then buy my NBC equipment..
Then buy my coat Parka for mountains.

the wish list is endless.......
Why you write like this..

Just curious..

Bhadra

Country flag
Its Range is 21km most for 122mm D-30..

OFB 105 can fire 105 HEAT if available..
The D-30 has a maximum range of 15.4 kilometers, (or over 21 km using RAP ammunition). That RAP is not with you or is it?

Do not confuse it with Chinese 122 mm How.

[]Error

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
The D-30 has a maximum range of 15.4 kilometers, (or over 21 km using RAP ammunition). That RAP is not with you or is it?
Yes, 21km with RAP..

But OFB 105 is not more than 17kms..

122mm munition is imported cannot say for sure we have RAP or not..
Chinese have many Variant of 122mm..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@ asianobserve

First buy my Gun
Then buy my mover
Then buy my helicopter
then buy my ammo
then buy my axillary system
then buy my fire direction radar

the wish list is endless.......

Well, you cannot escape the fact that you have to buy these stuff (either now or in the future). Anyway, the point of the pics is the mobility of the M777.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Because India is buying that system and people are advertising for more and more. Natural business strategy.

@ asianobserve

First buy my Gun
Then buy my mover
Then buy my helicopter
then buy my ammo
then buy my axillary system
then buy my fire direction radar
The thing is MI-17 presently carry OFB 105 under sling, Carrying M777 will be same..
Mover comes with the Whole Package.
Ammo is already Manufacture in country..
M777 don't have Axillary systems..
India have its FDR..
NBC is already available..

Bhadra

Country flag
Well, you cannot escape the fact that you have to buy these stuff (either now or in the future). Anyway, the point of the pics is the mobility of the M777.
I really do not know if India is buying that stuff for Marine operations. I am also not sure if Chinook can carry that howitzer from Misamari to Tawang under slung at an altitude above 5000 meters?

So Indian requirements for mobility would be different. However, thanks for display of options. I got some ideas for use of 777 for Marine operations. However, the kind of marine ops India would be involved in, 25 pounder would suffice.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I really do not know if India is buying that stuff for Marine operations. I am also not sure if Chinook can carry that howitzer from Misamari to Tawang under slung at an altitude above 5000 meters?

So Indian requirements for mobility would be different. However, thanks for display of options. I got some ideas for use of 777 for Marine operations. However, the kind of marine ops India would be involved in, 25 pounder would suffice.
I hope I'm mistaken, but it seems that your being too frugal with the safety of your troops and pride of your country. If India can afford it, nothing than the best (given a specific set of requirements) should be acquired for the troops (Indian Marines or otherwise). Anything less than the best will be a serious let down.

BTW, I think the IAF is already seriously considering the Chinook for its future heavy lift needs. But as Kunal pointed out there's no need for immediate accessory purchases for the M777 as the IA can immediately intgrate the weapon to existing systems.

Last edited:

SpArK

SORCERER
The thing is MI-17 presently carry OFB 105 under sling, Carrying M777 will be same..
Mover comes with the Whole Package.
Ammo is already Manufacture in country..
M777 don't have Axillary systems..
India have its FDR..
NBC is already available..

Hi

Ive heard it has an accuracy of 5 meters.

Would like to know how they track the targets and guide the fire.

In short provide some info on digital fire-control system and Digital Gun Management System (DGMS).

Thanks in advance.

Galaxy

Country flag
[video]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/M777_Light_Towed_Howitzer_In_operation.ogv[/video]

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
M982 Excalibur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"An M982 Excalibur precision-guided artillery round (center) falls onto a suspected insurgent safe house during combat operations in the northern region of Baghdad May 5, 2007. Soldiers of the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division fired the round from their M109A6 Paladin howitzer on Camp Taji, Iraq and this was the first operational use of the projectile."

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Kanpur Ordnance Factory had developed 155 MM field gun

KOF had developed 155 MM field gun !

करगिल युद्द में दुश्मन को नाको चबाने वाली बोफोर्स तोप के लिए अब भारत को स्वीडन जैसे देश का मुंह ताकने की जरुरत नहीं रह गई है देश की कानपुर आयुध फैक्ट्री में पूरी तरह से स्वदेशी बोफोर्स गन बनकर तैयार हो गई है देसी इंजीनियरों के मुताबिक यह तोप बोफोर्स तोप से कहीं बेहतर है।

इस देसी बोफोर्स तोप का नाम पी-1(55) रखा गया है। आपको बता दें कि 1984 से 1990 के बीच स्वीडन से करीब 400 बोफोर्स तोपो का आयात किया गया था लेकिन विवादों के कारण इसका और आयात नहीं हो सका। इस तोप ने करगिल युद्ध में अहम भूमिका निभाई थी। रक्षा मंत्रालय और आयुध निर्माण बोर्ड के बीत तमाम रिसर्च और प्रोयग के बाद ऐसी 414 तोप बनाने को लेकर सहमति हो गई है।

यह गन एक मिनट में आठ राउंड फायर कर सकती है इसे किसी भी मोर्चे पर आसानी से तैनात किया जा सकता है। इसका 155 एमएम का गोला तीस किलोमीटर तक निशाना लगाने में सक्षम है जिसकी रेंज 40 किलोमीटर तक बढ़ाई जा सकती है। इस तोप की खास बात यह है कि इसका एक भी पुर्जा आयात नहीं किया गया है सारे पुर्जे देश में ही बनाए गए हैं।

Bofors gun is better than ever.

The indigenous name of Bofors gun P-1 (55) is placed. Ministry of Defence of the Board of Ordnance Research and Proyg passed since all this has been agreed to make 414 cannon.

This gun can fire eight rounds in a minute it can be deployed easily on any front. The 155 mm gun capable of firing thirty kilometers, which can extend up to 40 km range. the best part in the article

1. Not a single spare is imported
2. Ministry of Defence of the Board of Ordnance Research and Proyg passed since all this has been agreed to make 414 cannon.

These are 45cal and 39cal guns not 52cal guns..

http://mod.nic.in/product&supp/welcome.html]भारतीय इंजीनियरों का कमाल बना डाली बोफोर्स से बेहतर तोप - india made bofors gun - www.bhaskar.com[/URL]

Last edited:

JayChennai

they are not working on 52 cal...they will get a 39 and 42 cal prototype which will be tested by army one and later decide on 52 cal. And you known how much army loves testing our products...they dont like to stop. Dec 2012 is too optimistic

Immanuel

Country flag
Glad to hear, the M777 purchase in back on track. I think we need to order atleast 1000+ with a considerable number of them made in India under TOT. We should also get our hands on the Excalibur rounds as well, we should also order a few million of those rounds also with tot and local manufacture. Or develope our own gps guided munition. 2012 for the home made 155 gun is a challenge but all is well when there's a will.