Safari for now is safe only due to it's name.
Whether Mahindra gets the sales or Tata does, I'm still happy. As long as Hyundai/Kia lose ground in the SUV game.

SUVs is where it's at - this is where Indian companies can really churn out some world-class products for the money. Hatchbacks sector is lost to Suzuki and Indian buyer is not going to change. I don't have much faith in tata-mahindra coming up with a good sedan (I think Mahindra has more or less stated that will become an SUV-only brand now).

SUVs is where Indian companies can truly come into their own.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Whether Mahindra gets the sales or Tata does, I'm still happy. As long as Hyundai/Kia lose ground in the SUV game.

SUVs is where it's at - this is where Indian companies can really churn out some world-class products for the money. Hatchbacks sector is lost to Suzuki and Indian buyer is not going to change. I don't have much faith in tata-mahindra coming up with a good sedan (I think Mahindra has more or less stated that will become an SUV-only brand now).

SUVs is where Indian companies can truly come into their own.
Ya'll Nibbiars broad meeting are getting held at all the Automobile companies that are present in India and in that segment. After all will see some hugh advertisements camping from all firms in that segments.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Mahindra has really played this well by only revealing the prices of the lower variants and by not revealing the prices of the higher or more expensive variant so that everyone talks about how value for money this car is. The Entry level variants are priced exceptionally well and 2.5 lacs cheaper than the bare bones Safari XE. And It’s time for the Creta, Seltros, Alcazar and Hector plus sales to go down.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Raise your hands if you think these crazy prices are introductory for the beta testers.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars now what a new Scorpio priced at XUV 300 and XUV priced at KUV 100 and a new KUV priced at Altoo 800. :hehe:

Kumata

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars all due to the Thar but @Kumata nibba still hate it's. But sell's.
I don't hate thar per se... Respected behram was the inventor of thst and having interacted with him on forums.. He was a gem of a person... More so for his love for fiats.

My problem with thar is its bar bone nature and exorbitant pricing... COMMON a LWB thar with no bells and whistlea, a frame on ladder design for 14 lakhs... No way!!!!

Haldilal

Country flag
I don't hate thar per se... Respected behram was the inventor of thst and having interacted with him on forums.. He was a gem of a person... More so for his love for fiats.

My problem with thar is its bar bone nature and exorbitant pricing... COMMON a LWB thar with no bells and whistlea, a frame on ladder design for 14 lakhs... No way!!!!
Ya'll Nibbiars it's lifestyle vehicles the profit from that will be utilized for the XUV 700 low pricings. It's all a starteg. A game of numbers.

Haldilal

Country flag
This xuv stand no where near safari or harrier IMO...I see no impact in safari or harrier...
Ya'll Nibbiars Sasta hai 1.5 lakhs.

Gessler

Country flag

Ladder-frame is the preferred method for off-road focused vehicles isn't it?

Monocoque lowers the CoG and is therefore better for on-road stability.

Even the Jeep Wrangler is a ladder-frame design.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars XUB 700 has a 200 bhp engine.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Base MX variant may not get optional packs and may get discontinued very quickly in few months as it happened with Thar. It actually pretty similar Pride to the Seltros, VW, Hector and Harrier. Only plus point is the 200 HP.

Reactions: SKC

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The prices revealed is for entry level and mid variants of 5 seater XUV700 in which the diesel comes with a detuned 150 PS power which is equivalent to BS4 Harrier.

And the Current 170 PS Harrier BS6 range starts from Harrier XE 13.84 Lakh rupees. The Mahindra has announced prices of only Harrier/Creta competition and not for 7 seater Full option vehicles which might be well within 16-23 lakhs.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars upcoming cars from the Tata motors.

1 . A small city car below the Tata Tiago.

2 . A Small Crossover SUV Hornbill.

3 . A BS6 heavily updated Tata hexa.

4 . A seven seater MPV based on the Altroz but different styling.

5 . A sedan Pegarin to compete with the Suzuki Ciaz and The Honda City.

6 . A 5 seater 5 doors Tata Estate. Yes based on the Tata sierra.

7 . A 5 seater 3 doors Tata Sierra. With 4WD options and that's also with the Automatic will compete with the bare ladder Thar.

jik60

Country flag
In the above video from M&M, it said ADAS and referred it to safety. Maybe it's for the first time some Indian OEM is officially bringing ADAS into its product line, but all need to catch up fast.

The safety the guy was referring to is the FUSA (functional safety ISO26262). There was also a reference to ACC or Adaptive Cruise Control feature in the video, ACC is usually level 0 or Level 1 ADAS.

There are 5 different levels of ADAS. Refer to the below picture from SAE to know the difference between different levels of ADAS and its definition.
j3016-levels-of-automation-image.png

I am a functional safety engineer and have an expert certification in functional safety (ISO26262). I am currently involved in developing level 4 and Level 5 ADAS features like the highly automated HWP (Highway Pilot) feature.

I have recently been involved with all Unicorn of automotive startups in the USA like Rivian, Hyllion, Cruise, Aptive, Paccar. I had started my career with tier 1 suppliers and big shorts like Ford.

I always do want to contribute to this thread with some technical info but due to my schedule, I am hardly able to visit the forum probably once or twice in a couple of months.

Last edited:

SKC

Country flag
By the way, on the latest sales reports I think Mahindra unseated Kia to become 4th biggest in PV market

1 - Maruti
2 - Hyundai
3 - Tata
4 - Mahindra
5 - Kia
Kia is having lot of issues. Should go down in sales even further in coming months.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars upcoming cars from the Tata motors.

1 . A small city car below the Tata Tiago.

2 . A Small Crossover SUV Hornbill.

3 . A BS6 heavily updated Tata hexa.

4 . A seven seater MPV based on the Altroz but different styling.

5 . A sedan Pegarin to compete with the Suzuki Ciaz and The Honda City.

6 . A 5 seater 5 doors Tata Estate. Yes based on the Tata sierra.

7 . A 5 seater 3 doors Tata Sierra. With 4WD options and that's also with the Automatic will compete with the bare ladder Thar.
8. CNG variants of atleast 2 of their existing models

9. EV variants of atleast 2 of their existing cars i.e. total 3 EV cars will be there from Tata.

Haldilal

Country flag
Kia is having lot of issues. Should go down in sales even further in coming months.
Ya'll Nibbiars quality issues.

Haldilal

Country flag
In the above video from M&M, it said ADAS and referred it to safety. Maybe it's for the first time some Indian OEM is officially bringing ADAS into its product line, but all need to catch up fast.

The safety the guy was referring to is the FUSA (functional safety ISO26262). There was also a reference to ACC or Adaptive Cruise Control feature in the video, ACC is usually level 0 or Level 1 ADAS.

There are 5 different levels of ADAS. Refer to the below picture from SAE to know the difference between different levels of ADAS and its definition. View attachment 105148

I am a functional safety engineer and have an expert certification in functional safety (ISO26262). I am currently involved in developing level 4 and Level 5 ADAS features like the highly automated HWP (Highway Pilot) feature.

I have recently been involved with all Unicorn of automotive startups in the USA like Rivian, Hyllion, Cruise, Aptive, Paccar. I had started my career with tier 1 suppliers and big shorts like Ford.

I always do want to contribute to this thread with some technical info but due to my schedule, I am hardly able to visit the forum probably once or twice in a couple of months.
Ya'll Nibbiars The 360 degree camera would a optional on the AX3, AX 5, AX7 and AX 9.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles