Indian Army: News and Discussion

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Half baked news. Or in fact FAKE news IMO.
Unlikely I would say.

Alexander Mikheyev, head of the state arms exporter Rosoboronexport, said, "We have already signed the corresponding document and now, together with an Indian private company, we are organising the production of Igla-S MANPADS in India," Reuters reported quoting TASS.
IA inducted Igla S in 2021/22 around 300+ missiles
Maybe GoI gone ahead with idea of local production
Probably, perhaps anticipating delays in the indigenous VSHORADS program. Or that the VSHORADS program is not in the same lightweight, man-portable category as Igla.

My only issue is we should be shedding our connections from Russia as much as possible, instead of buying more weapons from them.

Eagle Eye

Country flag
Russia signed Igla deal with private company for future Indian or export orders. Means there's no any new purchasing order frm GOI.

Blademaster

Unlikely I would say.

Probably, perhaps anticipating delays in the indigenous VSHORADS program. Or that the VSHORADS program is not in the same lightweight, man-portable category as Igla.

My only issue is we should be shedding our connections from Russia as much as possible, instead of buying more weapons from them.
Why? Have India become a bootlicker of the US? India should buy from whomever it wants to go fulfill its defense needs only if it’s domestic companies cannot meet the demand

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Why? Have India become a bootlicker of the US? India should buy from whomever it wants to go fulfill its defense needs only if it’s domestic companies cannot meet the demand
Unless India wants to become a bootlicker of China, directly or indirectly, we must stop licking the boots of Russia.

I don't think I need to explain, I have explained in my previous replies.

karn

Country flag
Unlikely I would say.

The DRDO offering is tripod mounted unfortunately.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Unlikely I would say.

You are contradicting yourself here.

Blademaster

Unless India wants to become a bootlicker of China, directly or indirectly, we must stop licking the boots of Russia.

I don't think I need to explain, I have explained in my previous replies.
Lol. What makes you think that buying Russian weapons make India a bootlicker of China? This is a fallacious argument you are making and it does not withstand scrutiny. Try again.

And by saying that "I don't think I need to explain. I have explained in my previous replies" mean that you basically got shit to say and you fall on the tired age old cliche of saying "I have explained it already. Check out my previous replies". Yeah you got shit.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Lol. What makes you think that buying Russian weapons make India a bootlicker of China? This is a fallacious argument you are making and it does not withstand scrutiny. Try again.
Nah, I will pass. I will reserve my energy for more intellectually stimulating discussions than repeating myself on obvious facts.

you fall on the tired age old cliche of saying "I have explained it already. Check out my previous replies".
Correct.

Blademaster

Nah, I will pass. I will reserve my energy for more intellectually stimulating discussions than repeating myself on obvious facts.

Correct.
So you admit that you got nothing. Wow something must be said for your "superior" debating skills.... not. It's so paki of you.

Blademaster

Of course ! When did I deny :lehappy:
Since this is an adverse confession, it can and will be used against you on this forum and any other forum regardless of the context or situation that your posts may be. Do you understand the above consequences? Would you like to retract your statement?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Anyway, jest aside. I have wasted almost a page doing exactly what I hate, which is cluttering this forum with pointless internet fights.

@Blademaster let's debate on this meaningfully tomorrow. 👇

What makes you think that buying Russian weapons make India a bootlicker of China? This is a fallacious argument you are making and it does not withstand scrutiny.

Blademaster

Anyway, jest aside. I have wasted almost a page doing exactly what I hate, which is cluttering this forum with pointless internet fights.

@Blademaster let's debate on this meaningfully tomorrow. 👇
Here's something to ponder about. Russians have gained enormous amount of knowledge and experience in dealing with Western weapons and knowing what works and doesn't work. It would be extremely foolish and unwise to dismiss Russian weapons and the knowledge and know how. I bet that Russians are inventing new ways of improving their tanks to withstand the current challenges they face. And they have come up with innovative ways of defeating drones en masse. The Ukrainians freely admit that nearly all of their drones are useless and have resorted to jury rigged handheld drones and they only have limited success.

And don't forget that the Russians were at the receiving end of HIMARS and western artillery so they probably developed workable countermeasures against those weapons. That is something you cannot easily ignore.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles