Indian Army Artillery

KS

Bye bye DFI
MUST WATCH:

can anyone tell me what the bgm song is..? I love it every time i hear on DD or anywhere but dont know what it is..

EDIT: - got it , thanks ppl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
can anyone tell me what the bgm song is..? I love it every time i hear on DD or anywhere but dont know what it is..

EDIT: - got it , thanks ppl.
Even you got it, I would love to post the song here..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KS

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Kunal, this is my gut feeling that finally this gun saga is going to come to an end, and IA will have an home grown product no foreign one will make the cut in medium term. May be we will see some short term purchase like ULH, but with our own Titanium plant coming online that is also a one time order it seems

Let our fingers crossed,Their are many who like to do RFI things again and again as we know since 80s, For Personal benefit and ego risking thousand of Soldiers and Officers with million of Civilians..

Even slightest error can be portrait as huge mistake error, Like the one you posted above..

Last edited:

Patriot

Country flag

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
What happened to the Gun to be developed by DRDO? DRDO announced that they are developing the one! No update on that from DRDO. Now under UPA regime Army can hope for a 155 mm gun only from DRDO as this govt. is not going to buy one. Again army's acceptance of drdo gun is questionable like Arjun MBT.
Dont include Political mess, Endless BS..

Lets wait and see..

agentperry

Chinese weapon is cheap but quality is ok, but these stuff are special, cheap and good, why don't come to Chinese. save a lot of money and time.
well my only experience with chinese stuf means chinese brand was in palika bazar, new delhi. the sales man said about their quality- chale toh chand tak na chale toh shaam tak, the guarantee ends after exiting the shop

Ray

The Chairman
Good to know.

However, greater will be the pleasure when the product is seen!

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Why only INDIA should buy from China? India also has something in offer for China. The product will be a custom designed for China as per its requirements and cost. It is a well known weapon and is being used for a long time in INDIA and it is the hand-held weapon which has a good range and can cause sufficient damage to the target also. Can anyone guess what the weapon may be? A small clue- it is used by children through out INDIA. HA ha ha.......... :rofl: :taunt: If anyone can guess what weapon it is i would be happy.......

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Chinese weapon is cheap but quality is ok, but these stuff are special, cheap and good, why don't come to Chinese. save a lot of money and time.
We are looking for quality defense stuff. Please sell this stuff to your all weather friend Pakistan and countries like bangladesh.

lcatejas

You can have Chinese noodles :laugh: but not Chinese weapons its only for Pakistan and Gareeb Countries... cheap and chalo...

p2prada

Good to know.

However, greater will be the pleasure when the product is seen!
I read an article recently which said the govt ordered OFB to build 4 prototypes of the "cursed" 155mm Bofor guns, for which we have the blue prints, in the next few years and have them tested. I guess these are the same ones.

Pintu

Anyways the topic is about India's own 155 mm artillery, lets not deviate from here, Satish007, I think a separate thread might be or can be opened, on Chinese 155 mm gun,unless the thread does exist.

Regards

doobie

What do you guys think this will do to the trials due to start in May for the Towed Gun?
The French and the Israeli's are due to start the fire trials for the only ongoing project - the 155mm 52 calibre Towed Autonomous gun

agentperry

What do you guys think this will do to the trials due to start in May for the Towed Gun?
The French and the Israeli's are due to start the fire trials for the only ongoing project - the 155mm 52 calibre Towed Autonomous gun
it doesnt matter. IA will still go for imported guns.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Thats whats everyone has been saying for the last 25 years!!:(
Lets hope for the best, though i have no hopes in RFIs..

OFB is working on a 45 and 39 cal arty not to be confused by DRDO`s 52cal..

agentperry

look.thing is simple and straight forward. first two copies of quotations are dropped at commanders' office, one with commission highlighted and second without it.
then detailed analysis of commission is done so that they know how much each of the corrupt will get, then selected companies will respond, for detailing the installments and downpayment and all.
finally in the trails, a sample amount is sent thru safe network. if no one detected it. bingo contract is signed, if not then deal is cancelled and re-tendering with foolish company debarred.
simple