Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Aayie aapka hi Inetzar tha🎵
OFB ka Rakhwala suits you more than me request the mods to change your username.
Also how many deals had the CCS cleared by which Army Can order stuff?
Bhai ji , username to change na hoga
Maine khud ofb ko kam galiyan nai di hai Pehle, bhar bhar ke di hai .
Lekin har baar ofb ki galti kaise ho sakti hai ?
Ammo me problem hai na bhai, army can buy from others then , there's a firm in Banglore which only makes small arms ammo.my question is to you ki , import kyu karna hai, why import?
Sena ki chale to ye sig saur se goliyaan bhi kharidenge
Your nato m 80 also , changing rifle would be retarded now ( ignore my earlier posts about buyinb ofb r 2 in bulk. )
Best option is in my opinion to continue to use insas , gradually replace insas 1b1 with latest variant of insas like 1c and replace present 5.56 mm ammo with the drdo made extra lethal 5.56 mm ammo.

SGOperative

Country flag
Ammo me problem hai na bhai, army can buy from others then , there's a firm in Banglore which only makes small arms ammo.my question is to you ki , import kyu karna hai, why import?
Only some specific ammo is imported rest have to be from MOD, private vendors will eat OFB share which they wont like.

SGOperative

Country flag
Sena ki chale to ye sig saur se goliyaan bhi kharidenge
You guys think, Armed Forces are the ones responsible for building up local MIC when in turn thats the job of MOD. If you give the user has the options obviously he would choose something he considers to be the best. If there is a local alternative then ask the babus to add that into the negative list as simple as that. If you give them option and then complain they import not their fault. There are platforms like ALH who have been ordered in huge numbers because the Armed Forces were satisfied by it, i also agree there are instances where corruption was involved but until and unless you give me some solid proof for that you allegations of corruption are of equal worth as the gfs i have(which is 0 for now T-T). If MOD can force them to buy sub standard stuff from OFB then they can force them to buy other stuff too.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
You guys think, Armed Forces are the ones responsible for building up local MIC when in turn thats the job of MOD. If you give the user has the options obviously he would choose something he considers to be the best. If there is a local alternative then ask the babus to add that into the negative list as simple as that. If you give them option and then complain they import not their fault. There are platforms like ALH who have been ordered in huge numbers because the Armed Forces were satisfied by it, i also agree there are instances where corruption was involved but until and unless you give me some solid proof for that you allegations of corruption are of equal worth as the gfs i have(which is 0 for now T-T). If MOD can force them to buy sub standard stuff from OFB then they can force them to buy other stuff too.
The main problem over here is why the heck were these issues not highlighted during trials itself?
Or were the trials carried out using ammo imported from the US.
Or was it the case that since its an import that it will rushed through trials and "jo hoga baad mei dekha jayega" mentality took over.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
Literally Armed Forces of every other country on this god-damn planet support building up of the local MIC through continuous iterative development and hand-holding.
Only in India is this BS of everything being cutting-edge/state-of-the-art from the 1st iteration and PSQR/GSQR straight out of comic books tolerated.

JBH22

Chill guys even a decent AK -203 will do the job and we will definitely get them and produce them here.

Carbine is the only area to be concern where a compact AR15 derivative was needed even there we can do with Ak derivative .

Then we have Carmel etc from IWI SSS ....

All is well.
I think we should settle for ak203 family weapons, be it SAW version or 7.62x51mm version. Even the carbine, get the whole family in service.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
I think we should settle for ak203 family weapons, be it SAW version or 7.62x51mm version. Even the carbine, get the whole family in service.
Does ak200 series have a SAW version?

Spadex

Country flag
The military expenditure of the Chinese army is 4 times that of the Indian army, and the number of the Chinese army is also smaller than that of India.
Moreover, the QBZ191 is China's own product, the price can be controlled at a relatively low level, and it can be equipped in large quantities. China has also developed its own ACOG, and each rifle has a scope in the box.
These are all things that the Chinese military can afford
It is different for India. You need to go to the international market to buy your own weapons, and the price is bound to be high. Even if you produce your own weapons in India, others will charge a high patent fee.
So what suits you is the best
"and each rifle has a scope in the box"
What are you smoking mate, Afghani or some chinese shit. Non of the soldiers carrying 191 on field have ACOG with them.

It'just a chinese propaganda live everything else
IMG_20220506_085954.jpg

IMG_20220506_090011.jpg

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
OFB had an order in Feb to supply NATO 5.56 ammunition. Infact they are supplying the same to American civilian market too and had repeat orders.

I think there 5.56 NATO ammunition supply line is streamlined well now.

Johnny Baba you may be right and that issue is mainly caused due to high residue in barrel when a round is fired. That's why western world moved to gp rifle.

The round that we use are generally used by LMG which have a heavy barrel and are not DI rifles. We need to adjust the ammo grain and quality apart from handling of the weapon.

Scar H handles the recoil better but is on expensive side that means we need to localise iy. We should also.take a look at balancing rifle or Ak-12 derivatives again.

Also fab mod for some SLR seems a good option for stop gap and be used as dmr etc role. Bulgaria can still provide side folding Aks.

OFB’s exported 5.56x45mm ammunition is using a Belgian gunpowder, unlike the rest of the ammunition where we use Indian ones or indigenised ones through ToT.
0291236D-36EE-4F26-8BFC-6CC366018C86.jpeg

Obviously the new French tooling will help increase the quality somewhat, but don’t expect too much, I don’t think they’ll use the Belgian powder for Indian orders and were probably asked to do so by the American customer to mitigate some of the known issues with Indian Ammunition.

The reason of high residue in a barrel is a direct link to sub-optimal ammunition being used. Either IA should have made sure that there was no ambiguity in their selection criteria allowing guns sensitive to sub-optimal ammunition to be allowed for contention (by limiting the competition to only piston driven guns) or must have ensured the right kind of ammunition was available.

Spadex

Country flag
I think you'd better understand the training methods of infantry first
Shooting training is divided into three types: basic training, combat training and strengthening training
Is the basic training without sight
This stage is usually used to select accurate shooters and cultivate the basic shooting ability of recruits
Only after completing a month's basic design training will the sight be used for training
Lol let me burst your non existent chinese balls, here's your most elite airborne troops + very well trained (?) And deployed + at frontline + in a hostile environment with their best qbz191 but ....

Do you know what happened to their non existence scope in the box? It was got eaten by a non existent chinese dragon.
IMG_20220506_095442.jpg

Look mate I'm not saying that chinese are not well equipped, but if u want to do propaganda then do it on your chinese websites where people with small iq and smaller penis will take you seriously

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles