Indian Army Artillery

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
As the work of the DRDO is getting better and better the faith on DRDO is also growing day by day and I will say that we have to believe our own people and the DRDO will also live upto its expectations. End of the the DRDO needs some support and encouragement from its own people. If we our selves are not ready to give them proper encouragement then we should not expect anything from them and we should not make hasty comments on the DRDO.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
1,580 towed artillery guns of 155mm/52cal
145 , ultralight howitzer of 155mm/39cal
180 Wheeled SPGH of 155mm/52cal
100 tracked SPGH of 155mm/52cal

even if worst case scenario happens, when can we see at-least half of those guns in our inventory? considering all possible delays and hurdles? what will happen to our existing inventory?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
even if worst case scenario happens, when can we see at-least half of those guns in our inventory? considering all possible delays and hurdles? what will happen to our existing inventory?
The best thing and Only Possible, Logical solution is to convert all 130mm and Bofors 155mm of 39cal to OFB 155mm / 45cal..
In this way we can update more than 700 guns to 155mm and they can hit to 40kms or more..

OFB is working and have green light to convert 130mm and FH-77 into 155mm / 45cal, Some Update 130mm into 155mm/45cal are in service and kicking..

OFB also working on newer Indian degin 155mm guns of 45cal and 39cal, Where as DRDO is working on 52cal..
Their is no hope in issuing RFI which can be understandable for a person with half of his brain or a 13 year old girl..

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
The best thing and Only Possible, Logical solution is to convert all 130mm and Bofors 155mm of 39cal to OFB 155mm / 45cal..
In this way we can upgrade more than 700 guns to 155mm and they can hit to 40kms or more..

OFB is working and have green light to convert 130mm and FH-77 into 155mm / 45cal, Some Update 130mm into 155mm/45cal are in service and kicking..

OFB also working on newer Indian degin 155mm guns of 45cal and 39cal, Where as DRDO is working on 52cal..
Their is no hope in issuing RFI which can be understandable for a person with half of his brain or a 13 year old girl..
kunal ji, how can they update 130mil to 155mil? i means every thing needs to be changed if the shells diameter are different. they need to upgrade almost every thing. i think we will be better off by either buying or developing 155 mil from scratch. did i understood that correctly?

considering the past records of OFB and DRDO i do not trust them when i talk about big guns.. :(

i think it will be difficult to throw the shell upto 40 km. i thinkk 30'ish km will be reasonable.

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
kunal ji, how can they update 130mil to 155mil? i means every thing needs to be changed if the shells diameter are different. they need to upgrade almost every thing. i think we will be better off by either buying or developing 155 mil from scratch. did i understood that correctly?

considering the past records of OFB and DRDO i do not trust them when i talk about big guns.. :(

i think it will be difficult to throw the shell upto 40 km. i thinkk 30'ish km will be reasonable.
i think OFB and DRDO can convert them, as India already converted some Russian Guns M-30 130mm guns upgraded to 155mm 39cal with the help from Israel. this experiance can help now,

Zebra

Country flag
India: Howitzer Buyback on Track - Defense News

By VIVEK RAGHUVANSHI
Published: 16 Dec 2011 14:24

NEW DELHI - India is going ahead with the purchase of M777 Ultra Light Howitzers from the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems, Defence Ministry officials said, refuting media reports here that that the project has run into "rough weather."

One ministry official said the $650 million, 145-gun deal is on track and will proceed quickly.

In a press statement, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said user trials of the gun have been completed, with maintainability testing and an evaluation by the Director General of Quality Assurance still to come.

Antony told the Indian parliament on Dec. 12 that India is looking at buying the guns through the U.S. government's Foreign Military Sales program.

The procurement was stalled after a report on the trials was released, but the program is back on track now, Antony said.

"The field evaluation trial report of the guns was a confidential document. Four pages of draft field trial report were received in an anonymous envelope by the Army headquarters. An enquiry in the matter is underway," the minister said.

Army officials want the howitzers quickly to boost firepower in high-altitude battlegrounds. A 2008 attempt to buy the guns was canceled in late 2009 after bidder Singapore Technologies was alleged to have been involved in kickbacks. In early 2010, Army officials gave the nod to the other bidder, BAE Systems. Singapore Technologies responded early this year with a lawsuit meant to stay the deal with BAE. The lawsuit is still in the hearing stage .

:thumb:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Finally after long waited years we are going to get new GUNS in the ARMY...........:thumb:

Zebra

Country flag
[video]http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/futureweapons-m777-howitzer.html[/video]

Zebra

Country flag
I'm pretty sure , IA will go for more than 145 .

Pandora

Country flag
Am still looking for some SP howitzers ,we really lagging even Pakistan is ahead of us in this regards with huge margin.
M 109 and Chinese Nornico SP you just name it...:mad2:

Poseidon

Country flag
India:M777 Howitzer Buy back on Track.

India: Howitzer Buy back on Track
By VIVEK RAGHUVANSHI
Published: 16 Dec 2011 14:24

NEW DELHI - India is going ahead with the purchase of M777 Ultra Light Howitzers from the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems, Defence Ministry officials said, refuting media reports here that that the project has run into "rough weather."

One ministry official said the $650 million, 145-gun deal is on track and will proceed quickly.

In a press statement, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said user trials of the gun have been completed, with maintainability testing and an evaluation by the Director General of Quality Assurance still to come.

Antony told the Indian parliament on Dec. 12 that India is looking at buying the guns through the U.S. government's Foreign Military Sales program.

The procurement was stalled after a report on the trials was released, but the program is back on track now, Antony said.

"The field evaluation trial report of the guns was a confidential document. Four pages of draft field trial report were received in an anonymous envelope by the Army headquarters. An enquiry in the matter is underway," the minister said.

Army officials want the howitzers quickly to boost firepower in high-altitude battlegrounds. A 2008 attempt to buy the guns was canceled in late 2009 after bidder Singapore Technologies was alleged to have been involved in kickbacks. In early 2010, Army officials gave the nod to the other bidder, BAE Systems. Singapore Technologies responded early this year with a lawsuit meant to stay the deal with BAE. The lawsuit is still in the hearing stage.

India: Howitzer Buyback on Track - Defense News

agentperry

they arent bought yet?

they should be inducted soon and others too.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
This is a surprise for me as they said the plan is dropped and here they suddenly say that everything is on track and tommorow they will even say that INDIA has an ICBM with MIRV's. After all this is INDIA and no one can expect what the INDIANS may do and when they might do ?

Global Defence

Articles