Indian Automotive Sector

Gessler

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Customer screaming : Maruti deserves this!. Haha. Safety consciousness is the need of the hour. Indians don't prioritise safety. This would never happen in EU. I swear my next car will be a 5* GNCAP.

Customer thinks to self : cost ? mileage? resale? easy parts?.

Customer convinces self : I don't drive rash. I mostly drive in city. Mostly in traffic. Accidents don't happen to me.

Customer sneaks into Maruti showroom : What's the waiting period for Swift middle variant please?.

Customer puts in a Ganesh idol for good luck and safety : Blame the Govt!. We want stricter rules. Govt. doesn't prioritise safety. This would never happen in EU. I swear my next car will be a 5* GNCAP.

@indiatester Nibba, @Indx TechStyle Nibba, @ezsasa Nibba, @Gessler Nibba, @SKC Nibba, @sajobajo Nibba, @Sanatani Nibba, @mist_consecutive Nibba, @captscooby81 Nibba, @HariPrasad-1 Nibba, @Assassin 2.0, Nibba, @Pugilist Nibba, @asaffronladoftherisingsun Nibba, @Hariharan_kalarikkal Nibba, @indus Nibba, @ajay7322 Nibba, @Nationalist Manasvi Papa Nibba, @fire starter Nibba, @Vamsi Nibba, @Dessert Storm Nibba, @Aditya Ballal Nibba, @mokoman Nibba.
I hope sooner or later, GoI brings mandatory Indian NCAP testing for all cars in order to become road-legal. I think there was some plan for it?

But shouldn't stop there - legislation that ties safety rating received to the interest rates of loans, and amount of insurance premium (both for car & accident) should be brought. Lower the safety rating, higher the cost of insurance & higher the interest on loan. It's actually fair.

That's the only way I see of ending this zero-star crap from dominating Indian roads.

The thing is, its not as if Maruti is making cars accessible to everyone at the cost of safety - it's actually possible to offer great safety for a comparable price (e.g. Tata Tiago), the only reason Maruti doesn't is in order to increase their profit margin.

Sanatani

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Customer screaming : Maruti deserves this!. Haha. Safety consciousness is the need of the hour. Indians don't prioritise safety. This would never happen in EU. I swear my next car will be a 5* GNCAP.

Customer thinks to self : cost ? mileage? resale? easy parts?.

Customer convinces self : I don't drive rash. I mostly drive in city. Mostly in traffic. Accidents don't happen to me.

Customer sneaks into Maruti showroom : What's the waiting period for Swift middle variant please?.

Customer puts in a Ganesh idol for good luck and safety : Blame the Govt!. We want stricter rules. Govt. doesn't prioritise safety. This would never happen in EU. I swear my next car will be a 5* GNCAP.

@indiatester Nibba, @Indx TechStyle Nibba, @ezsasa Nibba, @Gessler Nibba, @SKC Nibba, @sajobajo Nibba, @Sanatani Nibba, @mist_consecutive Nibba, @captscooby81 Nibba, @HariPrasad-1 Nibba, @Assassin 2.0, Nibba, @Pugilist Nibba, @asaffronladoftherisingsun Nibba, @Hariharan_kalarikkal Nibba, @indus Nibba, @ajay7322 Nibba, @Nationalist Manasvi Papa Nibba, @fire starter Nibba, @Vamsi Nibba, @Dessert Storm Nibba, @Aditya Ballal Nibba, @mokoman Nibba.
Bhai I have convinced 3 ppl to buy TATA cars instead of Maruti.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
This Hyundai I think has way too unconventional styling. I think Punch will actually have an edge here.
Ya'll Nibbiars mujhe to IGNIS hei dekh raha gaade mein.

Ya'll Nibbiars which one looks better the upper one or lower one?.

E-LNkA6VgAE0WN_.jpeg

Mardo wale Gaade
7Cw_SWv4.jpeg

Ladkiyo wale Gaade. Also @Hariharan_kalarikkal wale.

images - 2021-09-05T144200.208.jpeg

sajobajo

Country flag
The Hyundai will be based on the Santro platform in India, which I guess is similarly or even worse off than the Swift in terms of Safety. But hey..touchscreen! Sunroof to stick your kids halfway out! The mango pipples will continue to lap it up.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Maruti Suzuki India Limited on Friday announced to undertake a recall of some petrol variants of Ciaz, Ertiga, Vitara Brezza, S-Cross, and XL6. This is to inspect for a possible defect in 181,754 units of these models manufactured between 4th May 2018 to 27th October 2020.

Recall campaigns are undertaken globally to rectify faults that may be potential safety defects. The recall is to inspect for a possible defect in 181,754 units of models manufactured between 4th May 2018 to 27th October 2020.

“In the interest of customers, Maruti Suzuki has decided to voluntarily recall the affected vehicles for inspection/replacement of Motor Generator Unit, free of cost. Affected vehicle owners would be receiving a communication from Maruti Suzuki authorized workshops," the company said in a regulatory filing.

The replacement of the affected part shall start from the first week of November 2021. The company has requested cusomers to avoid driving in waterlogged areas and direct water spray on electrical/electronic parts in vehicles.

Customers of suspected vehicles can also visit the Imp Customer Info section on the Company websites www.marutisuzuki.com for Ertiga and Vitara Brezza or www.nexaexperience.com for Ciaz, XL6 and S-Cross and fill-in their vehicle’s chassis number MA3, followed by 14 digit alpha-numeric number to check if their vehicle needs any attention.

The chassis number is embossed on the vehicle ID plate and is also mentioned in the vehicle invoice/registration documents.

Haldilal

Country flag
The BS 6 has made the handling low speed traffic signal little more Challenging have to shift gear always. Same as the rest the Tiago needs constant gear shit in the One and Two. But the Tigao speciality is that it's handles well even in the third gear when facing a low speed. Here the Hond, Toyota, Suzuki, Hyundai struggles.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Hyundai 33 percent share holding of The KIA motor company are pledged may become independent soon. Alreday their Share holding from high of 50 percent has dropped to this may complete become independent.

Haldilal

Country flag
We may laugh now, but probably in the not too distant future Chini Maal will be all that we have as a choice for middle class buyers in the automotive space.
Ya'll Nibbiars this is not a mobile phone. And unless the GOI does the same mistake it done. The Galwaan Changed its. Hope Gujarat government have some sane minds to kick the MG out.

And unlike the Phone companies most of the Chinese Automotive sector is state owned expect three major automotive firms. It would not that easy.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag
I feel like I was in hurry to by Altroz and should have waited for Punch. A proud Tata owner and very satisfied with Car build and performance.
Ya'll Nibbiars Altroz is a looker no one can ignore when it's there only down side 65 MM ladden ground clearance. Should have been 70 MM Unladden Ground Clearance. But good thing don't feel and problems unlike the similar GC Old generation Amaze.

shashankk

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Altroz is a looker no one can ignore when it's there only down side 65 MM ladder ground clearance. Should have been 70 MM Unladen Ground Clearance. But good thing don't feel and problems unlike the similar GC Old generation Amaze.
Ground clearance is good enough as per me, So far havent faces any issue due to that. I think Maruti and hyundai wallas can only find major fault with ground clearance as engine ad lag issues earlier reported had been taken care after software upgrade. 5 MM is not a make or break issue for such a strongly built car. There are some minor issues which I faced but they are nothing compared to good looks and design of Cars. Almost all new cars of TATA are in a completely different league and can easily match or better features of rivals in same price range.

Not blaming you to be a TATA hater. :)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles