Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Yeah true, probably the torque is not causing it... but did you notice the magazine swaying as if the rifle is swinging from the barrel as its axis..
Could be just the recoil, the video is filmed from behind and the magazine was much longer too.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Yeah true, probably the torque is not causing it... but did you notice the magazine swaying as if the rifle is swinging from the barrel as its axis..
i did see that, it maybe just recoil and it feels like that on video, or maybe the magazine is loose which i dont think it is, or it would have caused feeding issues. i would like to know what magazines they are using, are they bren mags are are they slr mags?

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
INSAS does not have magazine well, so Magazine "seems" to be shaking more as we can see the whole magazine

ManhattanProject

Country flag
USA is father, mother & son of DI rifles but its giving it up. DI SR 25 replaced by G28. IAR M-416 being inducted as LMG. SCAR replacing ARs in SF.

Anyway let's see, how this import will be used.
no the scars arent replacing the m4s actually the US special forces have gone back to the ar15/m4 rifles for example, the mk 18 from daniel defence. The scar-l is virtually non existent in service now, they only use the scar-h rifles as a DMR role. even the 416s in service with the seals are being replaced with ar15 type rifles.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
no the scars arent replacing the m4s actually the US special forces have gone back to the ar15/m4 rifles for example, the mk 18 from daniel defence. The scar-l is virtually non existent in service now, they only use the scar-h rifles as a DMR role. even the 416s in service with the seals are being replaced with ar15 type rifles.
Yeah one of the members had shared a video in which ex or current US SF personnel were dissing badly on the SCAR . But HK416 being replaced is surprising, I thought it was their gold standard SF weapon. Just goes to show how they keep evolving....

vampyrbladez

Country flag
US SOCOM use the standard variant of the SCAR-H quite extensively.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Yeah one of the members had shared a video in which ex or current US SF personnel were dissing badly on the SCAR . But HK416 being replaced is surprising, I thought it was their gold standard SF weapon. Just goes to show how they keep evolving....
checkout the geissele URGI its the new US special forces rifle, it a standard DI ar 15 rifle with some really high end parts.

Kchontha

Country flag
It may be the vibration due to recoil of the rifle but the precision machining or tight fitting is required. Whatever the case maybe. For a gun which fires a larger n powerful round they should have designed a potruding megazine receiver or well rather than a flat one.

Kchontha

Country flag
Special forces can use a plethora of weapons according to their mission objectives but in case of Indian one we commonly notice tavor/m4 as their primary weapon, galatz as their sniper and Carl Gustav in some cases. Quite amazing.

sydsnyper

Country flag
@Kchontha @Bleh & @ManhattanProject - I re-watched the video, it is not the angle or simple recoil mechanics. Watch the second video of the SIG right below the OFB one, both videos are shot from the same angle. The swivel on the OFB rifle stands out like a sore thumb. Maybe the magazine is not flush with the magazine slot, but nevertheless, it will play havoc under auto mode.

OFB needs to go back to the drawing board. Maybe they could start with baby steps and try to get something like this working... if not anything, its aesthetics are much better than OFBs metal tube assemblies.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I fookin love the Sig 716 mate.

I've never seen a rifle so clean, so sleek, so smooth yet so deadly.

Just look at it.

Full length picattiny rail above and below.
Rotating bolt catch be smooth as fuck.

No hassle no anything.

This

Vs

Straight out of RSS sangh Parivar.

1000 $ a piece 2 billion dollar for 2 million active+ reserve, just fookin buy the license and Mass produce it.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
I fookin love the Sig 716 mate.

I've never seen a rifle so clean, so sleek, so smooth yet so deadly.

Just look at it.

Full length picattiny rail above and below.
Rotating bolt catch be smooth as fuck.

No hassle no anything.

This

Vs

Straight out of RSS sangh Parivar.

1000 $ a piece 2 billion dollar for 2 million active+ reserve, just fookin buy the license and Mass produce it.
Are optics going to be procured for the Sig 716?

vampyrbladez

Country flag
BEL trinetra site can be procured for this guns.
Indian Army will go with TONBO Arjun Sights.

Army issued RFI for weapon mounted thermal sights (56,000) for 7.62x51 mm aka Sig 716i TREAD.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.hind...-rifles/story-QR42kFxCopLzxvMz68nNuI_amp.html

There is another RFI for 12,000 telescopic sights for the Sig 716i TREAD.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ti...0-telescopic-sights-for-assault-rifles/422566

56000 + 12000 = 68000 ~ 66000+ Sig 716i rifles in army's quota.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles