Indian Automotive Sector

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Eat your own words!
You never know that member hiding behind this anonymous name is!

Second, me not experienced? Read your own bull$hit post. It's even not related to reply from miles away.
Either you are not partical or not experienced enough. Who is not mature to understand limitations we face and have to work our way through.

lets start working on supply chain . Who are the suppliers for Jaguars and from where most of the items are sourced. Second then we will take a look at Indian suppliers who are into MEMS, Adaptive lighting systems, powertrains, and control systems.

Then let us take a look at softwares which Jaguar uses for R&D and production.

Our best educational Institutes do not have sufficient budget to support R&D as it is in the west.

Most of the technology is held by suppliers like BOSCH and all in automotives. Similar is the case with most of the Mechanical Industry. We have a eco system missing in India for high end Industry.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
If you have any figure to support your bs, post here, otherwise shut up.
Instead of putting onus onto me to put figures here why don't you put a complete BOM of a car along with its suppliers. Further who developed platforms and who developed core technologies.

It is time to think rationally and get out of your jingoism.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Either you are not partical or not experienced enough. Who is not mature to understand limitations we face and have to work our way through.
You are calling Indian Cars fake or giving credit to others, that's the issue.
lets start working on supply chain . Who are the suppliers for Jaguars and from where most of the items are sourced. Second then we will take a look at Indian suppliers who are into MEMS, Adaptive lighting systems, powertrains, and control systems.
My post wasn't regarding Jaguar.
Push out Jaguar, India itself is one largest R&D spender. Why trying to make comparison with Jaguar? Did anybody? No.

We just told that we have acquired this agency too. For rest, India's existing cars before Jaguar must be enough for you.
Our best educational Institutes do not have sufficient budget to support R&D as it is in the west.
They could file more than 45,000 intellectual properties and patents, bringing India into league of upper middle income economies in per capita terms, every year.
Most of the technology is held by suppliers like BOSCH and all in automotives. Similar is the case with most of the Mechanical Industry. We have a eco system missing in India for high end Industry.
Not really,
Just because automobiles are made in west too ,
You will declare India out of R&D who too does this?
What the heck is this? What's basis?
You will declare any western management technique high end just because is western? :crazy:

Second, High End Manufacturing capability isn't in one field but many fields too.

I know what bullcrap they have filled in your mind. That they do with machines & softwares and Indians do with hammers like CaveMan.
Seriously? Ever even been to Indian Automobile plant.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Wasn't that the issue of skilled labour?
Post degree in India, you need further training which is additionally taken.

[Hint: These 80% aren't sitting unemployed & get trained later.]
Was to be solved under 17-22 plan.
only if we can take criticism more rationally
We are not talking about criticism here.

We said we bought the Jaguar so it's ours now, you are making it a d!ck measuring competition with Jaguar here, think rationally etc..

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
You are calling Indian Cars fake or giving credit to others, that's the issue.

My post wasn't regarding Jaguar.

Push out Jaguar, India itself is one largest R&D spender. Why trying to make comparison with Jaguar? Did anybody? No.

We just told that we have acquired this agency too. For rest, India's existing cars before Jaguar must be enough for you.

They could file more than 45,000 intellectual properties and patents, bringing India into league of upper middle income economies in per capita terms, every year.

Not really,
Just because automobiles are made in west too ,
You will declare India out of R&D who too does this?
What the heck is this? What's basis?
You will declare any western management technique high end just because is western? :crazy:

Second, High End Manufacturing capability isn't in one field but many fields too.

I know what bullcrap they have filled in your mind. That they do with machines & softwares and Indians do with hammers like CaveMan.
Seriously? Ever even been to Indian Automobile plant.
You can check my replies all were only in regard with Jaguar. Further I never said that Indian innovations are any less than west.

Further brother 45,000 parents for a country of 1.2 billion, which produces one of the most engineering graduates, is quite shameful. IITs from which 5000 lads graduate every year atleast half of them should have been filling patents. But sadly that is not the case.
Dude , I never said that Indian people are any less than their western counter parts. It is just that we do not have enough R&D budget and exposure right from basis of our studies.

I personally met with many industrial leaders in India, formulated few business plan, tried bringing in FDI's to India. Never met anyone who is remotely interested in solving India's problem and potentially setting up real eco-system for our youth.

Anyway India is a country which never stop amazing people.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Wasn't that the issue of skilled labour?
Post degree in India, you need further training which is additionally taken.

[Hint: These 80% aren't sitting unemployed & get trained later.]
Was to be solved under 17-22 plan.

We are not talking about criticism here.

We said we bought the Jaguar so it's ours now, you are making it a d!ck measuring competition with Jaguar here, think rationally etc..
Arrgghhh. I give up. Yielded.............

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You can check my replies all were only in regard with Jaguar.
Correcting, only making "versus Jaguar" (whom???).
Further I never said that Indian innovations are any less than west.
Here's your post.
As if we are doing this with pencil & paper for designing and manual hammer nails for production.
Further brother 45,000 parents for a country of 1.2 billion,
No, this is pretty respectable.
Did you remember what I said?
In per capita terms, India has 20 to 35 times of any other lower middle income country.;)
Dude , I never said that Indian people areany less than their western counter parts. It is just that we do not have enough R&D budget and exposure right from basis of our studies.
Budget isn't really an issue, India is 6th largest spender in R&D and will increase eventually.
Remember, it still comes in lower middle income group, so it will catch up in standards only along with income levels.
Never met anyone who is remotely interested in solving India's problem and potentially setting up real eco-system for our youth.
You are again a confused guy like YouTube & Bollywood commentors mate.

You make up one thing in mind and declare it India's ultimate unsolved problem.

Not long back, somebody was bashing infrastructure more than limits and says nothing being built further. (I really don't think I need to provide anything, stats speak louder than rants, still you can ask for source).

Similarly, you are filled with the thought in mind that nothing is being done for skills.

Seriously, what those industrial leaders have to do with it? Why you were asking them? It's not their job.
Instead, you could research on government's program, educational institutions and test facilities.

India has problem of skilled labour and no one is denying but issue and it's solution is far vast and offset from way you are suggesting here.
Nothing personal at you but please...

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Correcting, only making "versus Jaguar" (whom???).

Here's your post.

As if we are doing this with pencil & paper for designing and manual hammer nails for production.

No, this is pretty respectable.
Did you remember what I said?

In per capita terms, India has 20 to 35 times of any other lower middle income country.;)

Budget isn't really an issue, India is 6th largest spender in R&D and will increase eventually.
Remember, it still comes in lower middle income group, so it will catch up in standards only along with income levels.

You are again a confused guy like YouTube & Bollywood commentors mate.

You make up one thing in mind and declare it India's ultimate unsolved problem.

Not long back, somebody was bashing infrastructure more than limits and says nothing being built further. (I really don't think I need to provide anything, stats speak louder than rants, still you can ask for source).

Similarly, you are filled with the thought in mind that nothing is being done for skills.

Seriously, what those industrial leaders have to do with it? Why you were asking them? It's not their job.
Instead, you could research on government's program, educational institutions and test facilities.

India has problem of skilled labour and no one is denying but issue and it's solution is far vast and offset from way you are suggesting here.
Nothing personal at you but please...

Softwares, necessary to complete a task, are provided by Software companies, most of them owned by the west. I gave it as an example.

Yeah absolutely budget is not the issue. Have you studied in IIT ? When did we have appropriate funding, access to Industry experts, and high tech equipments for projects ?

Yeah keep comparing yourself to lower income countries and try building an innovation based economy.

And I did my part of research both in India and west. I know the reality.

And Industrial leaders can really do a lot. A simple industrial collaboration with few colleges' department can give wings to innovation capability for a department.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Egypt makes 30 patents a year and the yearly patents have increased for India
I know many people in India who just look at technological development at west and file a similar patent in India. Just because particular organization missed filling patent rights in India.
It may not be a general trend, but there are few examples.
Though Indian diaspora in west, when given proper opportunities, has done incredible job in science and tech.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Softwares, necessary to complete a task, are provided by Software companies, most of them owned by the west. I gave it as an example.
That doesn't mean India doesn't use it mate.
Yeah absolutely budget is not the issue. Have you studied in IIT ? When did we have appropriate funding, access to Industry experts, and high tech equipments for projects ?
Comes with way of allocation, management issue & bureaucracy, not with budget mere.
Yeah keep comparing yourself to lower income countries and try building an innovation based economy.
Not comparing but we are a lower middle income country and our stats get up exponentially as our per capita income is growing fast.
Innovation bases economy isn't possible unless entire population is educated and skilled. This needs time.
Reality is reality.
India has done much more than a usual country of it's class can do, gap can't be stretched anymore. Resources for common people will have to be expanded now, without living standards of west, keep dreaming of competing!
And I did my part of research both in India and west. I know the reality.
Which field?
And Industrial leaders can really do a lot. A simple industrial collaboration with few colleges' department can give wings to innovation capability for a department.
Well, industry gives training to students and that's why many of those 80% unemployable engineers get employed.

You are talking about R&D and high end manufacturing here (if you really know about it because High end technology is a much away thing than automotive sector) which need massive investments.

Without commercial viability guaranteed, no conglomerate takes risk, only Indian government can do that. Like for now, BJP decided for semicomductor manufacturing and will go ahead with government funding because private sector is hesitant.

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
That doesn't mean India doesn't use it mate.

Comes with way of allocation, management issue & bureaucracy, not with budget mere.

Not comparing but we are a lower middle income country and our stats get up exponentially as our per capita income is growing fast.
Innovation bases economy isn't possible unless entire population is educated and skilled. This needs time.
Reality is reality.
India has done much more than a usual country of it's class can do, gap can't be stretched anymore. Resources for common people will have to be expanded now, without living standards of west, keep dreaming of competing!

Which field?

Well, industry gives training to students and that's why many of those 80% unemployable engineers get employed.

You are talking about R&D and high end manufacturing here (if you really know about it because High end technology is a much away thing than automotive sector) which need massive investments.

Without commercial viability guaranteed, no conglomerate takes risk, only Indian government can do that. Like for now, BJP decided for semicomductor manufacturing and will go ahead with government funding because private sector is hesitant.
I do not have any trust on government undertaken projects. I worked for government for sometime and was disappointed. That is why I am inherently negative about government.

Further Indian government is struggling to raise funds for critical tasks. I am not sure how much will they succeed. Though UP mandate has changed lots of stuff.

And Indian industry ghanta training nahi deti.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I do not have any trust on government undertaken projects. I worked for government for sometime and was disappointed. That is why I am inherently negative about government.
Under which government did you work?

Further, everything can't be taken care off. Both success & failure.

If Indian government has delivered monkeys in some fields, it delivered stallions many time as well.
WIPO breakin or R&D & testing facilities weren't possible without government's intervention.
A lot more can be done in tech absorbing.
Further Indian government is struggling to raise funds for critical tasks.
Again, works which are critical in your definition could be critical in only yours too.

They managed around $700 billions and many things were taken care off.
And Indian industry ghanta training nahi deti.
Only you think so.:tongue:

And now don't declare everything just because of your personal experience at a random place at random time under random government,

Patent score & manufacturing growth rate per year is enough for per year's result.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises
21-March-2017 14:43 IST

Funding for R&D

Government of India has formulated a scheme namely FAME-India (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles in India) with effect from 1st April, 2015, which is intended to support the hybrid/electric vehicles market development and its manufacturing eco-system to achieve self sustenance. Through this scheme, the Government is funding specific projects under Pilot Project, R&D/Technology Development and Public charging infrastructure components of the Scheme.

This information was given by Minister of State in the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Shri Babul Supriyo in reply to a written question in the Lok Sabha today.
******​
ST/IA
Release ID: 159613

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises

21-March-2017 14:41 IST
Automotive Mission Plan
Automotive Mission Plan 2026 has been finalized jointly by the Government of India and Indian Automotive Industry. The objective of the Automotive Mission Plan 2026 includes:

i. To propel the Indian Automotive industry to become the engine of the “Make in India” programme.
ii. To make the Indian Automotive Industry a significant contributor to the “Skill India” programme.
iii. Promote safe, efficient and comfortable mobility for every person in the country, with an eye on environmental protection and affordability through both public and personal transport options.
iv. To seek increase of net exports of the Indian Automotive industry several fold.
v. Promote comprehensive and stable policy dispensation for all regulations impacting the industry.
The AMP 2026 is aimed at bringing the Indian Automotive Industry among the top three of the world in engineering, manufacture and exports of vehicles & components; growing in value to over 12% of India GDP and generating an additional 65 million jobs.

This information was given by Minister of State in the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Shri Babul Supriyo in reply to a written question in the Lok Sabha today.
******​

ST/IA
Release ID: 159612

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Korean car maker Kia Motors to pump in Rs 7,000 cr for India ride
To set up a manufacturing unit in Andhra Pradesh with an annual capacity of 300,000 units

Korean small car maker Kia Motors is ready for a ride in the fast-growing Indian car market with an investment of $1.1 billion (about Rs 7,000 crore). It will set up a manufacturing unit in Andhra Pradesh with an annual capacity of 300,000 units. Kia’s parent company Hyundai is the country’s second-biggest car maker with a 17 per cent market share.

Construction of the new manufacturing facility, Kia Motors’ first in India and representing an investment of $1.1 billion will commence in the final quarter of 2017 calendar year. The manufacturing facility is expected to begin production in the second half of 2019, the Seoul-headquartered company said in a statement.

Kia plans to produce a strategic compact sedan and compact SUV especially for the Indian market at the new plant, spread over an area of 563 acres. The site will also be home to numerous supplier companies’ facilities.

“We are delighted to announce that Kia’s newest manufacturing facility will be here in Andhra Pradesh,” said Han-Woo Park, president at Kia Motors. The company today signed a MoU with the state government of Andhra Pradesh for the new unit at Anantapur.

Kia did not opt to set up manufacturing in Tamil Nadu (TN) where Hyundai’s manufacturing plants are located. TN is also home to other leading brands like Ford, Renault-Nissan and BMW.

“The region’s fast-developing supply chain network and skilled labour force were other key reasons for the new investment by Kia Motors,” the company said explaining its decision to opt for Andhra.

Park said the investment will enable Kia to sell cars in the world’s fifth largest market while providing greater flexibility for the company’s global business.

“Worldwide demand for Kia cars is growing and this is our latest step towards becoming a leading global car manufacturer,” he added. Kia sells more than three million vehicles a year at its 14 manufacturing and assembly operations in five countries and has annual revenue of $45 billion.

India, the fifth largest car market in the world, saw domestic sales grow more than nine per cent to three million vehicles in the year ended March 31, 2017.

Another 758,000 vehicles were exported last year when shipments grew more than 16 per cent. The country is expected to emerge as the third biggest market by 2020 with an annual volume of five million units

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles