Indian Army SIG Sauer 716 assault rifle.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Just saw India Today's BattleCry episode featuring the first pics of SIG 716s in Indian hands.

Fully expected it to be seen in hands of a soldier sporting a trashy Model 1974 helmet...wasn't disappointed. :facepalm:

Weapon itself features a long MLOK handguard, Magpul CTR stock, flip-up BUIS and no optics.

@abingdonboy @rkhanna @Unknowncommando 2
IMG-20200307-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20200307-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20200307-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20200307-WA0014.jpg

Don't worry these are from training area. Equipment is way different at the frontlines. I will be sharing fully loaded SIG716 pics soon. Review is great. Recoil is very less for a 7.62×51mm Cartridge.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
View attachment 44054 View attachment 44055 View attachment 44056 View attachment 44057
Don't worry these are from training area. Equipment is way different at the frontlines. I will be sharing fully loaded SIG716 pics soon. Review is great. Recoil is very less for a 7.62×51mm Cartridge.
I am 100000000% sure that that rifle costs more than the rest of the gear (helmet vest bag).

I don't know wether to laugh cry or do what.
How tough is it to arm your soldiers with proper gloves,knee pads,elbow pads,Proper body armour,ACH helmet and proper medical equipment AID KIT?

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
I am 100000000% sure that that rifle costs more than the rest of the gear (helmet vest bag).

I don't know wether to laugh cry or do what.
How tough is it to arm your soldiers with proper gloves,knee pads,elbow pads,Proper body armour,ACH helmet and proper medical equipment AID KIT?

MARATHA LI
Screenshot_20191117-115045_YouTube.jpg

ASSAM REGIMENT
4081824_gfl.jpg
MADRAS REGIMENT
DoDTbhtWkAAkc3S.jpg
GARHWAL RIFLES
A2-770x433.jpeg
KUMAON REGIMENT
20190923_104100.jpg

GORKHA REGIMENT
DoLxRUqXkAAvmSO.jpg

NAGA REGIMENT

Pictures from different parts of the LOC. Weapon distribution is same among all. Wait soon pictures of frontline troops with new rifles will be available.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
These are from training areas. Firing range.
From forward areas below
View attachment 44059
MARATHA LI
View attachment 44062
ASSAM REGIMENT
View attachment 44063 MADRAS REGIMENT
View attachment 44064 GARHWAL RIFLES
View attachment 44065 KUMAON REGIMENT
View attachment 44068
GORKHA REGIMENT
View attachment 44067
NAGA REGIMENT

Pictures from different parts of the LOC. Weapon distribution is same among all. Wait soon pictures of frontline troops with new rifles will be available.
This gives me hope.

Some soldiers don't have any optical equipment or scopes attached.

vampyrbladez

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Then why did we purchase AK-203?

To oil the russian MIC?
1) To have control over the supply chain.

2) to have a rifle in hand, which is forgiving for tolerances built into the design.

3) we are also paying for setting up the infrastructure to manufacture AK

4) to keep Putin off our back, he is a playful mood these days. He is playing rapid chess with multiple players at the same time these days.

rkhanna

Country flag
1) To have control over the supply chain.

2) to have a rifle in hand, which is forgiving for tolerances built into the design.

3) we are also paying for setting up the infrastructure to manufacture AK

4) to keep Putin off our back, he is a playful mood these days. He is playing rapid chess with multiple players at the same time these days.
As 1200 dolalrs a pop we are getting ripped off plain and simple. and we have a pretty Decent AK Varient supply chain being built in India already why the 203 (why not the Ak12/15) specifically nobody can answer.

Putin's hayday of leverage post Ukraine and syria is slowly dissipating - what leverage does he have against india other than voting in the UNSC and threatening to give the Pakis weapons that they can't afford lol

No, to middle finger american exceptionalists and sanders gang.
Huh? We bought SIG and M4s from America and Caracal from UAE. Tavors from Israel, SCARs from Belgium, Berretta from Italy, AK from Russia,

We are paying them hard Dollars. We are not giving middle finger to anybody but bending over backwards for everybody.

And what the hell is Sanders Gang>?!

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
As 1200 dolalrs a pop we are getting ripped off plain and simple. and we have a pretty Decent AK Varient supply chain being built in India already why the 203 (why not the Ak12/15) specifically nobody can answer.

Putin's hayday of leverage post Ukraine and syria is slowly dissipating - what leverage does he have against india other than voting in the UNSC and threatening to give the Pakis weapons that they can't afford lol

Huh? We bought SIG and M4s from America and Caracal from UAE. Tavors from Israel, SCARs from Belgium, Berretta from Italy, AK from Russia,

We are paying them hard Dollars. We are not giving middle finger to anybody but bending over backwards for everybody.

Where did the 1200$ number come from?

I thought deal is yet to be finalised.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag

Democrats gang and you really think they care whether you give them money or not?
They will pull the trigger anyway, show me an example where they didn't use weapon supplier package as a plus point to armchange another country into negotiations? They are famous for it.
And one of another main reasons why I support indigenous industry even if they are not upto mark which is totally bias and trash.

rkhanna

Country flag
Democrats gang and you really think they care whether you give them money or not?
They will pull the trigger anyway, show me an example where they didn't use weapon supplier package as a plus point to armchange another country into negotiations? They are famous for it.
And one of another main reasons why I support indigenous industry even if they are not upto mark which is totally bias and trash.
Do you know any country in the history of man that has NOT done the same to others? Russians havnt done to us? We have not done the same to Nepal,Bangla,Bhutan? China not done the same to Pakistan?

What has Democrats or Sanders have to do with anything?

And any of the above is only ONE rational amongst a LONG list to warrant a domestic MIC.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
we have a pretty Decent AK Varient supply chain being built in India already why the 203 (why not the Ak12/15) specifically nobody can answer.
Yes i used to think about that alot too.

Only reason which i can see india paying for Russian Supply chain in india can be because of manufacturing faults which are created by OFB when they are pushed for mass manufacturing of the gun's.
They could have partner Russians for continues quality production of the gun unlike what we have seen in INSAS. CEO of OFB amethi Russia india collaboration is some indian army gernail.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
Do you know any country in the history of man that has NOT done the same to others? Russians havnt done to us? We have not done the same to Nepal,Bangla,Bhutan? China not done the same to Pakistan?

What has Democrats or Sanders have to do with anything?

And any of the above is only ONE rational amongst a LONG list to warrant a domestic MIC.
Yes, India to Bangladesh after liberation war.
USA senators openly say "selling weapon to another country is like gaining influence", I don't know about Russia but there are many things on which we and they are on same page so it is that it is.
Sanders and democrats have to do everything with it, a nation whose foreign policy change every four year cannot be trusted.

rkhanna

Country flag
Only reason which i can see india paying for Russian Supply chain in india can be because of manufacturing faults which are created by OFB when they are pushed for mass manufacturing of the gun's.
We have private players also making 762/39 Weapons (SSS). and If we wanted a modern AK Assault weapon why not the Ak12/15 or the ISraeli Galil ACE?

So that explanation doesnt fly.

piKacHHu

Country flag
View attachment 44054 View attachment 44055 View attachment 44056 View attachment 44057
Recoil is less due to short- stroke mechanism and better cushioning at the butt stock. Which unfortunately OFB guys didn't used in their new 7.62 INSAS rifle. I feel there is a possibility of repeat order of SIGs to cover both the frontlines. Given its low price, I think it's the best deal up for grabbing.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
We have private players also making 762/39 Weapons (SSS). and If we wanted a modern AK Assault weapon why not the Ak12/15 or the ISraeli Galil ACE?

So that explanation doesnt fly.
Trust me i also don't like this whole AK-203 deal. I'm not saying that you are wrong but their is something which i would like to add.
SSS defence 762/39 are relatively very new gun and as we know that even advanced players Like US Or UK when they manufactured a totally new rifle they had many issue with those guns and that took time solve them.
SSS defence 762/39 can be good for thousands of orders not for whole infantry were a product with issues will create another INSAS type saga.

I dunno AK-12/15 could have been more costly? As Russians are already milking india completely for a inferior weapon who knows how much they will milk for AK-15.

rkhanna

Country flag
Yes, India to Bangladesh after liberation war.
We provided ALOT of material and treasure to Bangladesh post the war. And then we acted like we own them for decades.

Trust me i also don't like this whole AK-203 deal. I'm not saying that you are wrong but their is something which i would like to add.
Honestly - alot of what this government doesnt add up. but shhssh we cant talk about it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles