Indian Automotive Sector

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Alcazar is also a poor car. Third row is poor.
However people only buying it due to Hyundai brand name.
Ya'll Nibbiars even cramped compared to the Safari. Safari looks spacious when compared to the Alcazar and XUV 700.

Reactions: SKC

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars In quite a dramatic turn of events, the MD of Eicher and the man who is said to be responsible for the making Royal Enfield the modern, cool success that it is today, was given a shock by Eicher's shareholders.

The re-appointment of Lal as the MD of Eicher Motors Royal Enfield's parent was up for a vote which entailed a 10% hike of his salary. This was rejected by shareholders.

The this salary hike would have taken his remuneration from Rs 21.2 crore in FY21 to Rs 23.23 crore in FY22. The shareholders argued that this was unacceptable during a period where Royal Enfield and Eicher has been struggling with volumes with the commercial vehicle industry and premium bike sales both falling off a cliff thanks to Chinese Virus.

The Lal's salary would be 340 times the median employee salary and the growth of his salary over the past three years has been might higher than the 1% hike that average employee is receiving, this year.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars do you knew that the 20 percent ethanol is it compatible with our current cars. I think upto 15 percent. The why I was saying synthetic fuel is needed.

SKC

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars do you knew that the 20 percent ethanol is it compatible with our current cars. I think upto 15 percent. The why I was saying synthetic fuel is needed.
It is compatible, already in MH and GJ high percentage of Ethanol is there and cars are running fine there.

Haldilal

Country flag
It is compatible, already in MH and GJ high percentage of Ethanol is there and cars are running fine there.
Ya'll Nibbiars it's not a E20.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The dash cams should be mandatory.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars literally punch the HBX was much better.

When some one ask which car you own

Punch.

I got hit by a

Punch.

Where have you parked your

Punch.

Hey I got a new

Punch.

Oh you also own the

Punch.

I am ordering a

Punch.

sajobajo

Country flag
Punch for what ? Punch powerglide the transmission maker? The Hexa had a PP transmission and it was one smoooooth and seamless performer.
Or punches above its weight?
Or is nice and bubbly and fruity? Like a fruit Punch ?
I dont really like a name which doesnt indicate the seriousness of the product. Kite would have also been suitable than this, or as @Haldilal babu says, simply HBX 1200 or something.

Haldilal

Country flag
Punch for what ? Punch powerglide the transmission maker? The Hexa had a PP transmission and it was one smoooooth and seamless performer.
Or punches above its weight?
Or is nice and bubbly and fruity? Like a fruit Punch ?
I dont really like a name which doesnt indicate the seriousness of the product. Kite would have also been suitable than this, or as @Haldilal babu says, simply HBX 1200 or something.
Ya'll Nibbiars Tata ads looks like some interen has made that. After the KUV 100 disaster and the S Presso broken cart finally had a proper Mini SUV. But literally a Punch?.

And already there is a product called The Tata Punch.

images - 2021-08-23T170543.442.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll it's a Punch to Punch the Competitors Punch. And will Punch them.

sajobajo

Country flag
I wouldnt mind buying it provided it has decent engine and transmission options, name notwithstanding. Especially looking at the safety ratings of the Altroz and given that its based on the same platform and its City friendly dimensions.

Haldilal

Country flag
I wouldnt mind buying it provided it has decent engine and transmission options, name notwithstanding. Especially looking at the safety ratings of the Altroz and given that its based on the same platform and its City friendly dimensions.
Ya'll Nibbiars only problem is this. The radiator will get the punch. The HBX concept was better but was a show car.

images - 2021-08-23T171148.566.jpeg

images - 2021-08-23T171300.483.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars I was waiting for this car but gone for the Tiago well no problem is a face lifted and with no Niggles a tested and perfected products.

sajobajo

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars In quite a dramatic turn of events, the MD of Eicher and the man who is said to be responsible for the making Royal Enfield the modern, cool success that it is today, was given a shock by Eicher's shareholders.
Quite sad, Sid Lal has his thumb on the pulse of the market. They are already launching their single most important product (cash cow) , the New Classic 350.
I always liked the old one, despite its troubles and almost bought one in Jan. Went to TD the Meteor but the shape of the old one's was just to alluring to ignore and I did longish rides of them instead.

Haldilal

Country flag
Quite sad, Sid Lal has his thumb on the pulse of the market. They are already launching their single most important product (cash cow) , the New Classic 350.
I always liked the old one, despite its troubles and almost bought one in Jan. Went to TD the Meteor but the shape of the old one's was just to alluring to ignore and I did longish rides of them instead.
Ya'll Nibbiars Board politics and nothing else.

Haldilal

Country flag
Haldilal your thought on Ola and Simple Energy Electric scooters.
Ya'll Nibbiars don't knew. Only have a little idea about the Aether.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Tata SUMO, Tata Sierra, Tata Peregrein and The Tata Hexa BS 6 are now in line to be launched.

sajobajo

Country flag
Haldilal your thought on Ola and Simple Energy Electric scooters.
Charging is a bit of a challenge. I am not comfortable leaving the scoot unattended and plugged in at a station which is not anywhere my apartment.
For a vast majority charging remains the only challenge. I wanted to replace my parents 11 year old ICE scooter with an EV, and Ola seemed like a nice candidate if we exclude all the chinese CKDs being sold at every corner here. But we stay in an apartment, no dedicated parking, so charging will be an issue for us.
There is an untapped market out there without fancy app based subscription based thingummies, but a nice, reasonably powerful scooter, which looks and drives conventionally, charges without being a headache (imagine parents trying to navigate through App to get access to a charging point), comes with a long range and an even longer warranty and is made in India. Including the Batteries.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles